The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

Pardon the misogyny, or don't---I don't give a rat's ass anymore with women hurting women like this (nevermind the men)

But the Big Red Republican Wave seems to have been replaced (and rather quickly) with the Big Red Republican tampon.  

This isn't liberal media bias...but the last month is disappointing midterm results, Kari Lake can't shut the fuck up, Santos' college was apparently a Brazilian jail cell, McCarthy can't get the votes he needs for what was to be a foregone conclusion much like Pence certifying the EC, Fuentes wrapped up his dinner leftovers in a Hugo Boss armband, Trump's biggest campaign idea was bankrupted trading cards, J6 committee formally referred criminal recs to the DoJ, and Jack Smith is closing in on Mar-a-Lago like Trump on Ivanka's childhood bedroom when she walked into the penthouse with a Victoria's Secret shopping bag.  

Only honorable thing I read was McConnell officially denouncing Trump for J6 in the wake of the committee criminal referrals.  And that's only because Trump insulted his wife recently.  Gotta tell you as we close our 2022 bingo, I did not see Turtle Mitch having bigger stones when it came to wife's honor over Ted Cruz---the epitome of all that is man.  

• Drool 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, The Dog said:

Rep. MTG? I agreed with you until the last section. What this American expects is for you, Rep. Boebert, and most of the other Republicans to act EXACTLY like high school drama queens turning on each other when police find a bag of pot in the common area. America doesn't need saving so much as it needs to be left alone by you. Maybe go to some other country and see if you can save them?

• 2 weeks later...

Mark 12:41-44

The Widow’s Offering

41 He sat down opposite the treasury and watched the crowd putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. 42 A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. 43 Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. 44 For all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, troph said:

“The big donors deserve better, they deserve a return on investment.” 

One man, one woman, or one non binary person, one vote. fuck off pillow stain. 

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Mark 12:41-44

The Widow’s Offering

41 He sat down opposite the treasury and watched the crowd putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. 42 A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. 43 Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. 44 For all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

george-michael-bluth-michael-cera.gif

" I bundled $371,000 for the big guy."

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's trump, right? can the speaker of the house run for president while speaker?

Nope. Trump endorsed McCarthy:

“Look, I think this: Kevin has worked very hard. I think he deserves the shot,” Trump said Friday in an interview with Breitbart News. “Hopefully he’s going to be very strong and going to be very good and he’s going to do what everybody wants.”

Trump calls on his supporters to stand down on McCarthy opposition

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's trump, right? can the speaker of the house run for president while speaker?

Elise Stefanik

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Trump thinks he can get some leverage with McCarthy by implying that McCarthy will only be elected with his support.

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Elise Stefanik

Trump thinks he can get some leverage with McCarthy by implying that McCarthy will only be elected with his support.

It’s a Trump scam. He comes in and makes those nuts vote for him and then McCarthy has to do what he says for two years.  Theatre. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t believe that McCarthy is going to agree that any 5 GOP reps can call for a new speaker election whenever they want. The key point about 5 is that with the current breakdown, then McCarthy couldn’t win the subsequent speaker vote.

Makes me wonder how that scenario plays out. Would the current Speaker (McCarthy) remain as speaker until 218 votes are found for someone or is the speaker role vacated until 218 is found.

Not too mention that this rule will most likely mean that there will be zero compromise bills over the next 2 years between the house and senate. Just enough in the GOP think any bipartisan bill is akin to treason even if the GOP is getting what they want.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie