2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

do we tandem start with hunter to keep innings down in april/may?  i don't know what we do with this dude.  even with lmj out, there's no real role for him.

My guess is he'll start the season in Sugar Land to get stretched out and be the first man up if and when someone goes down or the schedule gets tight. 

22 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

That made me laugh more than it should. From the article:

"A very serious and embarrassingly exhaustive survey of the 30 MLB teams could identify only one other team that regularly makes its players pay: the Reds."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Hopefully this is the last time they are going to play this stupid tournament. The Mets are fucked, and I laugh at them.

If a team prevents players from playing in this because of Diaz I don’t ever want to see a team crowding at home plate /celebrating a walkoff ever again. 

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Wulaw might want to rebuy Meyers in hopes of recouping some of last year’s losses. He can sell Whitely if he needs a source of funds. That’s dead money. 

I have hopes for Meyers this year, not expectations. 
Brown said nice things about Whitley and the spring he’s had. Like I said, ttfwiw. 

and has been outplayed by Dirden by a wide margin.
Meanwhile, unexciting new guy Bligh Madris occupies a 40-man roster spot, thereby making the path for Dirden to crack the active roster unnecessarily more difficult than it should be given his spring training kickass performance.