Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

25 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Mark was only successful in year 1 because of the carryover of players and culture Beard had built. Now they’re learning what 2 years removed from Beard looks like with Adams. Maybe they should have done an actual nationwide coaching search instead of hiring from within. I wonder how CDC will handle our coaching search 

Yup. They chose to be emotional instead of rational. 

9 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

My favorite was Adams was the architect of the defense 

He was.

The toughest part of this season isn't losing games, but the way they fucking lose, and the lack of shut-down defense is infuriating.  The transfers have largely flopped/ or at least not gelled as we have become accustomed.  There are also some serious issue(s) off the court/ in the lockerroom.

The biggest question for the program is whether or not Mark Adams will be back for the 23-24 season.  Extension or not, you go sideways with the BFDs, you're fucking gone.  We'll see.

it is amusing that all of the sudden a bunch of y'all are interested in talking Tech Basketball. This was supposed to be what happened last year.

Edited by slorch

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

it is amusing that all of the sudden a bunch of y'all are interested in talking Tech Basketball. This was supposed to be what happened last year.

I wouldn't say the comments are so much talking Tech Basketball as they are pointing and laughing at the joke that is Tech Basketball.  The way it's supposed to always be outside that brief blip of long-gone relevance.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

look at this attendance:

FC5BEF9F-B633-47CD-B812-CF87BDFFC8A8.thumb.jpeg.f1bbede5b717f223145cbb6c34529317.jpeg

lololol. such great fans out there in lubbock. 

It sounded terrible on tv. It was just drunk students yelling. It reminded me of those women’s games where they invite the local elementary schools and the kids just yell at the top of their lungs because it fun.

• Haha 2

Just now, Valmy77 said:

It helps with the narrative that we shouldn't hire Terry.

It does.  Adams last year did what Terry is doing this year - being marginally successful with what Beard built.  

Also we are mostly laughing at Tech because y'all ran your mouths that you won the coaching search, Adams was the architect of the defense, crowing about going 2-0 versus us last year and farther in the tournament.

Congrats, I guess? Here's hoping Tech goes 0-18 in Big 12 play. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

It does.  Adams last year did what Terry is doing this year - being marginally successful with what Beard built.  

Also we are mostly laughing at Tech because y'all ran your mouths that you won the coaching search, Adams was the architect of the defense, crowing about going 2-0 versus us last year and farther in the tournament.

Congrats, I guess? Here's hoping Tech goes 0-18 in Big 12 play. 

Tech running their mouths anytime they have marginal success at anything is their only fucking tradition.   

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

It sounded terrible on tv. It was just drunk students yelling. It reminded me of those women’s games where they invite the local elementary schools and the kids just yell at the top of their lungs because it fun.

I commend you for having the stomach to turn the TV onto that mess

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Did you watch any of the Auburn-aggy game?

I swear the crowd mic was right in front of this woman's face, it was non-stop screaming. 

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I commend you for having the stomach to turn the TV onto that mess

It was the oddest game. The play was just straight trash. There were 48 fouls called. Christ on a stick.

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Did you watch any of the Auburn-aggy game?

I swear the crowd mic was right in front of this woman's face, it was non-stop screaming. 

oh boy. Between the color guy (who was a color guy) and that lady screaming at the highest pitch possible and those terrible uniforms by aggy and how the setup for the auburn arena has always looked weird af, I was in basketball hell last night. 

The problem was i can only get LHN via streaming and during the Texas/ou womens game, it kept buffering. I just went to bed. 

9 hours ago, slorch said:

He was.

The toughest part of this season isn't losing games, but the way they fucking lose, and the lack of shut-down defense is infuriating.  The transfers have largely flopped/ or at least not gelled as we have become accustomed.  There are also some serious issue(s) off the court/ in the lockerroom.

The biggest question for the program is whether or not Mark Adams will be back for the 23-24 season.  Extension or not, you go sideways with the BFDs, you're fucking gone.  We'll see.

Is this talking Tech basketball? I guess we are done.

Schedule *All Times Eastern - 

12:00 - (15) Auburn @ West Virginia ESPN 
2:00 - Texas Tech @ LSU ESPNU 
2:00 - (2) Alabama @ Oklahoma ESPN 
2:00 - (12) Iowa State @ Missouri ESPN2 
4:00 - (11) TCU @ Mississippi St ESPN2 
4:00 - Arkansas @ (17) Baylor ESPN 
6:00 - (10) Texas @ (4) Tennessee ESPN 
6:00 - Florida @ (5) Kansas St ESPN2 
8:00 - Ole Miss @ Oklahoma St ESPN2 
8:00 - (9) Kansas @ Kentucky ESPN 

13 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I was told Adams was better than Beard. Between Terry and Adams, two of Beard's former assistants, since Terry is having better results than Adams this season, does that make Terry better than Beard? 

stress i need a drink GIF

No. It works like this: Shaka Smart >>> Rodney Terry > Mark Adams = Chris Beard >>>>>>> John Calipari

Please do a better job of paying attention to the basketball board. 

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Schedule *All Times Eastern - 

12:00 - (15) Auburn @ West Virginia ESPN  Auburn
2:00 - Texas Tech @ LSU ESPNU  LSU
2:00 - (2) Alabama @ Oklahoma ESPN  Bama
2:00 - (12) Iowa State @ Missouri ESPN2  ISU
4:00 - (11) TCU @ Mississippi St ESPN2  TCU
4:00 - Arkansas @ (17) Baylor ESPN  Baylor
6:00 - (10) Texas @ (4) Tennessee ESPN  Vo!s
6:00 - Florida @ (5) Kansas St ESPN2  Cats
8:00 - Ole Miss @ Oklahoma St ESPN2  Zzzquil OSU
8:00 - (9) Kansas @ Kentucky ESPN  KU 

My picks.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tech -2.5 @LSU

Tech winless in B12 with players out and on the road...

"One of these things is not like the other"

If I was a betting man (I’m not), I’d put some money on LSU to win and cover. Tech is bad, and even moreso without Isaacs and Aimaq 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:44 AM, slorch said:

it is amusing that all of the sudden a bunch of y'all are interested in talking Tech Basketball...  The toughest part of this season isn't losing games, but the way they fucking lose, and the lack of shut-down defense is infuriating.  The transfers have largely flopped/ or at least not gelled as we have become accustomed.  There are also some serious issue(s) off the court/ in the lockerroom.

giphy.gif

Have beer... seems like yah need one  

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is ok state not participating?

I saw those sandy Vag’s at aggy aren’t playing.  No doubt asked out. They are so transparently pitiful. 

They play Ole Miss. favored bigly. -9.5

A&M hasn’t participated since 2020-21. They missed like 3 of the 10 challenges. 3-4 with 3 DNPs

Georgia and SC will have 6 DNPs after this year. Florida hasn’t missed a single year. 

Texas is the only B12 program with a DNP bc of the 2021 cancellation with UK due to Covid 

Edited by Js1

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is ok state not participating?

I saw those sandy Vag’s at aggy aren’t playing.  No doubt asked out. They are so transparently pitiful. 

Well, the Big 12 has 10 teams and the SEC has 14 teams, so 4 SEC teams can't participate. The SEC likely chose the 10 teams they wanted to participate in the challenge. This apparently is the last year of the challenge.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, the Big 12 has 10 teams and the SEC has 14 teams, so 4 SEC teams can't participate. The SEC likely chose the 10 teams they wanted to participate in the challenge. This apparently is the last year of the challenge.

It is the last year as ESPN is doing an ACC/SEC challenge instead starting next year

Big 12 leads the 10 year challenge 4-3-2 with a 48-41 record overall. Chance the clinch the entire series this year with a 5th win

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. I swore I read that the SEC chooses the teams to participate based on their conference standing from the previous year.

those sec teams that don’t participate then end up matching a game with the American through some kind of deal.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. I swore I read that the SEC chooses the teams to participate based on their conference standing from the previous year.

those sec teams that don’t participate then end up matching a game with the American through some kind of deal.

Kind of makes sense since SC, Vandy and aggy finished as the bottom 3 last year and aren’t in it this year. Auburn/UGA tied for 4th worst. 

• Hook 'Em 1