2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah, but they can solve their problem by cheating in 2024.  And they will.  They've been setting up the infrastructure to do it for years and who will hold them accountable?  The Supreme Court?  Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

I want to feel good about the results of this midterm, but I can't help feeling like it's the dead cat bounce and we've got a lot lower yet to go.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America to the GOP: We don’t like you, your message, or your candidates despite bad inflation, a Saigon 1975 like collapse, and an unpopular President. Were it not for the Supreme Court and the NY Democrats incompetence, the GOP wouldn’t even have the house.  

GOP: We’ll fix this by making everyone look at Hunter Biden’s Giant Dong!!!!

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

new york is not a problem.  florida, iowa, and ohio are too far gone.

concentrate on az, wi, pa, mi, ga, nv.  win 3-4 of those and it's all over but the crying.

now time to focus on the redistricting shit carnival and how to unfuck it.

Don't forget North Carolina. Virginia, Georgia, and North Carolina are the three southern states we must have.

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Because Biden stood up to radical Rs

He was willing to do progressive things and the voters came out for him. Do more of that and the Democrats can continue to do well. There is little reason to do triangulation anymore, the right wing is too alienated from the Democrats on culture war issues to be won over.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I keep hoping covid or old age makes a dent in their base, but they keep coming back like a bunch of white walkers from game of thrones.

I've mentioned this on several threads over the last few years.  Young, rural folks mostly vote like their parents.  It's the rural vote that keeps Rs alive and that's not going to change very much, I fear.  

And what's surprising is that it seems like women are the trumpiest of the utes.  I'm constantly amazed at the number of young, rural women who vote against their own self interests. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.6a2661dc68084656a6f0a6403a65781b.png

Georgia, with Atlanta’s growth, will soon look like Illinois where Atlanta metro dominates the state like Chicago does and basically decides the outcome. Atlanta metro + Columbus, Macon, Savannah and Augusta can dominate the rurals with continued growth.  North Georgia is seemingly the only place the Georgia GOP is doing better in recent years, but it’s getting washed out by the metro and southern suburbs of Atlanta 

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Two decades ago, I took on a pro bono divorce case. This exact sort of move was alleged in that case. That’s some hardcore hatred.

"He did what?!?  Well let me tell you this Crystal Marie, I would never put hot sauce on your hard-as-steel, mind blowing, earth shattering orgasm maker.  I'll take your case pro bono.  You know, by coincidence, my penis is named "Pro Bono."

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:
Might be the same guy that stopped being a Rage Against the Machine fan over a political tweet by Tom Morello.  

Band name out front shoulda told ya.

Fuck you, I won't do what ya tell me joke in 3...  2...  1...

Edited by TexArcher

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Georgia, with Atlanta’s growth, will soon look like Illinois where Atlanta metro dominates the state like Chicago does and basically decides the outcome. Atlanta metro + Columbus, Macon, Savannah and Augusta can dominate the rurals with continued growth.  North Georgia is seemingly the only place the Georgia GOP is doing better in recent years, but it’s getting washed out by the metro and southern suburbs of Atlanta 

Soon?  It's been like that for decades.  Atlanta is a giant metropolis surrounded by da rural souf.  The only difference now is that black people are voting in higher numbers.  Previously, they might have felt like their vote wouldn't make a difference one way or the other but they see it differently now.

But the IL comparison is good.  Within the next decade, I would expected the GA state government to be most Democratic with the North GA hillbillies being the only hold outs.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Soon?  It's been like that for decades.  Atlanta is a giant metropolis surrounded by da rural souf.  The only difference now is that black people are voting in higher numbers.  Previously, they might have felt like their vote wouldn't make a difference one way or the other but they see it differently now.

But the IL comparison is good.  Within the next decade, I would expected the GA state government to be most Democratic with the North GA hillbillies being the only hold outs.

Well the bluing of the suburbs had to happen in the past 6 years too. And they’ve exploded in the Atlanta metro. Forsyth is zooming left on the backs of Indian Americans who are college educated, like Fort Bend. 

The GOP state house gerrymander should be destroyed by the end of the decade at this rate. 2026 will be a big opportunity for GA Dems to finally grab the governor seat and re-elect Ossoff 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Does anyone except rural conservatives use the word "woke" anymore?

Republicans use “woke” because they can’t say the n-word in public anymore. It used to be “urban” or “inner city” in the 90s. In the 60s and 70s, they actually used “negro”. They all mean the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I've mentioned this on several threads over the last few years.  Young, rural folks mostly vote like their parents.  It's the rural vote that keeps Rs alive and that's not going to change very much, I fear.  

And what's surprising is that it seems like women are the trumpiest of the utes.  I'm constantly amazed at the number of young, rural women who vote against their own self interests. 

And almost all of them love the Beth Dutton character.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Does anyone except rural  all conservatives use the word "woke" anymore?

Fixd.  Because that's the only time I read/hear it now.  The usage of the word jumped the shark, but the late to the party folk keep using it because it's so "edgy" and they feel cool using it.

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Republicans use “woke” because they can’t say the n-word in public anymore. It used to be “urban” or “inner city” in the 90s. In the 60s and 70s, they actually used “negro”. They all mean the same thing. 

It's the new "antifa".... it just means "anything I don't like."

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's the new "antifa".... it just means "anything I don't like."

Oh yeah, well it's not like the Democrats don't have catchy little nicknames for groups of people they don't like.  GQP, ring a bell?  What about 'MAGAs', huh?  (checks hats of several people he cares about)...'Dammit!  I have the worst fucking network...' 

Edited by YGIFS

excellent result with Warnock defeating the football moron.  My deepest hope is Clarence Thomas pops off and we finally get a good decent person for that seat, someone who is not a sex offender and someone without a lying manipulative trash spouse. 

Losing the House is a big deal and very disappointing. They will go after Hunter and Joe with full force, all types of useless witch hunts, destroy all committee powers of the progressives, especially Ilhan Omar, the anti Christ.  It's going to get very ugly in the lower chamber. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

He was willing to do progressive things and the voters came out for him. Do more of that and the Democrats can continue to do well. There is little reason to do triangulation anymore, the right wing is too alienated from the Democrats on culture war issues to be won over.

I’d like to see evidence of that. The argument could be made that the Dems are winning races only because of mistakes the GOP is making: bad candidates, Trump endorsements, Supreme Court row vs wade, etc. I also don’t know how far a progressive agenda can go without getting voter pushback from the independents. 

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

excellent result with Warnock defeating the football moron.  My deepest hope is Clarence Thomas pops off and we finally get a good decent person for that seat, someone who is not a sex offender and someone without a lying manipulative trash spouse. 

Losing the House is a big deal and very disappointing. They will go after Hunter and Joe with full force, all types of useless witch hunts, destroy all committee powers of the progressives, especially Ilhan Omar, the anti Christ.  It's going to get very ugly in the lower chamber. 

Yeah, there is a real narrow window here for SCOTUS.  It’ll be hard to get anyone in in 2 years, even assuming a D president.  

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I’d like to see evidence of that. The argument could be made that the Dems are winning races only because of mistakes the GOP is making: bad candidates, Trump endorsements, Supreme Court row vs wade, etc. I also don’t know how far a progressive agenda can go without getting voter pushback from the independents. 

I have trouble reasoning this through.  They do make mistakes, but at what point do you say that those mistakes are inherent — That’s just what the GOP party is now?

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

The hunter biden fauci witch hunts will backfire spectactularly. Normal americans are still the vast majority of voters and they don't reward that kind of behavior.

They also unlikely to have the votes for impeachment based on Hunter Biden stuff. Too many GOP in Biden districts looking to lay low and try not to make big waves before 2024 re-election. NY/CA GOP in Biden seats especially