Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

15 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think if you guys keep pace at .500 in league play, you’re in.

Gonna be tough. Two against Tech, one against WVU are the only “should wins” left on the schedule. Need to win all three and get another upset for .500. I think we could get in at 8-10 but it’ll be a tough argument.

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Crazy conference. If we lose, it’s 3 teams at 7-3 and then 3 more at 6-4. If we win, it will be 4 teams at 6-4 behind us and isu. 

And if KSU wins OSU will be 7th place but only two games back. We don’t have any realistic chance to close that gap but a crazy stat.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

ISU needs a good kick in the penis in Moody. 

We absolutely owe them that.  Remaining SOS of the top 6 teams in the Big 12

1 TCU
3 Baylor
6 KU
7 ISU
11 Texas
12 KSU

Texas having the second "easiest" schedule of the 6, and a 2 game lead on KSU, makes us the current favorite. 

BPI gives Texas an 84% to win the conference at 13-5.  2nd best offense, 4th best defense in the league. 

image.thumb.png.f7ee41d6971bb6962cc0b9064eec4ec3.png

Big 12 looks like an 8 bid league, as WV's NET is top 20 and 7-11 might be enough with how strong the league is. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

We absolutely owe them that.  Remaining SOS of the top 6 teams in the Big 12

1 TCU
3 Baylor
6 KU
7 ISU
11 Texas
12 KSU

Texas having the second "easiest" schedule of the 6, and a 2 game lead on KSU, makes us the current favorite. 

BPI gives Texas an 84% to win the conference at 13-5.  2nd best offense, 4th best defense in the league. 

image.thumb.png.f7ee41d6971bb6962cc0b9064eec4ec3.png

Big 12 looks like an 8 bid league, as WV's NET is top 20 and 7-11 might be enough with how strong the league is. 

I think it’s 7. I just don’t see WVU getting to 7-11 and I know how strong the league is and how good their net is but 6-12 just doesn’t seem possible to get in. 
Ok St needs to get to 8-10 imo. So they have to take care of their 3 “gimme’s” (narrator- there are. I ginmes in the big 12)

11 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I sure hope you’re right about your tornado tickling corn fed fuckers. There’s always something near the end that moves the rubick’s cube around.

I'm going to have to add "tornado tickling corn fed fuckers" to my lexicon.

If something goes fucky for you guys down the stretch, I'd be more willing to bet it's in the form of dropping some road games to bottom half teams.

20 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm going to have to add "tornado tickling corn fed fuckers" to my lexicon.

If something goes fucky for you guys down the stretch, I'd be more willing to bet it's in the form of dropping some road games to bottom half teams.

The only bottom half team road game left for us is Tech. It’s more that we still play in Lawrence, host Kansas, host you, go to Waco and go to FW.  Dropping one of the OU/WV home games is what would be really bad 

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The only bottom half team road game left for us is Tech. It’s more that we still play in Lawrence, host Kansas, host you, go to Waco and go to FW.  Dropping one of the OU/WV home games is what would be really bad 

I could see you guys dropping the 3 roadies to KU, Rape, and TCU.  Would put you at 13-5 right?

For us to match that, we have to steal one of our 3 trips to Waco, Austin, or Manhattan, win at Morgantown, and hold serve at home.

I think we can and will win out in Hilton (that building's at another level this year) but I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped all of those road games.  I'd be damn happy with 11-7 (especially with a conference tournament title, and I think at this point we're kinda the favorite to do that), but those nail biters in Lubbock and Stillwater will haunt us at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

KU cracked the door open for us to pull even with UT on Wednesday night, but ISU rarely plays well in Morgantown.

You have four tough road games ahead of you and we have two (TCU and Baylor) and Tech, which could also be tough as you guys found out. Still lots of basketball left.

Ugh, just when things were looking up, our most veteran starter Avery Anderson needs wrist surgery. We have guys stepping up which is good, but Bryce Thompson needs to get his shit back together because he's playing like shit. If everyone else's upward trajectory sticks and Thompson gets back to form we can probably withstand losing Anderson, but consistency from game to game has been the biggest issue in the Boynton era. 

47 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

You have four tough road games ahead of you and we have two (TCU and Baylor) and Tech, which could also be tough as you guys found out. Still lots of basketball left.

Hence the "cracked the door" comment.

We have a better chance than we did 24 hours ago, but we could pretty easily lose all of those road games and that would put us a few games back.

Texas should still be the favorite.

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Here’s hoping the Hoopies slam it in your face 

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

History would indicate you getting your wish.

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

An Iowa State loss tonight would be very, very nice.

This seems like a very important game for WV. They're currently a last 4 bye in Lunardi's bracket. This is the type game that can move the needle and it's at home. 

I would be really surprised if WV doesn't play well tonight but who knows.