2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bluto said:

They got the election officials out of the bldg ahead of the announcement. 

And.....that is where we are in this country.  We have to anticipate and plan for acts of terrorism by the terrorist organization that is the GQP.  Seriously, plug in "in the name of islam" after all of their rants, and we would have hit them with a Hellfire missile drone strike years ago.  Their overlap with the conduct of a terrorist organization is almost 100%, and in the US, they've actually racked up a significantly higher body count than islamofascist terrorists have since 9/11.  Read that again: Since 9/11, the terrorist organization responsible for the murder of more Americans on our soil, and attacks on the American Capitol, is the GQP.  Not Al Qaeda.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Raises hand. I think there is one case of each in my house right now. I know Covid is one for sure. The kid has a bug that's put him on his butt, but it's not Covid.

Flu here.  Child 12 was diagnosed earlier today; doc tested him for RSV, Covid and flu because doc wasn't sure what it was.

Had a flu shot 2 months ago.  Alas.  

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Flu here.  Child 12 was diagnosed earlier today; doc tested him for RSV, Covid and flu because doc wasn't sure what it was.

Had a flu shot 2 months ago.  Alas.  

Yeah the shot is amazing. I used to get the flu every damn year until I started getting it and now I seem to be invincible every year. But the flu is such a sneaky jerk it can still get you. Though supposedly if you get the shot every year you get immune to more and more strains of flu. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

Looks like 17-13 in the state house and Senate. Republicans gained a couple seats in both. Given the complete lunatics in the leg, that isn't ideal

UPDATE: I am wrong as fuck. House is 31-29 for Republicans and 16-14 in the Senate.

Finally done watching election results. Just wanted to make sure Lake lost. 

Anyone that answers the question of "will you accept the results of the election?" with "I will accept the results showing that I won" is instantly disqualified in my eyes. 

Thank god the people pushing this shit lost en masse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

They are saving up billions to blow on a Kentucky Senator race.

That’s DSCC. DCCC was in a bad spot. Fundamentally, we should have been shellacked as a 20-30 seat loss. We had a lot of ground to defend and was hard to play offense too

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

John McCain killed Lake

image.gif.712e5a6cf60d11d9d6ec899fce1d3e62.gif

I was a huge fan of his in 2000 back when I was a young Xer Republican.

George W Bush's racist bullshit that sank him broke me a bit. 

I remember thinking "are the Democrats right? Are we a bunch of racists?"

giphy.gif

RIP Johnny Hero. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Haven't paid attention today but where are we at with the House.  We still have another few weeks until we know the final numbers?  Last I heard it sounded like the Republicans will be winning it definitely but not sure if they will be at 218-222 majority.  That sound right?

Sounds about right. Just hoping now for that majority to be as small as possible.

Sucks to lose but that seems to be where we are.

But mathematically we are not out of it yet I guess so things might change as more California votes come in. Just like the Oakland Athletics were not mathematically eliminated in April but...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Haven't paid attention today but where are we at with the House.  We still have another few weeks until we know the final numbers?  Last I heard it sounded like the Republicans will be winning it definitely but not sure if they will be at 218-222 majority.  That sound right?

Still likely 220-215 or 219-216