2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

The jerseys look much better in person, I’ll order one soon 

3 people walking around giving parking tickets. Download the parking app, 3 clicks to pay for your spot 

the Peter Miller stuff is easily the best looking products. Very pricey but extreme quality 

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the Peter Miller stuff is easily the best looking products. Very pricey but extreme quality 

Wife got me a Peter Millar Astros pullover for Xmas. It's easily one of my favorite items of clothing. Wear it to work probably once a week. Only thing that sucks is its too warm to wear the vast majority of baseball season. Oh well. 

PM.jpg.f6d3cb4d216b0253af823c995d7f3339.jpg

Wife got me a Peter Millar Astros pullover for Xmas. It's easily one of my favorite items of clothing. Wear it to work probably once a week. Only thing that sucks is its too warm to wear the vast majority of baseball season. Oh well. 

Go to Minnesota when I do lmao
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

they had one left : very thin white pull over with World Champs logo. It was 🔥🔥🔥🔥

but a small 

I’ve hated Peter Millar ever since they had a fire sale code that went viral a year or two ago and they cancelled everyone’s order because they didn’t intend for it to be used by that many people

it’s not my problem your promotions department is full of incompetent idiots that don’t know how Twitter works.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’ve hated Peter Millar ever since they had a fire sale code that went viral a year or two ago and they cancelled everyone’s order because they didn’t intend for it to be used by that many people

it’s not my problem your promotions department is full of incompetent idiots that don’t know how Twitter works.

i got my stuff 😂😂

Did  J.Abreu have that big of a swing with the White Soxs or is this new?   I for some reason remember smaller compact swing for a big guy.

Dierden and Lee earning their spots.   I think Ronel Blanco may give me the same wood Bryan Abreu gave me last year. 

Those are my spring training thoughts thus far.  Bring on the Crawford bock Thursday.

Time for some roster discussion. This is what MLB.com had 10 days ago:

Catcher (2): Martín Maldonado, Yainer Diaz This is what I prefer but think it’s a coin flip between Diaz and Lee

First baseman (1): José Abreu

Second baseman (1): Altuve. Replaced by Hensley.   Use Dubon as a defensive replacement 

Shortstop (1): Jeremy Peña

Third baseman (1): Alex Bregman

Outfielders (4): Kyle Tucker, Chas McCormick, Jake Meyers, Justin Dirden. Have to get Dirden on the 40 man but that’s easily done when Altuve goes on the 60 day IL

DH (1): Yordan Alvarez

Bench/utility (2): David Hensley, Mauricio Dubón. Obviously 1 of these is going to get starts so add Matijevic? He’ll be the first to go when Brantley is ready  

Starting pitchers (5): Framber Valdez, Cristian Javier, José Urquidy, Luis Garcia, Hunter Brown

Relief pitchers (8): Ryan Pressly, Ryne Stanek, Phil Maton, Rafael Montero, Bryan Abreu, Héctor Neris, Seth Martinez, Matt Gage  Replace Gage with Blanco. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

My roster:

Maldy, Abreu, Hensley, Pena, Bregman, Tucker, Meyers, Chas, Alvarez- Bench- Lee, Dubon, Y Diaz (DH- LF backup), Leon (I know it will probably be Dirden but I'd like to see Leon get his feet wet for a couple weeks and I think he could be a defensive replacement and pinch runner and bring more value than Dirden who probably won't get AB's beyond those of the charity variety.  

P- Framber, Javier, Garcia, Urquidy, Brown, Presley, Abreu, Neris, Montero, Stanek, Martinez, Blanco, Gage. Maton fired into the face of the sun. I mean, it won't go down that way so I guess replace Gage with Maton for what will really happen.  Just having to keep @LCHorn on his toes. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maldy, Abreu, Hensley, Pena, Bregman, Tucker, Meyers, Chas, Alvarez- Bench- Lee, Dubon, Y Diaz (DH- LF backup), Leon (I know it will probably be Dirden but I'd like to see Leon get his feet wet for a couple weeks and I think he could be a defensive replacement and pinch runner and bring more value than Dirden who probably won't get AB's beyond those of the charity variety.  

Dirden's lefty bat/power potential and defense elevates him over Leon. He's going to get his chances. 

• Hook 'Em 1

C - Machete, Lee 

1st - Abreu 

2nd - hennesley

SS - Pena 

3rd - Bregman 

OF - Tucker, Chas, Dirden 

DH - Yordan 

Bench - Dubon, JJ,  meyers 

SP - Framber Valdez, Cristian Javier, José Urquidy, Luis Garcia, Hunter Brown

BP - Ryan Pressly, Ryne Stanek, Phil Maton, Rafael Montero, Bryan Abreu, Héctor Neris, Seth Martinez, Blanco. 

100% I can see brown / Blanco being combo starters 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1