Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Inexperience reaaaaaaaally showing now, not sure how we win this game. As expected, though.

Creighton taking better care of the ball, now. And they've ratcheted it up on the defensive side. 

Starting to create some separation at 49-40. 

Dumb foul on Creighton there. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Man they can really shoot the ball, impressive. Just want to see no quit in this team, this is the kind of game we would be able to win toward the end of the season.

Batcho had a dumb foul about 20 feet from the basket. He only has 2 so I guess it doesn't matter.

The bench on each team has scored 2 points, for a total of 4 points in bench scoring for the whole game.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Texas should be able to beat this team with the experience at guard y'all have. We just don't have it.

To me Creighton plays like past Gonzaga teams. They certainly look way better than this year's Gonzaga team.

I like Tech's fight here. They're just not turning Creighton over like they did in the first half. I see plenty to build on, that's for sure. 

Weird game. If you had told me we would have more assists, fewer turnovers, and more attempted shots than Creighton before the game I would have said 90% shot we won that game. We basically lost the game at the free throw line, i.e. not getting there nearly as much as they did. Plenty of things to build on, that's the kind of game I think we probably win toward the end of the season. Need to get everyone healthy and get the young guys more reps.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Weird game. If you had told me we would have more assists, fewer turnovers, and more attempted shots than Creighton before the game I would have said 90% shot we won that game. We basically lost the game at the free throw line, i.e. not getting there nearly as much as they did. Plenty of things to build on, that's the kind of game I think we probably win toward the end of the season. Need to get everyone healthy and get the young guys more reps.

Three more made 3s for Creighton also helped. 

13 more attempted shots for Tech. It wasn't a slight edge there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

We look very tired. Not sure we have the legs for a 3rd game in 3 days the way we play. Classic opposing team that doesn't shoot very well can't miss from 3 lol

Is tech missing someone? Obvi I can’t watch the game while at work on the west coast, but I thought tech wasn’t at full strength? 

23 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Sup

It’s weird that you still post on this website considering the anger you have at Texas leaving the conference, which Texas is doing what’s best for Texas. 

With that said, congrats on the win homie! I don’t think Nawf Carolina is #1 right now, and I’m still not sold on Davis being a good coach. Regardless, props to ISU

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s weird that you still post on this website considering the anger you have at Texas leaving the conference, which Texas is doing what’s best for Texas. 

With that said, congrats on the win homie! I don’t think Nawf Carolina is #1 right now, and I’m still not sold on Davis being a good coach. Regardless, props to ISU

I’m pretty over the conference stuff.  Looks like it’s going to be a better situation for everyone.

Its a good message board that transcends UT sports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m pretty over the conference stuff.  Looks like it’s going to be a better situation for everyone.

Its a good message board that transcends UT sports.

I don't think Texas is going to a better situation. I despise the SEC and will never be happy to be a part of it. Have very much enjoyed the Big 12, the rivalries, the schools ... everything but the officiating. (hah)

But everyone else on this site seems to think it's for the best, so I'm probably in the wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don't think Texas is going to a better situation. I despise the SEC and will never be happy to be a part of it. Have very much enjoyed the Big 12, the rivalries, the schools ... everything but the officiating. (hah)

But everyone else on this site seems to think it's for the best, so I'm probably in the wrong.

There aren’t many schools who have gotten better at sports by switching conferences, but I don’t think that’s as important to most fans.  Conference prestige and brand opponents seem to matter more to a lot of people than how well their school does.

And I’m sure some people will take this as some kind of sour grapes snark, but I’m dead serious.  It applies to schools downstream too.  It’s a big reason the remaining 8 were so nervous about the future.

Now that the Big 12 has guaranteed a seat at the table as a conference (even if it comes with less money and fewer at larger) I feel liberated to just root for whatever I really care about, because I don’t have to worry about being absorbed by the American or MAC.  I guess I care about that silly shit too.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

13 hours ago, Pancho said:

Don’t feel like anyone is a clear #1 right now. KU has looked shaky in almost every game I’ve seen this season too….. and Gonzaga just got smoked again by Purdue. Should be an interesting season without anyone being really dominant.

Also not sold on Davis either. I don’t see him as a long term solution. Just had a magical run last season (like another much maligned coach we all despise).

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 1