The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

^

That reads like that obituary that man wrote about his eccentric, but unloving mother a couple years back that made the rounds on the internet to great receipt.  

I can't to read the satirical ones write about Trump one day when he finally strokes out.  

Another reason I'm glad I left that party in 2018.  I like Jo Jorgensen but now they're just leaning into the "insanity brush" they get painted with by the other two parties.  

When we had Johnson/Weld here in Austin in the Autumn of 2016, I thought "No way the gameshow host is gonna win anyway, so let's do this!"  

I mean yeah, we ended up getting high and the guy holding was like "Let me tell you something man!  I'm from the future and if you let the gameshow dude win...a crackhead pillow salesman worth $100mm is gonna travel the countryside proving that this man wins not only once, but twice, and then runs a third time and your cousin is gonna join a cult called Q that says babies are harvested in a pizza place for their blood so the political elites can drink it to stay young and in power.  And oh yeah, he ends up selling classified intel on nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia to pay for his plane engine."  

And then I said, "uncle Leo?"  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Another reason I'm glad I left that party in 2018.  I like Jo Jorgensen but now they're just leaning into the "insanity brush" they get painted with by the other two parties.  

When we had Johnson/Weld here in Austin in the Autumn of 2016, I thought "No way the gameshow host is gonna win anyway, so let's do this!"  

Oh yeah, I was a 2016 Gary Johnson voter. But I made up for it by voting 8-9 times for Joe Biden in 2020.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Just because she was a better choice than the worst option a major party ever offered to the American public doesn't make Hillary a good option. She's the most unpopular national Democrat in a generation for good reasons.   Not wanting to elect the spouse of a living former president is legitimate. She's a terrible candidate, she learned nothing from 2008 and ran the least effective presidential campaign messaging in living memory. The Clinton machine severely damaged Democratic campaign doctrine in rural parts of the country, destroyed the Democratic bench, and abdicated crucial parts of the Democratic voting coalition to the GOP.  2016 should have been Warren or at the very least should have been contested.

I can't believe we are even talking about this, the Clintons need to go enjoy retirement. They've done enough.  

We elected a second Bush and, until Trump came along, he was the worst President ever. And then a third Bush fucking ran. Fuck the Bush family. Lay off the Clintons, they’re far better than the Bushes. You can’t sit back and watch the disastrous presidency of George W. Bush (who foreshadowed Trump in a thousand ways) and then credibly say Hillary shouldn’t have run. Especially when so many admit that she’s qualified, capable, and would’ve been better than Trump.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lay off the Clintons, they’re far better than the Bushes.

So what? That doesn't mean we have to like it. We don't own anything to these people. We do owe the country the best choice we have. In the 2016 presidential election that was Hillary Clinton, but it was still a historically lousy set of options. 
Clearing the field and then nominating Hillary Clinton in 2016 was a huge mistake. The Clintons helped create the conditions that led to this moment, and Democrats whose partisan identity prevents them from understanding why that is are part of the problem.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

An audit of the elections by states of their Senators or of the actual NRSC leadership vote?  Or of just the internal workings/finances of the NRSC?  I don't have the twitter.  

Wait, are they trying to pull some shit and say some of the money that flowed into certain Senate races was put there by people with sinister intentions?  Because (pretendcrackheadfromOfficeSpaceVoice)..."I do not know anything about no money laundering."  

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

An audit of the elections by states of their Senators or of the actual NRSC leadership vote?  Or of just the internal workings/finances of the NRSC?  I don't have the twitter.  

Wait, are they trying to pull some shit and say some of the money that flowed into certain Senate races was put there by people with sinister intentions?  Because (pretendcrackheadfromOfficeSpaceVoice)..."I do not know anything about no money laundering."  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I mean yeah, we ended up getting high and the guy holding was like "Let me tell you something man!  I'm from the future and if you let the gameshow dude win...a crackhead pillow salesman worth $100mm is gonna travel the countryside proving that this man wins not only once, but twice, and then runs a third time and your cousin is gonna join a cult called Q that says babies are harvested in a pizza place for their blood so the political elites can drink it to stay young and in power.  And oh yeah, he ends up selling classified intel on nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia to pay for his plane engine."  

And then I said, "uncle Leo?"  

A lot of young, mostly intelligent men go through a bit of a dry spell and turn towards libertarianism as a solution. Getting laid is the real answer. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I am pretty sure a lot of NSRC money went to Rick Scott and promoting his fucking fascist however many point plan as opposed to actual 2022 races.  

Who chooses head of NSRC because I was stunned he got it in his first term and presume it’s because he’s already wealthy and knows wealthy people.  I also presume Mitch will yank him from that position post haste.  

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We elected a second Bush and, until Trump came along, he was the worst President ever. And then a third Bush fucking ran. Fuck the Bush family. Lay off the Clintons, they’re far better than the Bushes. You can’t sit back and watch the disastrous presidency of George W. Bush (who foreshadowed Trump in a thousand ways) and then credibly say Hillary shouldn’t have run. Especially when so many admit that she’s qualified, capable, and would’ve been better than Trump.

From Politifact:

“Hillary Clinton’s favorability score is hot up to 65 percent in 2009 when she became secretary of state and stayed high for most of her tenure.”

It was only after the Republicans went on a sustained Benghazi campaign to take her out, did her numbers take a dive.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am pretty sure a lot of NSRC money went to Rick Scott and promoting his fucking fascist however many point plan as opposed to actual 2022 races.  

Who chooses head of NSRC because I was stunned he got it in his first term and presume it’s because he’s already wealthy and knows wealthy people.  I also presume Mitch will yank him from that position post haste.  

I think the caucus votes on it.  Steve Daines (Montana) is the new NRSC chair for 2024.  Very few times does someone do the job twice in a row.  It doesn't always go to someone in their first term, but always someone one or two cycles from their last election. 

Cornyn was the last Republican to head it two cycles in a row (2010 and 2010 cycles).  Schumer was the last Dem to hold it for two cycles (2006/2008). 

The audit should be because someone known for committing the largest Medicare fraud in US history was in charge of the NRSC and it looks like they will pick up 0 seats in a favorable environment for Republicans. 

It's pretty shocking that an organization headed by Rick Scott would commit financial shenanigans.  I haven't been this bumfuzzled since Cookie Monster ate all of the cookies he was supposed to be guarding.

Edited by kevwun
  • Haha 8

Fuck these fucking charlatans - they need to be chained to Trump forever ...

Key Evangelical Figures Turn On Trump: 'He Used Us' | HuffPost Latest News

Spoiler

Evangelical figures who previously supported Donald Trump are backing off now that he’s announced his third bid for the presidency.

Donald Trump can’t save America,” Mike Evans told The Washington Post. “He can’t even save himself.”

Evans was part of a group of evangelicals who met with Trump at the White House, and at one point gave him an award.

Now, he says he’s done with Trump.

“He used us to win the White House. We had to close our mouths and eyes when he said things that horrified us,” Evans told the newspaper. “I cannot do that anymore.”

Robert Jeffress, one of Trump’s evangelical advisers during the 2016 campaign and a longtime supporter, said he’s not ready to endorse him again.

“The Republican Party is headed toward a civil war that I have no desire or need to be part of,” Jeffress told Newsweek, adding that he would “happily” support Trump again if he wins the nomination.

Spoiler

That’s not a given, considering Trump’s plunging poll numbers among Republican voters. Jeffress also seemed to subtweet Trump on the day of his 2024 announcement by urging people to buy Mike Pence’s book:

Jeffress added on Twitter that he still considers Trump “a great friend and our greatest president since Reagan.”

Another onetime faith adviser to Trump, James Robison of Life Outreach International, said in a speech this week that Trump’s ego is getting in the way of the agenda.

“If Mr. Trump can’t stop his little petty issues, how does he expect people to stop major issues?” Robison said, according to The Washington Post.

He said he told Trump: “Sir, you act like a little elementary schoolchild and you shoot yourself in the foot every morning you get up and open your mouth! The more you keep your mouth closed, the more successful you’re gonna be!”

Robison did not say if he was planning to support Trump in 2024.

Another evangelical figure who previously endorsed Trump was even more blunt, with Washington Times columnist Everett Piper writing that Trump cost the GOP big in the midterms and could hurt them even more in two years.

“The take-home of this past week is simple: Donald Trump has to go,” Piper wrote. “If he‘s our nominee in 2024, we will get destroyed.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Uh, more like they used him and are now upset it didn't work.  Fuck em all and down with Christofascism.

Yep, he was useful when he won in. 2016, but losing the next three election cycles makes him useless to them, and they are angry that he’s costing them elections both local and statewide.

And I can’t wait for him to start attacking them.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

We're going to investigate the Mueller Investigation! And then we're going to investigate Hunter Biden! And then we're going to investigate Arizona's elections! And then we're going audit Ukraine aid! And then we're going to investigate Mitch McConnell! And once we find nothing, we're going to sell classified material we took from the White House! YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

A majority of the people that voted for them would read what you just wrote and say, "It's about damn time". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

We're going to investigate the Mueller Investigation! And then we're going to investigate Hunter Biden! And then we're going to investigate Arizona's elections! And then we're going audit Ukraine aid! And then we're going to investigate Mitch McConnell! And once we find nothing, we're going to sell classified material we took from the White House! YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

byaaaa-davechapelle.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

Robert Jeffress, one of Trump’s evangelical advisers during the 2016 campaign and a longtime supporter, said he’s not ready to endorse him again.

“The Republican Party is headed toward a civil war that I have no desire or need to be part of,” Jeffress told Newsweek, adding that he would “happily” support Trump again if he wins the nomination.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

https://apnews.com/article/biden-wisconsin-donald-trump-994a5971637ccc708cd6760acb979f51

"MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Republican chair of the Wisconsin Assembly elections committee who was backed by former President Donald Trump, embraced conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and wanted to decertify President Joe Biden’s victory, has been kicked out of the closed GOP caucus because her colleagues don’t trust her, according to a letter sent to the lawmaker."

• Hook 'Em 2