The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Really?  I pull for meteor strikes all. the. time.  Trump rallies, Cowboy churches, Proud Boy rallies, aggy games...

6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Got to.

I'll add country music award shows, NFC championship game, and wherever Ted Cruz is this right now.

giant sink holes don't cause as much collateral damage

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Speaking of country music awards, I just learned that CMA show will be broadcasting from the Moody Center later this winter.  The more you know.......

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/politics/desantis-trump-disloyal-covid-record/index.html

Former President Donald Trump took aim at Ron DeSantis Saturday, claiming the Florida governor and his team are “trying to rewrite history” regarding their Covid-19 pandemic response, and called the potential presidential run by his GOP rival “very disloyal.” 

“There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump told reporters while aboard his plane. “Florida was closed for a long period of time.” “They’re trying to rewrite history,” he added. CNN has reached out to DeSantis for comment.

Trump defended his management of the pandemic, saying he left decisions to governors. 

“I had governors that decided not to close a thing and that was up to them,” he said. The former president also took aim at DeSantis’ shifting posture on vaccines, saying the Florida governor had “changed his tune a lot.”

On Saturday, during his first major campaign swing to New Hampshire and South Carolina, Trump took credit again for helping elevate DeSantis during his 2018 bid for governor, saying “Ron would have not been governor if it wasn’t for me.”

“So when I hear he might run, I consider that very disloyal,” Trump said.

While taking aim at DeSantis, Trump told reporters aboard his plane that Nikki Haley – who served as his ambassador to the United Nations – called him in recent days to inform him that she is considering launching a 2024 presidential bid.

“I talked to her for a little while, I said, ‘Look, you know, go by your heart if you want to run,’” Trump said. “She’s publicly said that ‘I would never run against my president, he was a great president.’” Trump said he told Haley that she “should do it.”

Haley positioning herself for VP, definitely.  Also good to know that Trump knows he’s weak with MAGA on the COVID and vaccine stuff compared to DeSantis.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/politics/desantis-trump-disloyal-covid-record/index.html

Haley positioning herself for VP, definitely.  Also good to know that Trump knows he’s weak with MAGA on the COVID and vaccine stuff compared to DeSantis.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Haley is probably the best VP he could get, from a political angle.  She actually could pull some voters from the middle. I’d rather he go with my pillow guy or MTG. 

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Haley is probably the best VP he could get, from a political angle.  She actually could pull some voters from the middle. I’d rather he go with my pillow guy or MTG. 

Yeah, I don' think Trump is going to pick her.  Even though she was governor of SC, she skipped his little event there (only a few hundred people).  And she took a swipe at old people, which will really piss Trump off, given his sensitivity about the matter:

"And when you're looking at the future of America, I think it's time for new generational change. I don't think you need to be 80 years old to go be a leader in D.C.," Haley said. "I think we need a young generation to come in, step up, and really start fixing things."

Remember how surprised Trump was when Biden picked Harris as his VP? He couldn’t wrap his head around how Joe could pick her after she was critical of him in the debates. Trump’s VP candidate won’t be anyone else who runs against him for the Republican nomination because they will have said negative things about him during their campaign. He’s too petty and shallow to get over that. Maybe he’ll let them flip and kiss the ring like Lyin’ Ted and Little Marco did, but he won’t pick them for a running mate. I think if we ever see Nikki on the debate stage with Trump then she can forget about ever sharing a ticket with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Remember how surprised Trump was when Biden picked Harris as his VP? He couldn’t wrap his head around how Joe could pick her after she was critical of him in the debates. Trump’s VP candidate won’t be anyone else who runs against him for the Republican nomination because they will have said negative things about him during their campaign. He’s too petty and shallow to get over that. Maybe he’ll let them flip and kiss the ring like Lyin’ Ted and Little Marco did, but he won’t pick them for a running mate. I think if we ever see Nikki on the debate stage with Trump then she can forget about ever sharing a ticket with him. 

It's absolutely nuts that they all are just terrified of him.  He has such a stranglehold on the party.  No one will stand up to him because if they do, they will be ostracized by the base.  Ultimate snowflakes.  Don't be mean to our orange god!

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂

It’s a full-on war  I’m not sure the RNC can match them, given their current problems/infighting/incompetence.  And with them backing DeSantis or Haley or whoever is the strongest candidate who is not Trump, they’ll go deep  and no way that Trump’s campaign can match them in organizational skills.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/05/politics/koch-network-republican-primary-2024/index.html

The deep-pocketed network associated with billionaire Charles Koch is preparing to throw its money and weight behind a single Republican candidate in the 2024 presidential primary – in a move that could significantly reshape the GOP field. 

Americans for Prosperity Action, the main political arm of the Koch network, “is prepared to support a candidate in the Republican presidential primary who can lead our country forward, and who can win,” Emily Seidel, the CEO of Americans for Prosperity and a top adviser at AFP Action, wrote in a memo released Sunday.

The memo does not mention Donald Trump, but an official with AFP Action confirmed to CNN that the network is not planning to support the former president’s White House bid.

“To write a new chapter for our county, we need to turn the page on the past,” Seidel wrote to AFP’s staff and activists. “So the best thing for the country would be to have a president in 2025 who represents a new chapter.”

The Koch decision to engage in the GOP primary – after sitting on the sidelines for the two most recent White House nomination fights – is likely to set off a scramble among Republican presidential contenders to win over the Kansas-based industrialist and the hundreds of wealthy donors who help finance his influential, free-market network.

During his White House tenure, Trump, often sparred with Koch officials, who sharply criticized his administration’s trade and hard-line immigration policies. 

AFP Action has not announced a budget for its 2024 political activity, but the network has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in previous election cycles, rivaling the financial reach of the Republican National Committee. Americans for Prosperity has permanent staff in 36 states and touts millions of grassroots activists across the country.

Its political wing also plans to engage earlier and more aggressively in congressional and state-level primaries, both to influence more contests and to find new voters to participate in primaries, AFP Action officials said.

Seidel said the network is stepping up its activity to help address “the broken politics” that she said has created a “toxic situation” in the nation’s capital and blocked policy progress.

“The Republican Party is nominating bad candidates who are advocating for things that go against core American principles,” Seidel wrote. “And the American people are rejecting them.”

Several Republicans weighing 2024 bids have longstanding ties to Koch world, including former Vice President Mike Pence. Marc Short, Pence’s former chief of staff and longtime aide, once oversaw political operations at the Koch network. 

Another potential contender, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, had the financial backing of Koch political committees when he represented Wichita – where Koch Industries is headquartered – as a congressman. Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who is expected to announce her bid for the Republican nomination later this month, has attended at least one Koch donor conclave. And a Koch-backed super PAC supported Ron DeSantis before he won a competitive GOP primary in 2018 on his way to becoming governor.

The libertarian-leaning network has engaged in a public reset of its priorities in recent years and worked to distance itself from the Republican brand during the Trump era.  But the network did back some Trump-led efforts, spending heavily, for instance, to promote his $1.5 trillion tax code overhaul in 2017 – despite clashing with the then-president and the RNC on other political and policy matters. 

In one sign of the network’s reach, Seidel noted that AFP and AFP Action participated in more than 450 races in last year’s midterms, knocked on more than 7 million doors and sent out more than 100 million mail pieces.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s a full-on war  I’m not sure the RNC can match them, given their current problems/infighting/incompetence.  And with them backing DeSantis or Haley or whoever is the strongest candidate who is not Trump, they’ll go deep  and no way that Trump’s campaign can match them in organizational skills.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/05/politics/koch-network-republican-primary-2024/index.html

Has Trump invited Chuck to play golf so he can show him the Russian Kompromat folder on the Koch family? Maybe Vlad is too busy to answer his calls right now. 

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So I expect Trump to win the nomination and have Nikki Haley as VP.  They lose to Biden/Harris but Trump again tries to start a real civil war contesting the election and then we’ll get to watch a DeSantis/Hawley ticket likely beat a Buttigieg/Val Demmings ticket in 2028.  

desantis is a dud and will miss his window 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So I expect Trump to win the nomination and have Nikki Haley as VP.  They lose to Biden/Harris but Trump again tries to start a real civil war contesting the election and then we’ll get to watch a DeSantis/Hawley ticket likely beat a Buttigieg/Val Demmings ticket in 2028.  

AI will have assembled it's army of sharks with lasers on their heads by then.

We are already seeing too much political violence.  

MAGA nation chalks it up to some version of the following (or a combo thereof):

-False flag, ANTIFA and/or BLM did it!

-What about Chicago?!?

-Bad isolated apples.  Wound up by the deep state/FBI! 

-Sensationalized by the media!

-Good people on both sides!

-Just senseless crime in Biden's America.  What the person posted online earlier about their belief system has nothing to do with their crimes, nor the D.A.

-Mental Health! 

-Probably an illegal immigrant! 

But now, my Trumper friends, the fun begins.  What will you say when your side is wound up against itself?  When your side starts shooting its own?  When false reports are floated out there that Antifa/BLM are being sent to Trump rallies by DeSantis to hurt Trump supporters?  When stupidity is truly weaponized?  When I can get armed Trumpers to show up at DeSantis rallies and just make somebody wanna scratch an itch and open fire on behalf of MAGA nation to preserve Trump's status?  What then?  It won't even be hard.  A chatbot can get 10 Trumpers to shoot 50 DeSantis supporters and nobody would know anything about it until it was all over.  And I think we should.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

desantis is a dud and will miss his window 

At this time a Trump/DeSantis ticket is probably the GOP’s most competitive option, sadly.  If a bunch of other jokers don’t jump in the race (Hawley, Cruz, Paul, Christie) we could see something like a Regean/Bush 1980 primary where they team up at the end. It’s doubtful because I expect the other jokers to jump in the primary and spoil DeSantis’s chances. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

At this time a Trump/DeSantis ticket is probably the GOP’s most competitive option, sadly.  If a bunch of other jokers don’t jump in the race (Hawley, Cruz, Paul, Christie) we could see something like a Regean/Bush 1980 primary where they team up at the end. It’s doubtful because I expect the other jokers to jump in the primary and spoil DeSantis’s chances. 

Yes, yes, this definitely sounds like something Donald Trump would do.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

A685C3F1-A129-4D38-A50C-C7596F317CF9.jpeg.2b74e142b0255c6a12ee1365177e7f86.jpeg

Their Spawn would be the Antichrist: fight me!

Bannon kinda looks like jimmy johnson on a bender, having just lost his boat to a straight flush on the river after tossing the keys onto the chip pile after catching a straight on the turn. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1