2023 EDGE Colton Vasek

9 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Are you some sort of shitty Hank Scorpio and I’m not getting the joke? This doesn’t make sense.

Just like to see Westlake players succeed and it's often hard to be a star in your hometown.  Sometimes it works against you. 

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

All the fury of a Breckyn Hager, but with far more functional strength and actual ability to tackle whoever has the ball. Works for me. 

If we are going to start comparing to Texas white defensive ends, Brian Robinson is a much closer comparison than Breckyn Hager.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

It was in a reply to me some time back. It had to do with Peterson being at a UT party before the OU game telling everyone he was coming only to see a blow out and decide to go to OU.

None of this rings a bell. Not sure it was me you're recalling.

1 minute ago, You don't know me said:

Who's Brian Robinson?

This is a Texas recruiting board, so if this is an attempt at humor, it falls flat. If it's ignorance, maybe try google before creating bandwidth drain with stupid questions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is a Texas recruiting board, so if this is an attempt at humor, it falls flat. If it's ignorance, maybe try google before creating bandwidth drain with stupid questions.

I think it was a coy way of saying that the other poster accidentally spelled it wrong.  And before some else else says it, I’ll respond that Brian Robinson was Henry Shelton’s roommate. 

Great pickup on Vasek. If Vasek and Burke end up being Robison/ Tim Crowder II, sign me up. 

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

All the fury of a Breckyn Hager, but with far more functional strength and actual ability to tackle whoever has the ball. Works for me. 

Hager was maybe 6'2" on a good day. Not sure how tall Vasek actually is but he's listed at 6'5.5". 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I guess it was just a little too subtle for your brand.  I'll be a bit more direct next time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

B Rob was an athletic freak of nature. I’d be curious how many blocked kicks he had in his career, because, other than murdering bomar in the cotton bowl, my clearest memory is his ridiculous vertical on kicks. I seem to remember some talk of him possibly competing in the Olympic trials for Beijing, as well. Such an explosive athlete on the edge. If vasek hits b rob levels, I think most would be pleasantly surprised and quite gruntled.

Sidenote: I’m still impressed by the lengthy career loeffler had in the nfl. 

On 11/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Great get but why the fuck did he even commit to ou in the first place?

Because kids can be stupid? Plus maybe at the time he felt he wanted out of Austin, but then after seeing us take a giant shit in ou his emotions kicked in and he realized he fucked up and doesn't want to pass on playing for the team he grew up idolizing.