2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

The same line was said about boomers when they were hippies. Racist assholes begat racist assholes children. 

Except that we don’t have de jure segregation, we don’t have the draft, we don’t arrest people for being gay, marijuana is legal in many states…
The issues changes and so do the parties. It’s a weird kind of progress, but it’s still progress.
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to point out that Michael Moore called this midterm. He said it was not going to be a red wave. He did call Trump winning in 16 and Biden winning in 20 (I think?) so he may have a handle on the pulse of America 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok, but here’s just a political reality: incumbent senators don’t lose in a midterm when the opposite party holds the presidency (unless that incumbent senator is named Ben Nelson and he runs genuinely the worst campaign in the history of ever).

Okay, set aside Ron Johnson for a moment.

While a Dem won the governor's race, the GOP controls nearly 70% of state senate seats and 64% of the state house/assembly, and that will not change unless the Dems can flip the Wisconsin Supreme Court.

59 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Trump won’t go quietly.  He will crap on Desantis, never concede, say the race wasn’t fair, and probably go independent or try as hard as he can to burn the whole thing down.

I'm still surprised he hasn't setup a MAGA party yet, there's a lot more money than if he stays with the GOP, and you know he's had those thoughts when Republicans piss him off and aren't brought to heel by the Republican leadership.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I also want to point out that Michael Moore called this midterm. He said it was not going to be a red wave. He did call Trump winning in 16 and Biden winning in 20 (I think?) so he may have a handle on the pulse of America 

Also, I can't compliment you enough for your insights/contributions the past few weeks. Kudos and you nailed it too, more or less.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

Also, I can't compliment you enough for your insights/contributions the past few weeks. Kudos and you nailed it too, more or less.

Just like a Big 12 ref, I get it right every 3 or 4 election cycles 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

let brisco cain go full blown war machine on women and large corporations in Texas over abortion and the rights of women leaving the state. 

That will 100% happen early next year, thanks to those West Texas billionaires who are funding him and his friends in the Texas Freedom Caucus . They are going to force a bunch of their fellow Republicans to shit or get off the pot when they start trying to prevent women from going to other states for abortions and start trying to prosecute corporations whose healthcare plans help cover abortion in other states.

Which may very well help the Dems in 2024, but holy fuck is it going to be horrible next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Charlie Fuckin’ Crist landed a few punches against DeSantis in their debate. Ron’s political career will end the night he’s allowed to stand on a debate stage against Trump, and I suspect the GOP knows this. Will be fascinating to watch how they maneuver this pivot, should that be the direction they choose.
Do you even Texas GOP bro, being shitty doesn't matter. Paxton says sup.

51 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok, but here’s just a political reality: incumbent senators don’t lose in a midterm when the opposite party holds the presidency (unless that incumbent senator is named Ben Nelson and he runs genuinely the worst campaign in the history of ever).

This is Claire McCaskill erasure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, MeerkatBong said:

Same sentiment. Thanks JS1!

Very much agreed.  JS1 is the surly election guru.

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s funny how the GOP voters don’t understand how elections work and the dynamics in counting the votes are different in certain states. In their book, it’s ok for red voters to crowd the polls on Election Day, but every other form of voting is FRAUD or Illegal and shouldn’t be counted. What a crock.

Trafalgar had Laxalt winning Nevada by 5. What a garbage pollster.

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Smarmy fuck. How many girls has he roofied in his lifetime? Hell, he told the story how we met his current wife -- letting the air out of her tires at a wedding so he could offer her a ride. (And he was already married at the time.)

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Boy howdy - this is so fucking satisfying.

Now, back to binging “The Crown”.

Ben Shapiro understanding and catering to how fucking stupid his listeners are is always funny.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Smarmy fuck. How many girls has he roofied in his lifetime? Hell, he told the story how we met his current wife -- letting the air out of her tires at a wedding so he could offer her a ride. (And he was already married at the time.)

Holy shit is that true?

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Obama got 30% of the rural retard vote in 2008.

Beto got 21.2%

that’s a huge difference. Especially because Beto personally went to all of those counties. Fox News is tough to overcome.

These morons have been mentally poisoned for 30 years and are lost. We need to help their children not be losers like their parents, but they’re not coming back from the snowflake borg.

42 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

The only race I care about it Lake losing Arizona. I cannot believe people in good conscience can vote for her. 

They don’t. They are bad people who knowingly vote against the values they profess to have.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah she will win. What’s left is basically Election Day drop offs and then Thursday to Saturday mail. The Nevada Dems encourages voters to drop off ballots on Tuesday into the drop boxes. She should win these with 55%+ each batch.

I am not worried about CCM in the slightest. Laxalt might gain a few thousand more votes from the rurals, but CCM should net a minimum of 22k from the Clark ballots (in the worst case 55-35 scenario above), which wipes out her overall deficit 15k deficit.  She’s winning them more like 60-35 though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Obama got 30% of the rural retard vote in 2008.

Beto got 21.2%

that’s a huge difference. Especially because Beto personally went to all of those counties. Fox News is tough to overcome.

Yeah but a lot has changed in 14 years. I would be more curious how well Beto did compared to Biden in 2020.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Time to get back to your day job on the volleyball thread and let us know your thoughts on the recruiting class 🤣.  Did see you made your way over there for tonight’s match! 

It’s a great class. Texas continues to recruit a high level as always 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The runoff definitely favors Warnock for several reasons:

More reliable Dem coalition (college educated voters)

No Kemp to boost Walker

Walker is not liked, so why turn out to vote for just him 

No way to flip the Senate now; GOP is deflated and Dems have the momentum 

Abrams turnout machine (for others, not herself)

• Hook 'Em 2