2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

Call your shots. 

National environment 

House and Senate 

Governor races

Texas statewide offices (LG, AG, Land, RRC)

Me:

Environment - D+1

House - GOP wins the House, but the majority is less than 10 seats - too many open/new seats without incumbents that give GOP the House

Senate - Dems hold their seats but can’t win GA outright. Dems pickup PA, narrowly lose NC/WI. NC and WI both decided by less than 1%.  GA goes to a run-off because Warnock only hits 49.5%

Governor races - Dems pick up MD and MA; Dems keep PA, MI, WI, KS, NM, OR, NV and GOP keep AZ, TX, FL.  GA goes to a run off with Kemp at 49%

Texas statewide - Dems take one race, just barely. AG, probably 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dems lose everything nationally except a couple of races.  The few races the Dems win the Republicans accuse them of cheating and voter fraud and take it to court to get them over turned somehow.  The nation slowly slips away from Democracy into a dictatorship controlled by the Republican Party which is a party whose views are technically in the minority nationally.  I personally find a way to retire and live on a beach in the Caribbean earning 20%.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

House - GOP wins house and picks up 19 seats.

Senate- despite our best wishes, NC, Wisconsin, and Ohio aren’t close. The dems lose them all by 3+. Dems lose Nevada and Georgia. Dems win Pennsylvania. Senate becomes 51-49 GOP.

governor- dems win MD and MA. Dems lose Oregon and Nevada.

Texas- Republican sweep. Too many people here who vote R no matter what even with an attorney general who has a criminal record and a governor who let Texans freeze to death under his watch.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Rage+1 1

In the event Dems take either AG or LG, that person needs to fuck shit up (in a good way) while they hold on to that power. 

but who are we kidding. If any statewide race is within 2% against GOP there will be shenanigans.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Senate- despite our best wishes, NC, Wisconsin, and Ohio aren’t close. The dems lose them all by 3+. Dems lose Nevada and Georgia. Dems win Pennsylvania. Senate becomes 51-49 GOP.

Texas- Republican sweep. Too many people here who vote R no matter what even with an attorney general who has a criminal record and a governor who let Texans freeze to death under his watch.

So worst environment imaginable.  That's all you had to say.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tuesday night will be like watching the titanic sink. As long as the senate is 49/51 or better we avoid catastrophe and it gives the economy and inflation 2 years to get on track. Romney would not vote to convict on impeachment and probably a few more senators as well. If we go 55/45 repub senate then we are in real trouble 

Edited by UTGrad98
Romney

Dems lose House, hold Senate. Next two years are a flurry of "Hunter's laptop" investigations among the crazies. Rio Grande Valley and Florida make it clear that Dems don't have as strong a base with Hispanics as they thought.

Dems still don't have a chance in Texas statewide races but it's closer than many think. Instead of 55/45, more like 52/48.

Watson/Israel go to a run-off for Austin Mayor. Watson wins. All the props pass and Austin residents get taxed out the wazoo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Tuesday night will be like watching the titanic sink. As long as the senate is 49/51 or better we avoid catastrophe and it gives the economy and inflation 2 years to get on track. Romney would not vote to convict on impeachment and probably a few more senators as well. If we go 55/45 repub senate then we are in real trouble 

Need 2/3 to convict.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I say got damn.  

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.realclearpennsylvania.com/articles/2022/11/01/the_midterms_and_gen-x_super_voters_862450.html

gen X is killing the dems at the polls. The 45-64 demographic sucks.

I read the article, but even from the Ledge I cast a sideways glance at real clear because their bias has been pronounced to the point of propaganda and I'm not alone in that skepticism:

Have some real (not Ledge) 'fires' to put out this Monday so haven't had a chance to look at your Silver article, but I'm aware he's been gloomy on the blue odds. The suppression has had an effect on various demographics, but the GOP has been spending a lot lately and that can have a supersaturated effect as well, IMO.

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Call your shots. 

National environment 

House and Senate 

Governor races

Texas statewide offices (LG, AG, Land, RRC)

Me:

Environment - D+1

House - GOP wins the House, but the majority is less than 10 seats - too many open/new seats without incumbents that give GOP the House

Senate - Dems hold their seats but can’t win GA outright. Dems pickup PA, narrowly lose NC/WI. NC and WI both decided by less than 1%.  GA goes to a run-off because Warnock only hits 49.5%

Governor races - Dems pick up MD and MA; Dems keep PA, MI, WI, KS, NM, OR, NV and GOP keep AZ, TX, FL.  GA goes to a run off with Kemp at 49%

Texas statewide - Dems take one race, just barely. AG, probably 

It's like you stole my post. 

GOP wins unmanageable majority in House...10ish seats sounds right. 

I'd add a D pickup in OH Senate

Texas - Abbott +6, Patrick +2, Garza +1, but Wonky Eye refuses to vacate the office claiming election fraud (but only in his race) and it takes 6 months and maybe a new election as all the stored ballots are destroyed by a mysterious fire...probably started by an illegal alien paid for by Soros and Beto's Father in Law. 

14 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

Crossposting from 2022 Senate election thread. Weather tomorrow looks rough on the West Coast including Nevada, but shouldn’t be a factor elsewhere.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5f5fd416d1604315d13b596824d9a93.jpeg

About the only good thing that the West Coast is heavy on/majority mail-in ballots (CA, NV, WA, OR)

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

About the only good thing that the West Coast is heavy on/majority mail-in ballots (CA, NV, WA, OR)

Yep, my oldest mailed hers in and has commented ever since leaving Texas that CA makes it easier for young people like her to vote. She loves it.

Also, if one is going to join me on the Ledge, this is a read, click to read entire thread about 20 tweets long and should you wish to dive deeper, he includes some source articles.

What do those of you who dismissed Russian interference think about this?
https://www.axios.com/2022/11/07/putin-ally-admits-interfering-us-elections

Yevgeny Prigozhin, a Russian oligarch and businessman, admitted in remarks on Monday that he had previously interfered in U.S. electionsand would continue to do so in the future.

Why it matters: The comments are an about-face for Prigozhin, who has spent years denying accusations of being involved in election interference, despite being formally implicated by the U.S. government, AP reported.

What they're saying: "We have interfered, are interfering and will continue to interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way, as we know how,” Prigozhin said in remarks Monday.

Wife voted this morning in flower mound.  In and out in 25 minutes. She said lines weren't long at all. Not sure whether this is a positive. She did say she thought people were looking at her sideways and that she could see her votes going dem in the scanner which is good. But that the guy at the scanner stared at her when she said thank you. She thought it was because he could see she voted dem. I told her it was because of her mexican accent and skin color. 

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just walked by the polling place and stopped counting at 50 people waiting outside in line to vote. Had to be around 80 people. 

Why do so many wait until election day?

Procrastinators, but mostly it’s republicans that have been directed by the reich to vote on Election Day 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I voted. I also played many tickets in the Powerball last night but there is a glitch and still no numbers selected based on some “issue” from last night. This is the only day I choose to watch the news all day long. I picked MSNBC. 

Calling my shot: GOP House

GOP wins senate (picks up an unexpected seat in a state not being talked about as much)

Even if Abbott wins Texas Gov vote I hope somehow Paxton and Patrick somehow lose. It’s the only consolation I can give myself. I probably won the Powerball but I will never know…this sucks. Hope all of you voted or will be voting today. If voting today, be safe!!!