Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

ou in a battle with Florida on espn2.

the sec is terrible this year so this would be a bad loss.

Baylor only won by 10 against Nawfwestern state today.

Not big 12 but Virginia just lost and UConn almost got beat by a terrible, terrible Georgetown team.  

Several “buy games” where the P5 team lost today across the country.

On 12/16/2022 at 1:19 PM, Brian Fantana said:

I'm thoroughly confused now

You know it's really him because only a damn Canadian would spell it "rumours"

Most of that entire thing turned out to be complete bullshit, coming from Goodman (no surprise with that dude, as his lips have been firmly planted on Beard's ballsack for a long time) and more notably from UT message boards (which strains credibility as well in this case).  Looks more like an attempt to deflect attention from the dumpster fire in Austin, but at this point the rumors that actually matter have been proven false: Aimaq isn't going anywhere, and Womble (donor) never got sideways with Adams.  As for Adams fucking his brother's widow, well we just don't know, but ultimately who gives a shit?  That rumor has been around for a really long time.  Tech will likely lose to the Horns in both games this season whether Beard is on the court or not.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't have a problem with Goodman, he just reports what he's told. And he was incredibly charitable to us last year. I doubt anyone in the Beard camp was involved, lol

I don't dislike Goodman, but he loves him some Beard. He's probably having some kind of internal crisis after learning that his favorite coach is capable of beating a woman. 

I don't think anyone directly connected to Beard had anything to do with this either.  Just internet troll idiots thinking they're helping.  And Goodman, for better or worse, will repeat anything he hears if it fits his notion of how things should be.  That Massey guy was quick to repeat what turned out to be a bunch of nonsense as well, but that's also no surprise.

Edited by Samson's Wig

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

West Virginia at K-State is going to overtime

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

k-state up 7pts...  53secs left in OT

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

K-State beats WVa...  82-76

Dude you need to get outside. 3 comments about a fucking KSt WVU basketball game while the CFP is going on. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Two fucking fouls on our 2nd to last possession down 1 vs Kansas and no calls, they get a runout dunk. It is fucking insane how much they swallow their whistles for Kansas.

Phog Magic in Lubbock was bullshit, but turnovers were more bullshit.

Went to game tonight and the USA was hoppin.  Red Raiders played their asses off but came up just short of win.  Hated the no call on Tech's last possession.

Students let fucking McCullar have it.  That was fun.  It was a little weird hearing the students chant, "You suck, Dick!" towards Grady too;  but that motherfucker was going Jimmy Chitwood on our ass for a while.

Kansas very rarely has any players I hate, and tonight was no exception.  They just played better.  i don't even hate McCullar, but enjoyed him having to hear it from his former fellow students.  Tech still feels like they are majorly struggling to crack the code on this overall team.  They showed a lot of heart tonight and most definitely played hard. 'twill be interesting to see if the YWCA coach still has some magic in him.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Two fucking fouls on our 2nd to last possession down 1 vs Kansas and no calls, they get a runout dunk. It is fucking insane how much they swallow their whistles for Kansas.

They called 6 fouls on you for the entire game and three of those were offensive.  

They called the end of the game exactly like they rest of it.  They may have been bad but they were consistent.  

Edited by Jatrain

5 minutes ago, Jatrain said:

They called 6 fouls on you for the entire game and three of those were offensive.  

They called the end of the game exactly like they rest of it.  They may have been bad but they were consistent.  

Tech played better defense.  Kansas whas beating the fuck out of anyone driving the lane, which yeah, worked great for the Pistons in the late 80's/ early 90's; but tonight there were some straight up muggings ignored.

I'm cool with swallowing the whistles/ whatever, but holy furk...

You can make the stats say anything you want...

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Tech played better defense.  Kansas whas beating the fuck out of anyone driving the lane, which yeah, worked great for the Pistons in the late 80's/ early 90's; but tonight there were some straight up muggings ignored.

I'm cool with swallowing the whistles/ whatever, but holy furk...

You can make the stats say anything you want...

I don’t have to make the states say anything, 3 defensive fouls in a 40 minute game played at that speed and intensity speak for itself.  

The refs set the tone early that physical play was allowed (and I’d argue that Tech played just as physical as Kansas). The play on Botcho or on the drive hadn’t been called a foul all night long.  Hell, they didn’t even call a foul in a dangerous situation when Adams got hit in the back on the final dunk.  Good coaches/teams adapt to what the refs are calling.