Purchasing foreign exchange future for hedging

Chopper

I'm going to need to invest 6 figures in euros in a couple months and I'd like to hedge today's euro price because of my concern that a certain political party will play highly risky political games with the national debt and end up fucking up the value of the USD. So I want to hedge the value of the current USD/EUR price. But I have no idea what company to use to do this.

Alternatively to buying a futures contract, and the preference would be to just pay for a futures contract, I could just buy the euros but I don't know if it's possible to hold a euro denominated account at a US Bank or at what legit bank I could easily enough open an account to do this.

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I can do that for you.  I'll PM you my routing number.  Easy Peasy.

That's exactly what a scammer would say.

I'm the real deal & all I need is your CC #, CVV & full billing address / your name IRL.  It's these added details that prove I'm legit.

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'm going to need to invest 6 figures in euros in a couple months and I'd like to hedge today's euro price because of my concern that a certain political party will play highly risky political games with the national debt and end up fucking up the value of the USD. So I want to hedge the value of the current USD/EUR price. But I have no idea what company to use to do this.

Alternatively to buying a futures contract, and the preference would be to just pay for a futures contract, I could just buy the euros but I don't know if it's possible to hold a euro denominated account at a US Bank or at what legit bank I could easily enough open an account to do this.

IBKR brokerage, HSBC banking, and digital banks (Revolut, Transferwise, etc) all have multi-currency accounts.  You can open all of them online, push in USD, then convert to EUR and hold.

For futures any brokerage that has futures should offer /6E and /M6E (from the CME) which is EUR/USD in 2 notional sizes.  You can also buy options on /6E futures but liquidity is a bit shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

That's exactly what a scammer would say.

I'm the real deal & all I need is your CC #, CVV & full billing address / your name IRL.  It's these added details that prove I'm legit.

Received this email today and all they wanted was $135 so I could claim all the documents needed to prove ownership of $2M. Done!

Assalamu'alaikum!

This is Brenda J. Gonzalez (LTC) of the U.S Army Special Operations Command (USASOC), 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Air Force Base – Afghanistan

Please I need your urgent assistance in securing a consignment (two trunk boxes) containing (20,000,000), the funds are surpluses of several contracts executed by my department during a supply of MH (Military Hardware).

The consignment is presently in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands, via a U.S Military Air & Surface Transportation Company (ADM Europa LLC). My desire and purpose is to have the (ADM Europa LLC) to deliver the funds to you for safe-keeping until I return back to the U.S mid-next year after my deployment.

If you receive this message please e-mail me immediately with a delivery address and your full contact information; the deal is 60/40 split (60% for me and 40% for you); I am not a greedy woman and I hope you will not double cross a struggling uniform single mother with 3 teenage children?

Once you receive the consignment (20,000,000) take out your 40% (8,000,000) and save my 60% (12,000,000) for me until I return back to the U.S mid-next year after my deployment.

May God bless you as you extend your helping hand to the needy!

Please REPLY!

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Brenda J. Gonzalez (Mrs.)

U.S. Army 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Air Force Base – Afghanistan

• Like 1