Mr Ford is in the building

Coach pop a bitch

He was the lowest ranked player of his recruiting class and is absolutely balling out. Best LB we’ve had since Malik Jefferson and we’ve got at least one more year with him. This also isn’t his first time creating turnovers in absolutely critical situations. Remember the INT on the goal line against ISU that prevented us from going down 14-3.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That happens when you have to cover Vaughn man up. He laid plenty of good licks on the Deuce as well. 
1st year as a starter, 82 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 FRs, 2 sacks, and 7.5 TFL. I think Ford is playing well above his ranking.

Wasn’t it before the Bama game where a few posters had written him off as trash?

Wasn’t it before the Bama game where a few posters had written him off as trash?

He was an offseason darling so that doesn’t really feel right.

Up and down game for him yesterday, really emblematic for the defense as a whole.

Big 12 DPOY will be Tyree Wilson but Ford’s got a shot at first team all conference. I assume Malik was the last LB Texas had to do that, and before that I don’t know. Jordan Hicks maybe? Good company to be in.

5 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

He was the lowest ranked player of his recruiting class and is absolutely balling out. Best LB we’ve had since Malik Jefferson and we’ve got at least one more year with him. This also isn’t his first time creating turnovers in absolutely critical situations. Remember the INT on the goal line against ISU that prevented us from going down 14-3.

But I am told because we have 4- and 5- stars everywhere we should be beating the shit out of everyone not OU.

Huh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He was an offseason darling so that doesn’t really feel right.

Up and down game for him yesterday, really emblematic for the defense as a whole.

Big 12 DPOY will be Tyree Wilson but Ford’s got a shot at first team all conference. I assume Malik was the last LB Texas had to do that, and before that I don’t know. Jordan Hicks maybe? Good company to be in.

I figure he will end up being all conference.

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Shame he didn't get any development last year, sitting behind Brock for no good fucking reason.

Ford is also tied for the team lead in INTs. No safety in sight on the INT leaderboard.

He played plenty last year and was lost more times than not. Still, he had 53 tackles and 6 TFLs. He has become more of play-maker this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/6/2022 at 3:43 AM, Auto Driller said:

Is he technically draft-eligible? If he keeps ballin’, he might not be back next year.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:35 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

Has had a great season. 

Last weekend was the first time I saw our defense actually cover the middle of the field every so often.

I'm still thinking a head or two needs to roll on that side of the ball, and that Sark needs to figure out why we only have offense for half a game on the road, but I'm happy. KSU should've punked us, but the D was actually ready.

• Like 1

Before the season started, I and a few others were shouted down for even suggesting it was possible to have Top 50 LB unit.

Think its vital to get some Edges willing and able to defend the run on occasion. Its still not great but not as putrid as last year. Then you can develop linebackers.

His effort every play is light years above Malik. Even when he does something wrong, it's with total conviction.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope he comes back for his senior season.
NIL makes it more possible than ever before, but he may have played himself into quite a nice draft spot this year. One that may not improve significantly unless he comes back and has an even better season along with some awards.

Should have beaten Tech or OSU I guess. 

I knew that damn OSU game ruined our season. What a fucking shitty choke job that was and yes the refs helped out, but they only helped. We did the heavy lifting.

We win that game and Ford wins that award...or not. I watched the K-State game and the K-State vs Kansas game and I don't remember that dude. Did he also get a ton of sacks, interceptions, and forced fumbles?

On 11/26/2022 at 11:00 PM, Slacks said:

He hasn't played himself into the 1st round.

He could.

He needs to have the combine measurements to get into the first round. NFL doesn't care as much about on field performance. Jack Sanborn was  first-team All-Big Ten with 91 tackles, 16 TFL, and five sacks and still went undrafted. Travon Walker wasn't even the best player on his defense and went #1 and moved to linebacker because of his combine numbers. If he runs well he's going pro.