2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

16 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Made a playlist so we don't have to listen to newscasters talk while we watch the polls come in. Here are the tracks if anyone's interested. Enjoy it, or do not. I'm not a beggar.

Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty

Hurt - Johnny Cash

This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie

The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye

A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke

You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones

Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Vote 'Em Out - Willie Nelson

Rose Garden - Loretta Lynn

Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox

Under Pressure - Queen, David Bowie

Starting Over - Chris Stapleton

If I Had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies

Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

One Fine Day - David Byrne, Brian Eno

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Fuck You - CeeLo Green

Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Do You Hear The People Sing? - Les Miserables

Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips

O-o-h Child - The Five Stairsteps

Everyday People - Sly & The Family Stone

Bring It On Home to Me - Sam Cooke

Love the One You're With - Crosby, Stills & Nash

This Land Is Your Land - My Morning Jacket

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

The Heart Of The Matter - Don Henley

Dirty Work - Steely Dan

Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley

Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

Money - Pink Floyd

Georgia on My Mind  - Ray Charles

The Weight - The Band

Revolution - The Beatles

Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John, Kiki Dee

I'm Still Standing - Elton John

The Bitch Is Back - Elton John

Mr. November - The National

American Idiot - Green Day

My Shot - Hamilton

History Has Its Eyes on You - Hamilton

My Country Tis Of Thee - Crosby & Nash

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

Out Of The Woods - Taylor Swift

With Or Without You - U2

Harper Valley P.T.A. - Jeannie C. Riley

Free Fallin' - Tom Petty

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Take A Chance On Me - ABBA

You're so Vain - Carly Simon

The Tide Is High - Blondie

Faith - George Michael

In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

This Little Light Of Mine - Sam Cooke

Hells Bells - AC/DC

Let the River Run - Carly Simon

American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Bitch Better Have My Money - Rihanna

Streets of Bakersfield - Dwight Yoakam

Hold On - Tom Waits

The Living Years - Mike & The Mechanics

Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter

Human - Rag'n'Bone Man

Anthem - Father John Misty

I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)  - Kate Bush

When It's Cold I'd Like to Die - Moby, Mimi Goese

Catch the Wind - Donovan

One Too Many Mornings - Bob Dylan

If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Some Nights - fun.

Hold On - Alabama Shakes

I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats

American Pie - Don McLean

Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen

Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen

Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham

Holiday / Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

Fake Empire - The National

...And Justice for All - Metallica

You forgot on for the closer-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only actual results we have are from Dixville Notch in NH that does midnight voting and it's like 5 people

• Sununu (R) wins 4-1
    • Hassan (D) wins 5-0
    • Kuster (D) wins 4-1
    • Biden won 5-0 (won by 7.4)
    • Kuster won 4-1 (won by 10.2)
    • Shaheen (D) won 4-1 (won by 15.7)
    • Clinton only won 4-2-1-1 (won NH by 0.3%)
    • Sununu won 6-2 (won by 2.3)
    • Hassan (D) and Ayotte (R) tied 4-4 (Hassan won by 0.1)
    • Kuster and Lawrence (R) tied 4-4 (Kuster won by 5)

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The only actual results we have are from Dixville Notch in NH that does midnight voting and it's like 5 people

• Sununu (R) wins 4-1
    • Hassan (D) wins 5-0
    • Kuster (D) wins 4-1
    • Biden won 5-0 (won by 7.4)
    • Kuster won 4-1 (won by 10.2)
    • Shaheen (D) won 4-1 (won by 15.7)
    • Clinton only won 4-2-1-1 (won NH by 0.3%)
    • Sununu won 6-2 (won by 2.3)
    • Hassan (D) and Ayotte (R) tied 4-4 (Hassan won by 0.1)
    • Kuster and Lawrence (R) tied 4-4 (Kuster won by 5)

Mike McLintock : It's good we won Dixville Notch.

Dan Egan : It's got a population of 12, Mike.

Mike McLintock : I know, Dan, but it's famous.

Gary Walsh : Our Lord Jesus started with 12.

Ben Cafferty : Well, he didn't win New Hampshire either

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I've been a fan of NBC for a long time. Solid analysis and not too much of a bend one way or the other. 

Steve Kornacki has been a must-watch for years. his math nerdiness is spot on, down to specific neighborhoods in certain precincts. 

I'd like to know more about why this election clerk quit -- seemingly at the very last second.

Voters in one mostly Hispanic polling site in Houston are unable to cast ballots for 4 hours.

HOUSTON — Voters at a large polling place in a predominantly Hispanic area of Houston were unable to cast ballots for roughly four hours on Tuesday, raising concerns that many who had arrived before work to vote would not return.

The problems at the site, east of downtown, began before the polls opened: an election clerk quit and the voting machines were not set up, county election officials said. The county was considering extending hours at the polling site and at a handful of others that opened late, said Leah Shah, a spokeswoman for the Harris County Elections Administrator’s Office

David Aguilar, 70, a retired musician, said he had arrived at the polling place before 6 a.m., anticipating long lines. But the doors did not open as planned at 7 a.m.

“They had the doors locked,” he said, describing a scene of confusion and mounting anger among voters who were turned away. “They were mad,” he said. “A lot were Latinas worried about disenfranchisement.”

Adrian Garcia, a Democratic county commissioner, who is running for re-election, was outside the polling place as voting resumed. “To have it be disrupted could discourage some people from voting,” Mr. Garcia said.

Mr. Aguilar, who said he eventually voted for Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic challenger to Gov. Greg Abbott, ended up waiting until 11 a.m. to cast his ballot and said he was among the first to do so. “I’m concerned about democracy,” he said.

Before the problems were resolved, voters were sent to surrounding polling places as lines grew. Across Houston, voters experienced long waits on Tuesday morning, in some cases more than 90 minutes.

23 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Made a playlist so we don't have to listen to newscasters talk while we watch the polls come in. Here are the tracks if anyone's interested. Enjoy it, or do not. I'm not a beggar.

Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty

Hurt - Johnny Cash

This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie

The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye

A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke

You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones

Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Vote 'Em Out - Willie Nelson

Rose Garden - Loretta Lynn

Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox

Under Pressure - Queen, David Bowie

Starting Over - Chris Stapleton

If I Had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies

Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

One Fine Day - David Byrne, Brian Eno

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Fuck You - CeeLo Green

Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Do You Hear The People Sing? - Les Miserables

Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips

O-o-h Child - The Five Stairsteps

Everyday People - Sly & The Family Stone

Bring It On Home to Me - Sam Cooke

Love the One You're With - Crosby, Stills & Nash

This Land Is Your Land - My Morning Jacket

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

The Heart Of The Matter - Don Henley

Dirty Work - Steely Dan

Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley

Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

Money - Pink Floyd

Georgia on My Mind  - Ray Charles

The Weight - The Band

Revolution - The Beatles

Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John, Kiki Dee

I'm Still Standing - Elton John

The Bitch Is Back - Elton John

Mr. November - The National

American Idiot - Green Day

My Shot - Hamilton

History Has Its Eyes on You - Hamilton

My Country Tis Of Thee - Crosby & Nash

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

Out Of The Woods - Taylor Swift

With Or Without You - U2

Harper Valley P.T.A. - Jeannie C. Riley

Free Fallin' - Tom Petty

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Take A Chance On Me - ABBA

You're so Vain - Carly Simon

The Tide Is High - Blondie

Faith - George Michael

In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

This Little Light Of Mine - Sam Cooke

Hells Bells - AC/DC

Let the River Run - Carly Simon

American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Bitch Better Have My Money - Rihanna

Streets of Bakersfield - Dwight Yoakam

Hold On - Tom Waits

The Living Years - Mike & The Mechanics

Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter

Human - Rag'n'Bone Man

Anthem - Father John Misty

I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)  - Kate Bush

When It's Cold I'd Like to Die - Moby, Mimi Goese

Catch the Wind - Donovan

One Too Many Mornings - Bob Dylan

If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Some Nights - fun.

Hold On - Alabama Shakes

I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats

American Pie - Don McLean

Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen

Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen

Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham

Holiday / Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

Fake Empire - The National

...And Justice for All - Metallica

what's your spotify

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I'd like to know more about why this election clerk quit -- seemingly at the very last second.

Voters in one mostly Hispanic polling site in Houston are unable to cast ballots for 4 hours.

HOUSTON — Voters at a large polling place in a predominantly Hispanic area of Houston were unable to cast ballots for roughly four hours on Tuesday, raising concerns that many who had arrived before work to vote would not return.

The problems at the site, east of downtown, began before the polls opened: an election clerk quit and the voting machines were not set up, county election officials said. The county was considering extending hours at the polling site and at a handful of others that opened late, said Leah Shah, a spokeswoman for the Harris County Elections Administrator’s Office

David Aguilar, 70, a retired musician, said he had arrived at the polling place before 6 a.m., anticipating long lines. But the doors did not open as planned at 7 a.m.

“They had the doors locked,” he said, describing a scene of confusion and mounting anger among voters who were turned away. “They were mad,” he said. “A lot were Latinas worried about disenfranchisement.”

Adrian Garcia, a Democratic county commissioner, who is running for re-election, was outside the polling place as voting resumed. “To have it be disrupted could discourage some people from voting,” Mr. Garcia said.

Mr. Aguilar, who said he eventually voted for Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic challenger to Gov. Greg Abbott, ended up waiting until 11 a.m. to cast his ballot and said he was among the first to do so. “I’m concerned about democracy,” he said.

Before the problems were resolved, voters were sent to surrounding polling places as lines grew. Across Houston, voters experienced long waits on Tuesday morning, in some cases more than 90 minutes.

haha, i bet that's my polling station. that's why you early vote 

8 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I suppose you give yourself some wiggle room to come back later if you plan to vote early, but my wife voted early in-person yesterday and waited for hours.  I went to the same place at lunchtime today and had zero wait.  You never know.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same day registration should be everywhere, possibly by federal law.  This isn’t 1900- we have the technology. 

54 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

or, we could just automatically register every citizen when they turn 18 and give them an id card. but that's too radical for widdle old amerikkka

We have Americans that do not believe that all other Americans should have the right to vote. In the abstract, they believe all should have the right to vote but in practice, it's the opposite. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We have Americans that do not believe that all other Americans should have the right to vote. In the abstract, they believe all should have the right to vote but in practice, it's the opposite.  be American

fify.

But yeah.  One side is NEVER EVER EVER going to allow such a thing - automatic registration or same day registration isn't part of their fascist white nationalist "democracy." 

Just now, chainsaw said:

I'm sorry but for 20+ years I've been seeing variations on the same tweet/picture of "omg long line to vote at such and such college campus" and without fail the percentage of young voters is abysmal. The overwhelming majority of young people are not on college campuses. They are hunched over their devices at home while The Bachelor is on.

This, The young people will go to like and take a photo, post it on instagram and leave and pretend to vote.

the young ppl won’t save shit, all of them supported Bernie and none of them voted for them when it mattered. Banana In a tailpipe…

• Hook 'Em 1

I took my wife to early vote on Friday, glad we did. We are in NW Harris County, and the school we went to first was overloaded with people, hour+ wait at noon. You couldn't find a parking spot, so people were parking in the grass. There was another place 20 minutes away at a nature preserve, so we went there and it was only a 10 minute wait. Gorgeous place too, lots of lakes, playgrounds, open fields, etc, it's a big flood plane for whenever we have another Harvey event. Will definitely go back with the kids sometime, it was great. 

I still can't believe they use paper ballots printed from an electronic machine. What a dumb system. Why can't we just log in online and do this shit? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

I took my wife to early vote on Friday, glad we did. We are in NW Harris County, and the school we went to first was overloaded with people, hour+ wait at noon. You couldn't find a parking spot, so people were parking in the grass. There was another place 20 minutes away at a nature preserve, so we went there and it was only a 10 minute wait. Gorgeous place too, lots of lakes, playgrounds, open fields, etc, it's a big flood plane for whenever we have another Harvey event. Will definitely go back with the kids sometime, it was great. 

I still can't believe they use paper ballots printed from an electronic machine. What a dumb system. Why can't we just log in online and do this shit? 

are you insane? let me guess you think we should be able to bank from a drive-thru window

• Haha 1

Only because they’re starting to come out apparently - exit polls are not very reliable, especially with 45m voting early.

BUT:

45% approval of Biden and only 46% disapproval of his “policies”

Inflation and abortion top issues with everything else far behind 

5/10 say their vote has nothing to do with Biden; 2/10 way in support of Biden and 3/10 say in opposition 

only posting to get everyone freaking out for a bit longer until actual results come in lol

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

I suppose you give yourself some wiggle room to come back later if you plan to vote early, but my wife voted early in-person yesterday and waited for hours.  I went to the same place at lunchtime today and had zero wait.  You never know.

Man, I hate to break it to you, but early voting polling places were closed yesterday. Where else, and with whom, could she have been "for hours" yesterday?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Only because they’re starting to come out apparently - exit polls are not very reliable, especially with 45m voting early.

BUT:

45% approval of Biden and only 46% disapproval of his “policies”

Inflation and abortion top issues with everything else far behind 

5/10 say their vote has nothing to do with Biden; 2/10 way in support of Biden and 3/10 say in opposition 

only posting to get everyone freaking out for a bit longer until actual results come in lol

I’m more irritated that those fractions aren’t reduced to their lowest common denominator 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Exits also had Trump at 37-60 approval. That seems bad for a red wave, so i kinda don’t believe that to be accurate. But who knows

54-44 on whether the GOP is too extreme 

Abortion top issue in PA

College voters over 50% (white and non white). Also 35-34-31 R/D/I

Edited by Js1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Exits also had Trump at 37-60 approval. That seems bad for a red wave, so i kinda don’t believe that to be accurate. But who knows

54-44 on whether the GOP is too extreme 

Abortion top issue in PA

College voters over 50% (white and non white). Also 35-34-31 R/D/I

Don't do this to yourself, man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So we basically aren't going to know shit about fuck except the local Texas races tonight right?

We’ll know reasonably well what most are at except for a few tonight. It just won’t be official for a few days. The Rs will insist that they’re way up despite every successive dump eroding their leads. I posted here on Friday before the election 2020 that if Trumps lead in PA was less than X he lost. Josh Shapiro was on every new outlet the next day saying that Biden won PA, all that was left to do was finish the count. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Anyone know what happened to that lady who was luring asylum seekers on behalf of the GOP? It's difficult to find poll workers these days, makes you wonder if someone similar in the wings had an idea...

Edited by Mrs Whiggins