2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I didn’t think crane was actually a brain dead moron but the Ausmus stuff scared me. Glad to see a pro in the job. 

I am very happy, but was it ever confirmed Ausmus ever interviewed? We heard about Brown, Evans, and the guy working in the MLB office. Those are the only 3 that ever read about interviewing.

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Joe Morgan- most anti-  stat guy out there and most beloved by the advanced stats compared to more contemporary rankings. 

That was always weird to me too.  Morgan was an on base machine.  It would be like Tim Raines not liking advanced stats.  Dude, your game was advanced stats.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I am very happy, but was it ever confirmed Ausmus ever interviewed? We heard about Brown, Evans, and the guy working in the MLB office. Those are the only 3 that ever read about interviewing.

Allegedly Ausmus was the runner up, per Nightengale. 

Only he was probably like 8 laps behind Brown 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

It can't be stated enough Mr.Crane is the greatest Houston sports team owner in history.

I love him because he is hellbent about being a championship team and having the best organization in baseball by being proactive and on the cutting edge when it comes to analytics, pitchers, Latin American player development, etc. Most owners would have stood pat and signed Click to a long term deal after winning a WS. Love how cutthroat Crane is about winning - he took the lumps for not bringing Click back and got someone who has scouted and signed some of the best young talent in the game. Our new GM has not been infected by Rays-itis - the Braves are comparable to the Astros when it comes to financial resources so we won’t have to worry about him not being willing to make big moves. I hated Click. I’m glad he is gone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was just looking at the Braves recent drafts and it had some interesting info. They have been super pitcher heavy since 2020 with iirc 8/9 of their top picks being pitchers. This last 3 it was 3 hs pitchers. I wonder if that was more of trying to fill holes in their system like the Angels or something else.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Scraps said:
45 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He needs to print out that list and tape it to his locker 

Fan vote had him at #3 lol

he's really coming across as the type that motivates himself, tones out lot of stuff. hope he can keep that up 

he needs to avoid 'la toxica' 

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

laugh all you want but the destinations of ohtani and trout in the coming months/years could have a seismic effect on division/league races.

i still think ohtani ends up a dodger.

Yep.  

I think Anaheim holds onto him all year b/c they make a bunch of money off him (I saw somehwere like an extra 20M) and they will bleed that for all it's worth and tell their fans they want to re-sign him.  Then the Dodgers go either 10/500 or 12/600 and he's a Dodger in the offseason.  

Trout is going to be in Anaheim for life I think.  I also think he's ok with that.  To each their own- I don't begrudge him being comfortable and liking it there. I just don't ever want to hear him bitch about not getting to experience all that goes into the post season b/c he has repeatedly made his choice to show it's just not that important to him.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep.  

I think Anaheim holds onto him all year b/c they make a bunch of money off him (I saw somehwere like an extra 20M) and they will bleed that for all it's worth and tell their fans they want to re-sign him.  Then the Dodgers go either 10/500 or 12/600 and he's a Dodger in the offseason.  

Trout is going to be in Anaheim for life I think.  I also think he's ok with that.  To each their own- I don't begrudge him being comfortable and liking it there. I just don't ever want to hear him bitch about not getting to experience all that goes into the post season b/c he has repeatedly made his choice to show it's just not that important to him.  

If trout wants to experience the postseason, we can trade for him in july and trade him back in the offseason for a bag of balls.  like collusion in fantasy football.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

If trout wants to experience the postseason, we can trade for him in july and trade him back in the offseason for a bag of balls.  like collusion in fantasy football.

So, somebody once upon a time was traded for.... himself.  
The deal was Player X was traded for a PTBNL to be determined in the offseason, he went over, played on the team that went to the playoffs and they determined after the season that the PTBNL was actually... Player X.  They tightened up that loophole after it happened.  I thought it was pretty cool.

You are obviously talking about 2 transactions which would be allowable.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn