Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

Honestly, I don’t think there’s an outcome that would surprise me short of one team just totally running the other off the field.

The Texas pass defense is so bad that it’s not hard to see TCU naming their number. Conversely, the TCU defense is a step down from KSU or ISU. If Texas plays a sharp game on offense there are going to be a lot of points to be had as well. Now that I’ve said this, it’ll be 3-2, of course.

Texas favored by an entire TD feels a little generous but I can certainly see why one would expect them to win at home. Should be a great atmosphere. Bummed we won’t be there.

• Haha 1

The committee seems more prone to rank for matchups and give teams the opportunity to prove themselves in the top 4 when they have a big game upcoming. That's why I think they put TCU 4 this week and let them prove themselves while giving the country a #~18 and #4  match-up. Let's win this and force them to keep us out of the 10th spot. 

Should be an electric environment with a night home game against a top ten team. DKR really gets up for these games. I’m cautiously optimistic for this one. Having Patterson on staff should give us unique insight and he’s probably been prepping for this game plan for months.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So do we. Plus Quentin Johnson was knocked out of the Tech game with an ankle injury. That can't hurt.

His status is huge. TCU can't stretch the field without him and they were limited yesterday as a result. And won't be able to rely upon a coach consistently going for it on 4th down from his own 35. 

2 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Should be an electric environment with a night home game against a top ten team. DKR really gets up for these games. I’m cautiously optimistic for this one. Having Patterson on staff should give us unique insight and he’s probably been prepping for this game plan for months.

This is the season here. Win and we can still make the b12 championship game. Lose and We likely lose to Kansas or Baylor too. Maybe both to end the season with a 3 game losing skid.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT mentioned today that they don’t expect Guilbeau back during the regular season. Sounds like a bowl game is the earliest possible return.

What kind of injury was it? I just remember him going down