Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

goddamn meat grinder this year. Tech is the "weakling" this season and they gave us plenty of run in Austin a few games ago. We're gonna beat the shit out of each other, but there will be a couple of salty teams come out of this conference in march. 

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They'll win the regular season, you guys will win the tournament. It's something ISU does well, don't see why it wouldn't be the same this year.

Well, we got the doors beaten off of us last year in KC by Tech.

I do think this team has a "win the conference tourney" vibe to it, but we'll have to see.  Would be pretty awesome in year 2 for TJ.

It cracks me up (ok, infuriates) how everyone shits on the conference tournament in basketball and says the regular season championship is the real one, but then in football when ISU finishes the regular season atop the league standings but loses the rematch CCG to OU, we don't get to claim a damn thing and have to see that fucking "1912" graphic for another season.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The Big 12 tournament is usually the most exciting week of basketball. Every game is usually so good.  

The atmosphere is pretty incredible too.  I've only been once (2015) and it was vs KU in the final.  We went to all 3 of ISU's games (that was the year we beat y'all and OU on buzzer beaters).  Every game was a come from behind and eventually you just wanted to win in order to keep the party rolling as opposed to nabbing some hardware.  We took pictures with those UT guys that always go and sit together, did shots with Bob Huggins' kids, and just generally drank way too much and spend too much money.

It's probably the most fun I've had (and will ever have) at a sporting event.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

KU is going to get destroyed by Oscar at UK this weekend. Baylor had 17 offensive boards. Big part of why KU lost despite shooting 100% from the line and shooting over 40%. Everyone sucked dick outside of Dick and Wilson 

Advantage SEC

[9] Texas at [2] Tennessee
[3] Alabama at [57] Oklahoma
[23] Auburn at [30] West Virginia

Advantage Big 12

[8] Kansas at [38] Kentucky
[10] Iowa State at [58] Missouri
[27] Arkansas at [13] Baylor
[44] Florida at [16] Kansas State
[17] TCU at [63] Mississippi State
[104] Ole Miss at [42] Oklahoma State
[73] Texas Tech at [130] LSU

TBD.

46 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I see. Maybe I was thinking of the ladies.   Pretty sure I watched a Texas team win on that ugly court - it’s the only reason I’d know about the ugly court. 

Yeah, WBB played there.  Men don't play in FW until March. 

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Tech fans already claiming they will be going after McCasland and Adams is stepping down at the end of the season

Mark was only successful in year 1 because of the carryover of players and culture Beard had built. Now they’re learning what 2 years removed from Beard looks like with Adams. Maybe they should have done an actual nationwide coaching search instead of hiring from within. I wonder how CDC will handle our coaching search