2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

https://www.mlb.com/news/forrest-whitley-throws-strikes-in-latest-spring-start-for-astros?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

Whitley threw 38 of his 57 pitches for strikes in 2 2/3 innings in Saturday’s 3-2 victory over the Cardinals at The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. The right-handed prospect allowed four hits, two runs and struck out two batters. Whitley said the fact that he’s been around the strike zone has been the most encouraging part of his camp so far.

“My goal this camp was to come and fill it up,” he said. 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Good outing so far for Hunter Brown.

3 IP 0 H 0 BB 0 R 3 K

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

keep progressing, love it 

Probably a good thing it's not up to me, but I'd name him the 5th starter to start the season. Would give him a boost of confidence, and I think he's ready. Especially with LMJ not gonna be ready.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Probably a good thing it's not up to me, but I'd name him the 5th starter to start the season. Would give him a boost of confidence, and I think he's ready. Especially with LMJ not gonna be ready.

I think it’s pretty much assumed that will be the case

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Oh look here's Altuve celebrating a non world series clinching game while going 0 for 4.

Insert latin

Cool, now go find his IG post immediately after.  You do realize sometimes things are posted tongue in cheek and you don’t have to take everything 100% literally, right?

On 3/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

We may be watching the Astros broadcast  differently this season. Ballys owes the MLB a lot of money on March 17th

https://cordcuttersnews.com/bally-sports-will-reportedly-declare-bankruptcy-later-this-week/

This is such a cluster fuck, but not surprising given the number of people leaving cable for streaming services.