Toll passes for travelling

Zone Read

Wife (no pics) and I (you wouldn't want pics) travel a bit in Texas and other states, mostly Florida, NY, and the New England area.  Typically my car in Texas and rentals in other states.  Is there a single brand of toll pass that covers you everywhere without a huge mark-up for admin fees?

Stay away from TxTag.  Lots of discussion on this board about what a CF they are, and there is a reason -- it is the only tag system actually run by TxDOT.

Many of us, me included have switched over to TollTag, run by the Dallas Tollway authority.  It works everywhere in Texas and the other states mentioned, plus it works for airport parking at DFW and DAL (no experience at other airports) -- but more importantly, it's toll data isn't nearly as fucked up as TxTag.  Google it.  Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority stopped relying on their data.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Stay away from TxTag.  Lots of discussion on this board about what a CF they are, and there is a reason -- it is the only tag system actually run by TxDOT.

Many of us, me included have switched over to TollTag, run by the Dallas Tollway authority.  It works everywhere in Texas and the other states mentioned, plus it works for airport parking at DFW and DAL (no experience at other airports) -- but more importantly, it's toll data isn't nearly as fucked up as TxTag.  Google it.  Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority stopped relying on their data.

You can do the same thing with Harris County... their tag works everywhere in Texas.