Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I love Coach Boynton but the results just aren't there. I was ready to go all in a few weeks ago, and here we are. You just can't get blown out like that so many times in late February. This is a tough league but it can't be an excuse anymore. His X's and O's are good and our guys don't lack motivation or grit. Rebounding and defense are good. His recruiting on paper is fine. The problem that has been consistent is the guys he brings in can't make shots to save their lives. Our 3 point shooting has been atrocious, and now mid range shots are bricking like crazy, and even when we get to the rim I've never seen so many underneath put backs just roll off. I've been chalking it up to bad luck or bad situations or slumps but it has been consistent, year in and year out, we just can't make shots. And many of them are wide open, so the sets are good, and the guys are doing everything right except getting the goddamned ball to go through the hoop. Just clank after clank, brick after brick, often multiple times after successful offensive rebounds. It's been really, really hard for me to blame the head coach, but the buck stops with him, and it's not improving, its getting worse. As much as I hate it, I think we need to move on and find a new head coach. 

You're probably right.  He did a great job responding to the mess Underwood left him, but he hasn't taken the next step.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I love Coach Boynton but the results just aren't there. I was ready to go all in a few weeks ago, and here we are. You just can't get blown out like that so many times in late February. This is a tough league but it can't be an excuse anymore. His X's and O's are good and our guys don't lack motivation or grit. Rebounding and defense are good. His recruiting on paper is fine. The problem that has been consistent is the guys he brings in can't make shots to save their lives. Our 3 point shooting has been atrocious, and now mid range shots are bricking like crazy, and even when we get to the rim I've never seen so many underneath put backs just roll off. I've been chalking it up to bad luck or bad situations or slumps but it has been consistent, year in and year out, we just can't make shots. And many of them are wide open, so the sets are good, and the guys are doing everything right except getting the goddamned ball to go through the hoop. Just clank after clank, brick after brick, often multiple times after successful offensive rebounds. It's been really, really hard for me to blame the head coach, but the buck stops with him, and it's not improving, its getting worse. As much as I hate it, I think we need to move on and find a new head coach. 

If he gets fired, he's gonna leave behind a program that is in much better shape than the one he got...

It needs to be pointed out every week or so. The off-ball draw of a charge is a pathetic rule and should have been eliminated yesterday. If you're an on ball defender and can defend well enough to get a charge, great. More power to you. But simply standing in the way of a offensive player to draw a foul is ridiculous. Always has been.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Clones up 15 with just over 5 min left 

This would be a huge gift for Texas’ chance to grab that 2 seed 

cyclones making extra passes, and effectively scoring down low has been a big boost in this game.  

cyclones need to stop fouling tho

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

cyclones making extra passes, and effectively scoring down low has been a big boost in this game.  

cyclones need to stop fouling tho

@Al_4_ISU may have been right that Grill was just a cancer. Team maybe bought into TJO more for that move 

• Haha 1

The Keyonte George thing couldn't be more obvious. Texas would be playing for a B12 title today if he didn't get hurt in that game. 

Anyway - beat Kansas and Texas should have a really nice shot at a 2 seed. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The Keyonte George thing couldn't be more obvious. Texas would be playing for a B12 title today if he didn't get hurt in that game. 

Almost insane to think an opposing star player getting hurt actually made US lose a game 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Stringer said:

So what’s our tie break with KSU? Can we get the 2 in the Big XII tourney if we both win?

Nope. KSU 2-0 over #4 team (Baylor) and Texas would be 1-1

Big 12 Standings

1.  Kansas (13 - 5)  
2.  Kansas St (12 - 6) Above Texas based on winning percentage against #4 teams [Baylor] (2-0).
3.  Texas (12 - 6) Below Kansas St based on winning percentage against #4 teams [Baylor] (1-1).
4.  Baylor (11 - 7)  
5.  TCU (10 - 😎  
6.  Iowa St (9 - 9)  
7.  Okla St (7 - 11)  
8.  Texas Tech (6 - 12) Above W Virginia based on winning percentage against #2 teams [Kansas St and Texas] (2-2).
9.  W Virginia (6 - 12) Below Texas Tech based on winning percentage against #2 teams [Kansas St and Texas] (0-4).
10.  Oklahoma (4 - 14) 

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

With baylor & k-state losses, I believe Texas will get #2 seed with win or #3 seed if they lose??

Correct. KSU has that tie breaker over us bc of their 2-0 record over Baylor in the “mini round robin” of all 3 teams being 11-7

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1