Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Gotcha. I thought you were making fun of me for conference pride. Totally not where I was going there.

Yeah being first in the SEC clearly doesn't mean much.

No prob and not my intent at all.

I don't necessarily have a great deal of conference pride.  But only a fool would not appreciate what it takes to win consistently in this league.

It's definitely meritorious.

I know y'all already talked about this, but when the teams were picked for these matchups, some effort was made to try to for compelling games with a lot of side stories.  Kentucky vs KU - battle of blue bloods.  Texas-Tennessee has the Barnes angle.  Most of the other games try to make some sense geographically.  

How is it that all these games just skipped right over the Aggies, who used to be IN the Big 12, and who could have gone 90 miles down the road vs Baylor, or against former rivals Texas or Texas Tech?  Just completely ignored. 

Bama goes down hard.

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I know y'all already talked about this, but when the teams were picked for these matchups, some effort was made to try to for compelling games with a lot of side stories.  Kentucky vs KU - battle of blue bloods.  Texas-Tennessee has the Barnes angle.  Most of the other games try to make some sense geographically.  

How is it that all these games just skipped right over the Aggies, who used to be IN the Big 12, and who could have gone 90 miles down the road vs Baylor, or against former rivals Texas or Texas Tech?  Just completely ignored. 

Because they are such cheesedicks they have managed to become despised in two different leagues.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I didn’t realize we were favored 9.5 against Ole Miss. I can’t imagine they’re that bad. If they can make shots they should be favored. I’ve never seen a team miss as many layups and decent shots as this years osu squad.

Mississippi makes tech look like Purdue. They are terribad.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

If Miles is out for the year for TCU, they go from a legit top 10 team and maybe the favorite to win the Big 12 to a team that lost to  Northwestern State (or whatever directional school beat them when he was out early in the year).

Yeah he dictates most of their offense as you can see in this game. They suck without Miles. 

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

I can’t believe I’m rooting for Baylor. But I am. I must be sick. 

I now see it like someone saw it during the KU-Baylor game 

I’m not rooting FOR Baylor. I’m rooting AGAINST Arkansas 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Between WV, OU and Tech winning, ISU losing, Baylor and TCU in rock fights - this is not how I expected this challenge to go. Which means somehow Ole Miss will win a close game, KSU will get blown out and Texas/KU will win by 15+