Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

What am I projecting? I legitimately think you suck. That is not projecting, I firmly believe that. 

The constant unprovoked accusations that I'm whining and being cunty in a thread where you've been far more whiney and cunty.

That is the textbook definition of projecting.  From a quick Google search projection is "unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else"

I wasn't bitching or whining about anything.  I stated my dislike for Baylor and preference that my school beat them.  You called me "whiny", a "bitch", and a "pussy".  Whatever the hell you're attributing to me wasn't present in that post.  You're projecting your whiney, bitch-ass pussiness.  Fuck off.  If you wanna argue about basketball, go for it.

13 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Jesus Christ.  Someone put TJ in a fucking locked bubble.

But man, I hope Self pulls through.  I hate KU as a matter of principle, but he's one of the all time greats and seems like a good guy off the court.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

I'd probably feel this way as an OK State alum too (I view Fred Hoiberg in such a light).  His cheating stuff doesn't really bother me because, well, everyone is at that level.  I think it's bullshit the way the NCAA handled it, but that makes me think less of them - not Self.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'd probably feel this way as an OK State alum too (I view Fred Hoiberg in such a light).  His cheating stuff doesn't really bother me because, well, everyone is at that level.  I think it's bullshit the way the NCAA handled it, but that makes me think less of them - not Self.

Considering the absolute shit bags like Oats, Beard, Adams, etc, Self is fine since as far as we know, no major personal life issues or character flaws 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Nah, he's a cheating shitbag, l feel the same about the other cheating shitbags, including at the NCAA. All that said, of course I hope he's okay healthwise, he's still human, and cheating at a game isn't the most egregious of sins from a real world perspective.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Considering the absolute shit bags like Oats, Beard, Adams, etc, Self is fine since as far as we know, no major personal life issues or character flaws 

Exactly.  Does Self seem a little slimy?  Yeah.  But he doesn't have some smoking gun "shithead" thing going on at all.

I get the Poke view though.  If Fred Hoiberg took the KU job, won Big 12 titles, a couple of natties, and became the face of Jayhawk basketball it would be damn near impossible to not hate him for it.

Just now, 'stache said:

Nah, he's a cheating shitbag, l feel the same about the other cheating shitbags, including at the NCAA. All that said, of course I hope he's okay healthwise, he's still human, and cheating at a game isn't the most egregious of sins from a real world perspective.

I'm sure to some extent there's got to be some anger about how you guys got fisted for the mildest iteration of cheating and KU got off scot free.

It pissed me off, and I don't have a dog in the fight.

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

Being a Big 12 MBB coach is a hazard

He'll get bailed out of the jam late.

Happens every fucking time.  Hell, he will probably heal hisself.

30 minutes ago, JWinTX said:

I’ve lurked here a long time and @Al_4_ISU is a pretty good poster. Not sure that I get the attack on him. Plus, his team has great fans and owns Baylor. Am I missing something? I’ll hang up and listen…

Some people are incapable of seeing another's perspective on an event.  I was salty about the last round of realignment when it looked like the remaining 8 were in big trouble, and I've gotten pissed about losing some games on what I thought were bad calls.  You know, normal sports fan shit.  But since I'm not a UT fan, some posters thought I was being a cunt because I didn't want to see my school relegated or I was annoyed that we lost a game over a bad call.  As if they've never felt the same way, right?

I like this board a lot for the wide range of topics and how it brings people in from very different backgrounds, have no beef with UT, and have no intention to leave.  I don't give AF about SEC sports and won't post in those threads much, but there's a million other interesting conversations about sports nationally, or non sports topics that interest me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is Ok State sweating out Sunday? ASU won last night. Clemso, Oregon and Vandy are still playing as well. Some potential bid stealers 

I think their Big 12 resume is good enough, but that non-con could be an anchor.  I hope they make it.  I think they could fuck someone's world up.

I’ve lurked here a long time and [mention=1238]Al_4_ISU[/mention] is a pretty good poster. Not sure that I get the attack on him. Plus, his team has great fans and owns Baylor. Am I missing something? I’ll hang up and listen…

If you’ve lurked here a long time, you should be familiar with the source of the attack. Most posters here like Al. The source of the attack is “slightly” less popular and his opinions rarely reflect the rest of the board’s opinions.

Yeah, OSU should be in, but ASU beating USC last night is not good for their chances. They need some other bubble teams to lose today.

Updated: Latest bracketology now has them as 1st team out. They are going to be sweating out Selection Sunday.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Js1 said:

He spilled beer on me at Eskimo Joe's when I was a freshman 40 years ago and he didn't even acknowledge my existence.  How one treats the commoners is a pretty good indication of character, or lack thereof.  And if something that happened 40 years ago in a bar isn't the smoking gun, I don't know what is.  It's official.  He's a piece of shit 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, OSU should be in, but ASU beating USC last night is not good for their chances. They need some other bubble teams to lose today.

Updated: Latest bracketology now has them as 1st team out. They are going to be sweating out Selection Sunday.

Meh.  I don't think we really deserve it.  At least not to the point where any of should be bitching about it.  Unless we draw OU in our first game, which seems highly unlikely, we're one and done anyway.  

I’m pretty indifferent, we’ve been dogshit for the last month, no reason to think we’d do anything if they give us a bid. I doubt we could even give an jntersring performance in a first four game. I almost prefer for it to just be over, but a first four loss is at least better than an NIT loss, always lame to make the NIT.

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m pretty indifferent, we’ve been dogshit for the last month, no reason to think we’d do anything if they give us a bid. I doubt we could even give an jntersring performance in a first four game. I almost prefer for it to just be over, but a first four loss is at least better than an NIT loss, always lame to make the NIT.

I know we've had the "would you rather make the dance and lose in the first game or win the NIT" argument on here and I think "make the NCAA and lose" is always the overwhelming choice.

Can't have a chance if you don't make it. 

OSU going to be big fans today of Purdue, Michigan State, UCLA, Kentucky and Arizona. 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know we've had the "would you rather make the dance and lose in the first game or win the NIT" argument on here and I think "make the NCAA and lose" is always the overwhelming choice.

Can't have a chance if you don't make it. 

OSU going to be big fans today of Purdue, Michigan State, UCLA, Kentucky and Arizona. 

We've never played well in the NIT, so it's a first round loss either way, better to do so in the NCAA than pathetically in the NIT.

14 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

You’ve been derka’d.  don’t be derka’d 

what the hell are you doing?  Don't you know if you say his name three times, you summon him from the depths of hell to rise up and post a 4 page 5,000 word manifesto on why he is always right, he's the victim, and everybody else is always wrong?  Saying it two times is just playing with fire.  We're enjoying a nice quiet morning and I imagine he's lounging around his lair, South Austin's mom is in a gold bikini and his current nemesis frozen in carbonite.  And you almost summon him.  

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Apparently, tech rejected an NIT bit lol

I wish more teams would do that, I think Eddie Sutton did at least once. Every time I've seen our team play in the NIT it's pretty obvious they don't want to be there, play worse than normal.