Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, there are no conference officials in college basketball. They are all NCAA officials with contracts with multiple conferences.

Ok... Not expecting NCAA refs to be helpful for Horns this Monday... that crowd will be intimidating

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm still thinking back to that no call at the end of the Oklahoma State and Kansas game. 

That could be the difference in the Big 12 this year. God's gift going to god's gift. 

Only the 93rd time that shit has ever happened.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My reward for spending the day with my in-laws was coming home to this and my dog taking a shit in the living room.

Dude, my old dog (14) is on permanent predisone, which has jacked her appetite through the roof.  I wake up to a "present" more days than not.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm still thinking back to that no call at the end of the Oklahoma State and Kansas game. 

That could be the difference in the Big 12 this year. God's gift going to god's gift. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Fucking gods gift 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Homercles said:

And people give me shit for being a Debby downer osu fan.  I lurk this thread a lot and don’t post much because superstition, but damn man 

I was already in a pissy mood before the game.  We’re probably just coming back down to earth, and you guys are playing really well.

Boynton definitely has Otz’s number.  I want no part of the Pokes in KC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was already in a pissy mood before the game.  We’re probably just coming back down to earth, and you guys are playing really well.

Boynton definitely has Otz’s number.  I want no part of the Pokes in KC.

Very well could be what happens to my Pokes too, come right back down to earth…especially without our #2 player for the rest of the season.  Basketball doesn’t seem as streaky as baseball, but it’s not far behind.  

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah from 1-4. I love Boynton too, but needs results. This is a super impressive run.

I saw a thing on Twitter after the game that noted we are now 7-1 in Big 12 games in which Cisse plays. The only game we lost that he’s played in was the 2-point loss at KU.

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I saw a thing on Twitter after the game that noted we are now 7-1 in Big 12 games in which Cisse plays. The only game we lost that he’s played in was the 2-point loss at KU.

Yeah, Oklahoma State is a top 25 team with a fully healthy team. Just never happened with Cisse and now Anderson. 

6 minutes ago, Okie State said:
15 minutes ago, Pancho said:
I don’t think I’ve seen the top parts of GIA full in a very long time. 

They were always full when I was there and it was fucking awesome. Wait...that was over 15 years ago...damn it.

Tony Allen ain't walkin through them doors. 

22 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Fucking Kansas is going to win this because the rest of us keep losing to the bottom half of the league.

Bill Self knows you gotta beat the dregs to win the league. Everyone else keeps fucking that up. Gotta be just as motivated and prepared to beat Tech, OU and WV as you are to beat KU and Baylor

So same as it ever was, KU is going to win the league. Again. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Bill Self knows you gotta beat the dregs to win the league. Everyone else keeps fucking that up. Gotta be just as motivated and prepared to beat Tech, OU and WV as you are to beat KU and Baylor

So same as it ever was, KU is going to win the league. Again. 

Sunrise, sunset.

That really is his key though.  He doesn't lose bottom half road games, and his only home losses are to upper half teams, and they're quite rare.

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

I think we really need a Baylor W on Saturday. Other than us and Baylor, Kansas plays TCU, WVU, and Tech. That should be an easy 2-1, likely 3-0 for them.

I don't think anyone's winning in Phog.  Your best shot is to just keep pace and beat them in Austin to end the year.  Not sure what Texas's remaining slate looks like in terms of road wins, but I think you're KU's only remaining loss.

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think anyone's winning in Phog.  Your best shot is to just keep pace and beat them in Austin to end the year.  Not sure what Texas's remaining slate looks like in terms of road wins, but I think you're KU's only remaining loss.

Texas still has TCU and Baylor on the road 

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Fucking Kansas is going to win this because the rest of us keep losing to the bottom half of the league.

On the other side, is there an actual chance all 10 teams Dance?  Every Big 12 team would absolutely make the Dance if they were in any other league.

They'll win a share. Texas is still contending for that but will need to beat KU in Austin now. 

12-6 is probably the most likely finish for the top teams in the league. Just too tough on the road against so many of these teams, especially if TCU gets healthy with Miles and Lampkin. My guess is that UT and KU finish 12-6, BU, 11-7, ISU 10-8, KSU, and TCU get to 10-8. OSU is 9-9. WVU has 5 games left and I think 8 regular season conference wins gets them into the Tournament, especially if they win their first game in the Big 12 Conference Tourney. I just don’t think OU or Tech have enough winnable games left to be anything more than a NIT team.