2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

People on the ground think the Pitkin percentage is in error and that there are closer to only a hundred votes left there. 

yeah, i had just updated my post again to reflect the revised 93% from 80%.  didn't think the 80 could be right.  if it was, this thing was probably over in favor of frisch.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

just as a weird observation, delores county and san miguel county colorado are kind of fascinating.  they are right next to each other, both sparsely populated.

857211941_Screenshot2022-11-10at16-05-47ColoradoThirdCongressionalDistrictElectionResults.png.8ef96b7f45fc09037c925be41578b6f5.png

delores, with its population of 2,300 people almost all from dove creek, cahone, and rico went 80% for boebert.  right next door, san miguel, with its population of 8,020 almost all in telluride and placerville, went 80% for frisch. there isn't a god damn thing in either county (except a little skiing in telluride obviously) but that county line makes one hell of a difference.  curious if @MoJames could explain why these cousins hate each other...or is it just ski slope money?

Delores county is in the farming/ranching MAGA bubble. In Telluride, even the locals are mostly trust funders

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

SIAP

This is the glorious problem with would be authoritarian regimes.  The system rewards yes men and sycophants more so than competent experts who provide sober analysis.  That bill eventually always comes due.  See Putin's generals; Russia v Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

GOP need all 3 of the “even” races to hold the majority, plus the other 6. That would be 218-217 I believe 

Alaska won’t be called until the Tuesday before thanksgiving. Wouldn’t that be crazy if the Alaska race decided the majority? If dems win booberts seat, all the dem leans, and safe seats that is seat would presumably be the deciding one.

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Alaska won’t be called until the Tuesday before thanksgiving. Wouldn’t that be crazy if the Alaska race decided the majority? If dems win booberts seat, all the dem leans, and safe seats that is seat would presumably be the deciding one.

It’s going to be Peltola so we’d know already 

Edited by Js1

just as a weird observation, delores county and san miguel county colorado are kind of fascinating.  they are right next to each other, both sparsely populated.
857211941_Screenshot2022-11-10at16-05-47ColoradoThirdCongressionalDistrictElectionResults.png.8ef96b7f45fc09037c925be41578b6f5.png
delores, with its population of 2,300 people almost all from dove creek, cahone, and rico went 80% for boebert.  right next door, san miguel, with its population of 8,020 almost all in telluride and placerville, went 80% for frisch. there isn't a god damn thing in either county (except a little skiing in telluride obviously) but that county line makes one hell of a difference.  curious if [mention=2193]MoJames[/mention] could explain why these cousins hate each other...or is it just ski slope money?

The demographics with regard to education and affluence are very different, due to Telluride.
  • Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, sidis said:

delores, with its population of 2,300 people almost all from dove creek, cahone, and rico went 80% for boebert.  right next door, san miguel, with its population of 8,020 almost all in telluride and placerville, went 80% for frisch. there isn't a god damn thing in either county (except a little skiing in telluride obviously) but that county line makes one hell of a difference.  curious if @MoJames could explain why these cousins hate each other...or is it just ski slope money?

Dove Creek

Dove Creek, Colorado - Wikipedia

Telluride

Best Hotels and Lodging in Telluride, Colo.

It's really that simple. Dolores, Dove Creek are shitholes. Only reason to go that way often is to get to Telluride or fish the Dolores River. Dolores and Dove Creek are very much akin to Montezuma county. White, Farmers, Poor.

San Miguel is beautiful. Just an amazing topography and activities.

This isn't uncommon in Colorado as often a mountain pass will have two very different towns on each side.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Pueblo drop was not good. Boobert will likely win 

So Boebert wins a close one.  Just curious but any idea how many close wins the R’s got versus the D’s in both the Senate and Congressional races?  I wonder if it breaks 50/50 in close races or if one side got lucky (like fumble luck in football where there are 5 fumbles and one team recovers all 5). 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

Same reason Pitkin went 80/20 for Frisch.  The folks with money aren't voting for Tits McGhee.  And there's lots of money in Aspen and Telluride.

27 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Boebert wins a close one.  Just curious but any idea how many close wins the R’s got versus the D’s in both the Senate and Congressional races?  I wonder if it breaks 50/50 in close races or if one side got lucky (like fumble luck in football where there are 5 fumbles and one team recovers all 5). 

They did that in 2020 to us. 

politics is getting so ugly, makes me want to stop watching.   On another note, why is CNN acting as if the House is still in play? Sadly, the scum Kevin McCarthy will be the Speaker and several Dems will be kicked off committees and cavewoman MTG will be reinstated.  It's going to be very very ugly, maybe even a Biden impeachment in retaliation for Trump.  The right is simply the far far right now.  The nation has lost whatever rationality it claimed. 

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Dove Creek

Dove Creek, Colorado - Wikipedia

Telluride

Best Hotels and Lodging in Telluride, Colo.

It's really that simple. Dolores, Dove Creek are shitholes. Only reason to go that way often is to get to Telluride or fish the Dolores River. Dolores and Dove Creek are very much akin to Montezuma county. White, Farmers, Poor.

San Miguel is beautiful. Just an amazing topography and activities.

This isn't uncommon in Colorado as often a mountain pass will have two very different towns on each side.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

The demographics with regard to education and affluence are very different, due to Telluride.

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Same reason Pitkin went 80/20 for Frisch.  The folks with money aren't voting for Tits McGhee.  And there's lots of money in Aspen and Telluride.

All that makes sense as I stated in my question…figured it was telluride. I guess I just figured all the real money in telluride did not principally reside in telluride and vote there. Looks like it is a lot more than I figured. 

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

All that makes sense as I stated in my question…figured it was telluride. I guess I just figured all the real money in telluride did not principally reside in telluride and vote there. Looks like it is a lot more than I figured. 

Yeah, there are a ton of second (and third, and fourth...) homeowners in those places, anyone who can afford to live there full time has money.  They are both very expensive.

33 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

politics is getting so ugly, makes me want to stop watching.   On another note, why is CNN acting as if the House is still in play? Sadly, the scum Kevin McCarthy will be the Speaker and several Dems will be kicked off committees and cavewoman MTG will be reinstated.  It's going to be very very ugly, maybe even a Biden impeachment in retaliation for Trump.  The right is simply the far far right now.  The nation has lost whatever rationality it claimed. 

Impeaching Biden will probably boost his approval rating because it will be over something completely silly and trivial. It won’t be anything as serious as lying about getting a blowjob and Clinton’s approval rating went up after that waste of time. Let them try to impeach him over Hunter’s laptop or for pulling out of Afghanistan later than Trump would have. They’ll just wind up looking foolish.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Impeaching Biden will probably boost his approval rating because it will be over something completely silly and trivial. It won’t be anything as serious as lying about getting a blowjob and Clinton’s approval rating went up after that waste of time. Let them try to impeach him over Hunter’s laptop or for pulling out of Afghanistan later than Trump would have. They’ll just wind up looking foolish.

That's kind of my read, too.  If whoever has the majority only has a majority of 1 or 2, then I think I'd rather have the GQP in the majority.  Either way, we're not really getting shit done.  But at least that puts the House Republicans in the position of either (1) doing stupid shit that pisses off the majority of the country, or (2) pissing off their base with their inability/refusal to do stupid shit that pisses off the majority of the country.  Either way, it's a win for Democrats.

The only thing that tempers that feeling is the debt ceiling.  But we can fix that in the lame duck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2