Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

question....got a youngster family member coming to the game...he really likes Bevo....do they unload him and walk him into the stadium?   And if so where does this happen?

The Silver Spurs website says he enters the stadium 3.5 hours before game time with a parade. South end of Bevo Blvd (San Jac and 20th).
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

No CR, but TCU is gonna throw for somewhere between 700 billion and a trillion 300 million billion yards.  

Yet we still might win.  

I’ve been looking for a place to drop this tasty morsel. And by tasty morsel, I mean terrible factoid:

The last 3 QBs this D has faced have thrown for their conference high yardage against UT: Dekkers, Sanders, Martinez. For Dekkers and Martinez, it was season high. Ouch. 

• Rage+1 2

SP+ update (SP+, Offense, Defense)

Preseason: 22, 8, 51
Post Week 1: 18, 8, 47
Post Week 2: 16, 7, 40
Post Week 3: 14, 8, 35
Post Week 4: 11, 7, 33
Post Week 5: 5, 7, 23
Post Week 6: 5, 7, 16
Post Week 7: 6, 11, 13
Post Week 8 (Bye Week) : 6, 13, 16
Post Week 9: 6, 11, 21

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

I’ve been looking for a place to drop this tasty morsel. And by tasty morsel, I mean terrible factoid:

The last 3 QBs this D has faced have thrown for their conference high yardage against UT: Dekkers, Sanders, Martinez. For Dekkers and Martinez, it was season high. Ouch. 

I think it may be related to the fact we can't cover anyone. We can pressure the QB but we can't tackle him when we get there.

So yeah TCUs QB is probably going to have a good day.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I say Gary coaches and sark recruits. Seems like the perfect match for this week. Or I liked the first second half idea. I kinda am hoping we are losing at half.

All this excitement about Patterson's involvement. I looked and Patterson lost the last two games against Dykes. Dyke's teams scored 40+ in each win.

46 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

All this excitement about Patterson's involvement. I looked and Patterson lost the last two games against Dykes. Dyke's teams scored 40+ in each win.

Very true but he hadn’t coached and recruited his players in those games. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fat Pat is an advantage. Knows the players knows Dykes. Will we use it? Who the fuck knows.

If Patterson could outcoach Dykes, he'd still have a job in Ft Worth.  He also led TCU to a 5-7 record last year and a statistically worse defense than ours.  Dykes must have brought in a shitload of new talent I guess.

Edited by WBT

9 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

question....got a youngster family member coming to the game...he really likes Bevo....do they unload him and walk him into the stadium?   And if so where does this happen?

Saw it was answered. Hook Em. Fuck TCU. 

Edited by InkaUtexas

10 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

On Thursday or Friday the Texassports.com website will post the game day schedule and it will tell you exactly when Bevo shows up just to the southwest of the stadium for a short walk into the stadium led by the band and cheer. Highly recommend it for the kids.  

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

At home it's largely irrelevant. DKR has been very loud this season compared to past seasons. I think they ball out and let their nuts hang. Too much on the line. 

Yes. Also:

ULM 31-0 first half, 38-7 second half

Bama  10-10 first half, 9-10 second half

UTSA 17-17 first half, 24-3 second half

WV 28-7 first half, 10-13 second half

ISU 14-7 first half, 10-14 second half

I feel a lot better about getting a lead and not getting outscored by 2+ TD in the 2nd half within the friendly confines of DKR.  Haven't done that at home yet - worst 2nd half at home is -4 points against one of the best defenses in the Big 12, versus Tech (-13 including OT), OSU (-14) and KSU (-14) 

• Hook 'Em 5

Apparently there are rumors in TCU circles that Gary Patterson came to an agreement with Sark that Gary won’t help gameplan against TCU. “Gary has too much love for the TCU program” was the reasoning. This sounds like complete and utter horse shit. In what world would Sark allow GP to take the week off in the single most impactful game on our schedule? I was told this by one particularly delusional TCU alum.

Edited by CheesePie
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Apparently there are rumors in TCU circles that Gary Patterson came to an agreement with Sark that Gary won’t help gameplan against TCU. “Gary has too much love for the TCU program” was the reasoning. This sounds like complete and utter horse shit. In what world would Sark allow GP to take the week off in the single most impactful game on our schedule? I was told this by one particularly delusional TCU alum.

24 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Pretty sure that originated in a joke Twitter post that message boards took at face value and ran with

• Like 1

The defensive line was actually getting decent pressure on pass plays against KSU but the QB was always able to find a wide open receiver. With TCU’s speed and high quality receivers, and our injuries in the secondary plus general poor play against the pass, I think it’s going to be a really painful game for Texas. TCU might score 40-50. 

TCU ranks #73 in scoring defense, allowing ~26.9 PPG That is including against OOC teams with overall records of (1-8) (5-4) (5-4).

Texas ranks #38 in scoring defense, allowing ~21.8 PPG Despite our issues in the secondary. (FWIW, our OOC opponents have overall records of (3-6) (7-2) (7-2))

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, choripan said:

Michigan fan here. Will be pulling hard for y'all because (i) chaos helps ups our chances to get in as a one-loss team if lose a game to Illinois or OSU and (ii) would be nice to see Ewers develop like Burrow and have OSU people talking about what could have been again.

If you lose a game you're not getting in with that schedule.

• Haha 1