2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure Jan 

The wait has begun on Metro Atlanta. Three counties, Fulton, Cobb and DeKalb, are the backbone of Warnock’s support and the population centers of the entire state. Cobb and Fulton have reported just over half their votes. DeKalb, a Democratic stronghold, has reported only 5 percent.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Inevitable. Warnock overperforming just about every county by 1-3 points that isn’t just a stop light and a Dairy Queen. 

Yeah I called it Warnock +3 an hour ago, but I am also a schmuck. Dave usually holds on to the end

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m sure I’m missing a few, but of the high profile, “holy shit what are they doing here” candidates:

Won: Vance
Lost: Oz, Walker, Mastriano, Lake, Masters, Bolduc, Palin

I was about ready to write-off this country a little over a month ago. It’s been nice to regain a little faith in the people.

Sucks that Ohio has really moved into lost cause territory. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m sure I’m missing a few, but of the high profile, “holy shit what are they doing here” candidates:

Won: Vance
Lost: Oz, Walker, Mastriano, Lake, Masters, Bolduc, Palin

I was about ready to write-off this country a little over a month ago. It’s been nice to regain a little faith in the people.

I was kind of feeling similar, but many of those races were quite close.  If the GOP can radicalize another 10% of their voter base and some independents, they can win those types of races.  I'm not sure the GOP wants to do that after the mid term results. They seem to want to move away from Trump and election denialism, but, the GOP isn't that far off from reaching some of those goals.  Some of those races were razor thin. 

Just now, RabidM said:

I was kind of feeling similar, but many of those races were quite close.  If the GOP can radicalize another 10% of their voter base and some independents, they can win those types of races.  I'm not sure the GOP wants to do that after the mid term results. They seem to want to move away from Trump and election denialism, but, the GOP isn't that far off from reaching some of those goals.  Some of those races were razor thin. 

Dems defended every Senate incumbent and picked up an open seat in Biden’s first midterm with his approvals in the low-40s and inflation at a decades-long high 

They’re not going to get such a perfect environment again. And they blew it. 

• Like 3