Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

Fun win for us against St John's yesterday.  It was immensely satisfying giving Mike Anderson 40 minutes of Hell.

Really excited for Iowa State/Iowa Thursday night.  We ran their ass out of Hilton last year, but the game's in Iowa City this year.  Kris Murray is basically his brother, and that's going to be a massive challenge, but if we can get him flustered and keep him flustered, I like our odds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Fun win for us against St John's yesterday.  It was immensely satisfying giving Mike Anderson 40 minutes of Hell.

Really excited for Iowa State/Iowa Thursday night.  We ran their ass out of Hilton last year, but the game's in Iowa City this year.  Kris Murray is basically his brother, and that's going to be a massive challenge, but if we can get him flustered and keep him flustered, I like our odds.

Otzelberger is a freakin' wizard. He also wins press conference of the year for his remarks after the win over UNC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Otzelberger is a freakin' wizard. He also wins press conference of the year for his remarks after the win over UNC. 

I was super hesitant about his hiring, but just overjoyed with the results thus far.

This team will be really similar to last year.  Pesky as hell, but probably not top of the league.  Nightmare for most outside the league.

Next year is when the 4&5 star guys show up.  That could get wild.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

How you feeling about that Iowa game?  

• Haha 1

and has yet to play a game with its best player, but...

Not every team is born on third base.  Let's go ahead and keep lacing em up and see what happens... zGood thing NCAA Hoops isn't settled as a beauty contest like football.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That's crazy. 

The league seems down unexpectedly. We have Tech falling apart, OSU and OU seem shitty, everybody else seems more meh than usual. Even Kansas looked shitty in their loss.

And then, of course, we have our own problems.

Big XII Headquarters built on old Indian burial site in Irving?

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Reddit says Adams has lost the support of Tech’s biggest booster. 

Yep.  Word is ole Gym Corch is not on speaking terms with Dustin Womble.

What in the living furk?

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LOL "give me Beard all day over this asshole"

No fucking shit you rubes. The "we don't need Chris Beard!" denial narrative last season was hysterical. Can you imagine if posters here were commenting "meh - we'll be just as good with Rodney Terry". 

Meh, I'll give people a pass for saying that last season. They were upset with Beard, and Adams & Co. legit did a great job last season, whoever was actually responsible for that.

I have no clue how much of this is true but where there's smoke there's always fire so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Was this from the VIP board you mentioned further up?  Rivals or 247?

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

A poster on InsideTexas posted it.  Said it was an email he got from a big-time Tech booster.  Normally I'd just assume its all bullshit - but then Gerry confirmed it.

Yup. No clue where it came from but it the 2nd one I posted looks like it’s from the rivals insiders board for tech.

Compared to previous years, the Big 12 definitely seems down a little. TCU has not looked like a top 25 team despite their preseason ranking, Tech has regressed, OU has seemingly not improved from last year, OSU has not looked good, KSU is better than last year but has yet to play anyone with a pulse outside of LSU and Butler and WVU looks like a middle of the pack conference team like they always are.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Let's just say his "type" appears to be a bit different than Coach Beard.

image.thumb.png.1d5cd67b7915e26ddb0734c9e4563d3e.png

Look, I don't know the lady, but if you're trying to tell me she ain't got the potential to go full blown BSC, I would beg to differ.

However, with that rock on her hand, maybe she's smart enough to not crap where she eats.