TCU@UT opening line -6.5 UT

nnm

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Insane. Me betting on TCU and the money line would insure a Texas victory.

What is that betting app where I can bet a grand and if I lose it I don’t have to pay it?

I put $30 on KSt +2.5.  Paying $30 for the Texas win was worth it.

May have to up this week to $50 on TCU +6.5.  Texas beating them by a TD would be worth it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We score points in the second half at home. TCU's defense is also not great. Gotta watch out for cheap shots on Quinn though. If our OL lets Quinn get hit, they need to be taken to the woodshed.

If we get up big again, and PK plays his preferred death by a thousand cuts defense, our offense SHOULD be able to put up more points at home and keep the game out of reach.

• Hook 'Em 3

I strongly suspected we were going to get a line like this. The computers absolutely love Texas and we are at home. People pay attention to rankings and let that influence their perception of what a gambling line is going to be but that’s not how it works, obviously. 
Texas should be favored by a TD 

anyone with any sense shouldn’t trust Texas at all. 

I will be betting against Texas this week like I did last week, and hoping I lose bc we roll by 35 and look like a rolling ball of butcher knives. 

We are the better team. We should win. I don’t trust us yet. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. The computers LOVE us. We have some big wins and lost 3 extremely close games, 2 with a backup QB. Yes, TCU is a good team, but they've also been extremely fortunate with injuries to opponent's QBs. If you want to load up on TCU +6.5, then do it but I wouldn't touch that shit.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. The computers LOVE us. We have some big wins and lost 3 extremely close games, 2 with a backup QB. Yes, TCU is a good team, but they've also been extremely fortunate with injuries to opponent's QBs. If you want to load up on TCU +6.5, then do it but I wouldn't touch that shit.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

If by that you mean they are successfully knocking out their opponents' starting QBs (some of which might be questionable plays), then yes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are the better team. We should win. I don’t trust us yet. 

parcells. 

let's examine the record of roach.

colorado & tarleton state, whatever, 2-0

@ponies, iron skillet, 8-pt win, legit, 3-0

thieves by 31, just as legit as our result, 4-0

@toucan sam, won by 7, very legit, 5-0

oSu, 3 points, same game pattern, our result looks better given the penalties and non-0u-ewers, 6-0

kstate by 10, didn't see it, so don't know if the game pattern was similar, although the result was exactly the same, 7-0

@wv by 10, our result looks much better, 8-0

tceh by 10, this one feels like a tossup, 9=0

++++

in our favor: our score in the wv game and the fact that we played bama as our marquee ooc and they played for the skillet

so the differences between 6-3 and 9-0 are bama, oSu and tceh, all of which were lost by a combined 11 points.

++++

using parcells and the ferengi rules of acquisition, i started off this post working towards a conclusion of "we should not win convincingly" and i arrived at "this should be a convincingly close game".

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Recurring ankle injury, my guess is he will give it a go but every play is roll of dice.

If Johnston trots a couple yards past the first-down marker and stands between the hash marks, he can all but eliminate the chance of heavy contact. 

• Haha 1