Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Some really bad shots down the stretch.  Grill completely disappeared today.  OSU played their dicks off.

The second I start thinking we can the league, we shit the bed.  Every time.

Ok St turned the ball over three times in last couple minutes just begging to give the game away.  

• Like 1

On that note, the majority of fans who support other schools yet post here are excellent contributors. This place would be boring if it were all 'Horns, all the time. Variety is the spice of life.

I think this was the general feel of shaggy. A different feel on surly. Overall much less clever as well.

Still much funnier than sicem365 though.

15 hours ago, harpercollins said:

Yeah I’m not feeling too excited about hosting Kansas on big Monday when they’ve lost two in a row.

Dick appears to have hit the freshman wall and the road atmosphere won't help with their current woes.

Bears have a more than decent shot, but still...Go Meteor!

On 1/22/2023 at 7:49 AM, Hookem2147 said:

Just remembered that Tech extended Adams after one year (lol). Looks like his buyout would be $7.5 million if they fired him after this year (60% of his remaining contract).

The money isn't an issue, extending him made sense. He did a demonstrably great job last year. I have no idea what's going on this year.

Tomorrow’s game in Hilton is going to be gigantic for sorting the league standings out.

If Grill isn’t healthy I don’t know if we’ll have the outside threats to get it done.  I think we were playing a little over our heads for a minute there and came down to earth some.

To compete at our top level we need to be healthy.  Duh, I guess.  If we win tomorrow we’re still in the mix for a league title, but even if KSU wins and we’re out of that convo, I’m still elated with where this program is.  Just getting back to the Dance would be big.

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

My bet is Adams is just a mediocre coach that will prove just that once all over Beard's players/culture are gone. This is why you don't overreact to 1 season. 

Maybe part that and maybe part there are no real leaders on this team as opposed to last year when there were several.

31 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If Grill isn’t healthy I don’t know if we’ll have the outside threats to get it done.  I think we were playing a little over our heads for a minute there and came down to earth some.

I just wanted to take a moment to say FUCK GRILL. FUCK HIM IN HIS BITCH ASS PUSSY.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Maybe part that and maybe part there are no real leaders on this team as opposed to last year when there were several.

You don’t do 0-9 against KenPom top 140 teams or whatever because you lack leadership.

Tech is creatively finding ways to lose games each and every night. At some point, you are what your record says and Adams’ record as a head coach is abysmal outside of one season. 

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

You don’t do 0-9 against KenPom top 140 teams or whatever because you lack leadership.

Tech is creatively finding ways to lose games each and every night. At some point, you are what your record says.

Oh yeah there's a myriad of reasons. That's just one of the most glaring in my eyes.

Big 12 Standings with NET:

KSU 6-1 (16)
Kansas 5-2 (8)
ISU 5-2 (10)
Texas 5-2 (9)
TCU 4-3 (17)
Baylor 4-3 (15)
OSU 3-4 (42)
OU 2-5 (57)
WV 1-6 (30)
Tech 0-7 (73)

WV stands out as a top 30 NET team and 9th place in the Big 12.  Brutal league.

Adams is a bad offensive coach. #42 in adjusted offense last year and #86 in adjusted offense this year. 

Last year, Tech was serviceable offensively because they had one of the best bigs in the country (Bryson Williams) and two guards that now start for top 30 NET teams (McCullar and Shannon). 

Tech will never have those weapons again on offense unless Adams turns out to be some recruiting wizard. 

Adams record in his last D1 stint at UTPA from 92-97 was 44-90. 

Tech hired him because they were angry and thought it would hurt Beard. Had they been rational and looked at the big picture, they would have known Adams wasn’t the guy. And they did what I fear Texas will do with Terry.