Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

On 11/7/2022 at 8:46 AM, ClubWhatever said:

From TCU DC's bio page:  Before becoming Stephenville's head coach in February 2008, Gillespie served 13 years as an assistant coach at the school. He coached under Art Briles for five years.

TCU also hired Kaz Kazadi, Briles / Baylors' former S&C coach.

Says a lot about those fucktards in Ft Worth

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

You boys better get ready for some interesting ref calls or lack of come Saturday. 

This is the post of the week.  The Big 12 gave us the week off, in their minds.  They actually called a few penalties against our opponent the other day.  The standard was set by OSU.  The frogs will have 0 to 2 penalties called against them all game, and of course 0 offensive holding calls.  

Add to that we literally cannot cover against green turf, that leaves our D having to create 3 more turnovers than TCU to win the game. I don't see that happening.   

11 hours ago, redswingline said:

TCU also hired Kaz Kazadi, Briles / Baylors' former S&C coach.

Says a lot about those fucktards in Ft Worth

Probably not a rabbit hole one wants to go down when Texas hired Casey Horny straight from his stint at Baylor under Briles. The TCU hires are at least years removed from that shit show and, in the case of one of them, was never even at Baylor.

Random stats:
Last 10 matchups: 7-3 for TCU.
Last time they played in Austin: TCU won.
Texas is 101st in pass defense. TCU is 21st in passing offense. 
TCU is 95th in pass defense. Texas is 49th in passing offense. 
Texas is 32nd against the run. TCU is 13th in rushing offense.
TCU is 70th against the run. Texas is 35th in rushing offense. 
TCU is 38th in 3rd down conversion offense. Texas is 93rd in 3rd down conversion defense.
Texas is 51st in 3rd down conversion offense. TCU is 64th in 3rd down conversion defense. 
TCU ranks 16th nationally in fewest penalties (42 total, 4.67 per game)
Texas ranks 71st in fewest penalties (58, 6.44 per game).
TCU seems to start slow, finish strong. Texas starts fast, finishes like shit.

To me, their main advantage is Duggan. He just makes plays when needed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

This is the post of the week.  The Big 12 gave us the week off, in their minds.  They actually called a few penalties against our opponent the other day.  The standard was set by OSU.  The frogs will have 0 to 2 penalties called against them all game, and of course 0 offensive holding calls.  

Add to that we literally cannot cover against green turf, that leaves our D having to create 3 more turnovers than TCU to win the game. I don't see that happening.   

Not that it’s anything anyone hasn’t heard before, but every fanbase complains about refs. The timing of the penalties (ie whether they occurred mostly in the 4th quarter matters, imo, more). Growing up a Tech fan I always thought Texas got all of the calls when they mattered, at the end of the game, yet UT fans would point to the total number of yards stat and say that it was about equal. 

anyways, I’m just posting for the amount of negging I’m going to get for my avatar. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Not that it’s anything anyone hasn’t heard before, but every fanbase complains about refs. The timing of the penalties (ie whether they occurred mostly in the 4th quarter matters, imo, more). Growing up a Tech fan I always thought Texas got all of the calls when they mattered, at the end of the game, yet UT fans would point to the total number of yards stat and say that it was about equal. 

anyways, I’m just posting for the amount of negging I’m going to get for my avatar. 

we didn't start complaining about the refs until we started sucking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we didn't start complaining about the refs until we started sucking.

Pardon me, and I don't mean to be rude, but are you out of your mind? The Big XII have had the worst refs since it formed in 1996. It's been so bad for so long that opposing fan bases all understand what it means to have Big XII refs at their game. I'm not even talking about 2010 - present, go back to 1996, the early 2000's...Steve Usechek ring any bells?

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Duggan is better than the majority of QBs we've faced this season. Our pass defense is atrocious. Hoping for a miracle. 

I agree and hope we see it Saturday night. I just can't see us winning this game with the D we have on the field. I feel like we can score on them, but I think if we win the game it will be a back and forth, last team with the ball type of game. Here's to upsetting the apple cart! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Duggan is better than the majority of QBs we've faced this season. Our pass defense is atrocious. Hoping for a miracle. 

Maybe our defensive line can actually tackle the QB instead of just sort of scaring him a bit before he can shake free.

6 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Pardon me, and I don't mean to be rude, but are you out of your mind? The Big XII have had the worst refs since it formed in 1996. It's been so bad for so long that opposing fan bases all understand what it means to have Big XII refs at their game. I'm not even talking about 2010 - present, go back to 1996, the early 2000's...Steve Usechek ring any bells?

If anything the SWC refs were worse.

Hopefully we can pull this one out, they’ve been trying to lose for a few weeks now. Other than the OU game, this is also their 8th week in a row of playing tough games.

Either we beat them first or Baylor knocks them off first next week. Other than the fact that we’re favored, this is the kind of game our team gets up for.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Hopefully we can pull this one out, they’ve been trying to lose for a few weeks now. Other than the OU game, this is also their 8th week in a row of playing tough games.

Either we beat them first or Baylor knocks them off first next week. Other than the fact that we’re favored, this is the kind of game our team gets up for.

Texas has the better run defense and if they stop the run with honest numbers that will at least slow TCU down.. 

This is a game, where Texas needs to run the ball and we see a good game from Quinn. Probably going to be a race to 40 

2 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

We’ve been legitimately good only one year that I’ve been a fan and we all know how that one ended

btw, nice username haha

And I still clearly remember Orakpo getting bear-hugged, tackled, etc repeatedly in a certain game that year, and I don’t think there was a single holding call…

Honestly the only game I recall Texas getting obviously and egregiously fucked by the refs - to the point where it seemed like some shit was going down - was the ‘15 Okie State game. I didn’t see all of the game in Stillwater a few weeks ago, but 14 penalties against UT and 0 against OSU was certainly…curious.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Wow tcu's 8th game in-a-row -- did not realize tcu had their Bye so early this season.  This Saturday, Texas needs to come out strong and wear those horny toads out. 🤘  

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

TCU has had pretty ideal circumstances thus far. Their road games were Kansas (with their backup QB) and WVU (saddled with their starting QB). OU, OSU, and KSU were all at home against backup or injured starting QBs. They deserve credit for winning, but they couldn't have asked for a more favorable schedule to date.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Y’all realize all of the rest of the B12 firmly believes that UT gets all of the calls, right?  That if there’s any question of the refs screwing anyone, it’ll always be in UT’s favor?  

Yup.

And yet that view isn't supported by the data.

It's especially funny hearing Tech fans say that Texas gets all the calls, and then watching the video of them tackling Orakpo to the ground time and again, up to the point where they actually injured him and knocked him out of the game, all without a single holding call.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, nnm said:

Y’all realize all of the rest of the B12 firmly believes that UT gets all of the calls, right?  That if there’s any question of the refs screwing anyone, it’ll always be in UT’s favor?  

The rest of the big 12 is going to go from irrelevant to unknown in 2 years thank God.

Just now, The Beast said:

Win by 1, still a win.

920x920.jpg

• Haha 2

We've been kicked in the dick quite a few times these past 12 years, but Saturday night will be a special atmosphere in DKR... With a night kick + college gameday + the #4 ranked team in the country in town, the crowd should play a big factor. The biggest crowd TCU has faced this season is WVU (50,426), so they could get rattled by 100,000 hostile fans in burnt orange.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

We've been kicked in the dick quite a few times these past 12 years, but Saturday night will be a special atmosphere in DKR... With a night kick + college gameday + the #4 ranked team in the country in town, the crowd should play a big factor. The biggest crowd TCU has faced this season is WVU (50,426), so they could get rattled by 100,000 hostile fans in burnt orange.

This.   TCU’s coach has been on numerous talk shows, tv interviews, etc talking about them being in the top 4 teams…..their heads are pretty big right now….hopefully, to just a little degree….takes their minds off the game….could make a difference to help us.

If I had to bet on one team being sharp and motivated from the jump I wouldn't bet on TCU. Dykes has a poor (as in terrible) track record in games like this and while they're undefeated they haven't really done anything singularly that impressive this season. Maybe @WVU exorcised some demons for him but WVU is shitty and that game was at 11am. 

If Quinn plays well and Texas puts 4 quarters together with mostly competent play in all 3 phases this is a win. If we score 3 points again in the 2H this is probably a loss. If Duggan doesn't play well then they're fucked. I'm expecting him to have a nice game given our pass D but that won't be enough for them in a vacuum. They're going to need to play above their baseline on D or hope that we shoot ourselves in the dick multiple times. 

Of course I'm assuming they will get some favorable officiating on top of all of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, CheesePie said:

Apparently there are rumors in TCU circles that Gary Patterson came to an agreement with Sark that Gary won’t help gameplan against TCU. “Gary has too much love for the TCU program” was the reasoning. This sounds like complete and utter horse shit. In what world would Sark allow GP to take the week off in the single most impactful game on our schedule? I was told this by one particularly delusional TCU alum.

That quote came from a GP parody twitter account. GP did not say/write that.