Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

On 1/14/2023 at 6:45 PM, harpercollins said:

I’m at okstate at Baylor—lights went out during a keonte George free throw. whole stadium went dark. We’re on a fifteen minute delay and they’re unsuccessfully trying to make everyone stay in their seats.

The gods were disgusted with what we threw out there and called "basketball." This team couldn't smooth a silk sheet if they had a hot date with a babe.. I lost my train of thought. We suck, like really truly suck at this game called basketball. I'm not even sure we can luck into a conference win at this point. Tomorrow's bedlam matchup is going to be vomit worthy.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Relieved and excited.  I love this team’s guts.

Gotta give props to Hunter’s start tonight.  He had 0 fear of that building.

Woe is us, we are always gonna lose, blah blah blah, cry cry cry, oh look we won who would have expected that at Hilton with our dirty players and a rigged conference 

image.gif.6b00dec115a9c06d76ee80ae131286ef.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Disappointed and depressed here.

Good win Cyclones, hopefully things go differently in Austin.

I expect they will.  You guys were more physical than I realized and your new venue is an improved atmosphere.

Its going to be real hard for the top 4-5 teams to get road wins against each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Will the resident Iowa state fan on this board admit to the shit officiating? Will he admit the cheap undercut on Mitchell? That could have gotten him severely injured?

I've had to watch you guys act like everything is a conspiracy against Texas while you call anyone else who criticized poor officiating crybaby pussies for years, so I'm not going to get down on my knees and bless the refs for handing this game over to appease y'all.

But there was a shit load of uncalled contact in this game, and it seems like Big 12 refs have been swallowing their whistles a lot all year long.  We'll be on the losing end of it soon enough.  I don't think Grill was trying to be cheap (no history of it), but that could have ended badly and was worthy of a foul.

I've watched too many people on this board defend this play over the past decade as well.  Everyone thinks the refs are out to get them and their team does no wrong.

Yeah, as I figured.

Deflect, whine, play victim. 

Also hilarious you pick a football game from 10 years despite watching Texas get horsefucked by conference officials since then.  Charlie Strong ref bump flag + defensive holding in that game, officials not bothering to review obviously OOB plays in the OU game, 14-0 penality discrepancy in the OSU game this year.

Look at Texas, just being favored as usual! 

and it seems like Big 12 refs have been swallowing their whistles a lot all year long.

There were 67 FTs in that KSU/KU game last night, so I guess the Big 12 conference quota for Tuesday night whistles were in Manhattan only. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, as I figured.

Deflect, whine, play victim. 

Also hilarious you pick a football game from 10 years despite watching Texas get horsefucked by conference officials since then.  Charlie Strong ref bump flag + defensive holding in that game, officials not bothering to review obviously OOB plays in the OU game, 14-0 penality discrepancy in the OSU game this year.

Look at Texas, just being favored as usual! 

There were 67 FTs in that KSU/KU game last night, so I guess the Big 12 conference quota for Tuesday night whistles were in Manhattan only. 

You guys whined first.  Not me.  I didn't talk any shit, said nothing but complimentary things about your team, and was in no way a sore winner.

You expect non UT fans to just bend over to your self serving narratives just because we're on your board.  Fuck that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've had to watch you guys act like

There is an easy solution  to this, you know. GTFO.  You chime in with your schtick immediately after a loss looking for a pat on the back. What the fuck did you expect from the fans of the team that lost? We gotta deal with it in our own way, so kindly back the fuck outta here til we process this bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Delta Charlie said:

There is an easy solution  to this, you know. GTFO.  You chime in with your schtick immediately after a loss looking for a pat on the back. What the fuck did you expect from the fans of the team that lost? We gotta deal with it in our own way, so kindly back the fuck outta here til we process this bullshit.

I didn't chime in for shit.  I stayed out of your game thread, posted only in a thread about the entire Big 12 Season (which this game was part of), didn't say shit bad about Texas or gloat in any way.

Then a bunch of butt hurt pussy ass cunt rags demanded I denounce the win because they didn't like the refs, think our players are dirty, and I told them to fuck off.  They came at me, not the other way around.

There's an ISU fan talking shit in your game thread.  Go bitch at him if you're still mad about last night.  It's not like you won't beat us in Austin.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

14 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

You're wilding out a little bruh

I’ve debated 50/50 on whether to neg this or not. 

Y’all forget—this is a Texas message board first. This isn’t your teams message board. You want us to be okay with bitchass posters from other schools coming on this board to reprimand and chide Texas players, Texas teams, and the university as a whole?

Fuck that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Y’all forget—this is a Texas message board first. This isn’t your teams message board. You want us to be okay with bitchass posters from other schools coming on this board to reprimand and chide Texas players, Texas teams, and the university as a whole?

Fuck that shit. 

Who the fuck is doing that?

How many times does this have to be said, there is no such thing as conference officials in basketball? All officials in basketball are NCAA refs, they are allowed to have contracts with the conferences and most of the good ones have contracts with multiple conferences.

Now the ones last night in Ames were shitty.

Edited by HtownHorn

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Big 12 fans come here because we have the best board but they tend to be have posting styles that look like

Fuck Yo Couch GIFs | Tenor

In the same vein, the most objective post by a known fan of rival schools gets this reaction from a shit-ton of y'all:

giphy.gif

and fuck the tittybabies offended by the word "rival."

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Some snowflakey behavior on this page. 

Eh, it's a Texas board. If you're not a Texas fan, you're a guest here. A guest in someone else's home. Start acting like it's your home, and you can get the fuck out. Guests are welcomed here by gracious hosts for as long as the hosts like. Guests don't live here. I don't give a fuck if you've been here since the beginning, it's not your party, and you can be shown the door at any moment for any reason. Know your place and always show respect. There's only a few people at this party that can break the TV, vomit all over the living room, and take a dump in the hall closet and remain. And those folks all bleed burnt orange.

For the record, @Al_4_ISU did nothing wrong. But the principle remains.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Eh, it's a Texas board. If you're not a Texas fan, you're a guest here. A guest in someone else's home. Start acting like it's your home, and you can get the fuck out. Guests are welcomed here by gracious hosts for as long as the hosts like. Guests don't live here. I don't give a fuck if you've been here since the beginning, it's not your party, and you can be shown the door at any moment for any reason. Know your place and always show respect. There's only a few people at this party that can break the TV, vomit all over the living room, and take a dump in the hall closet and remain. And those folks all bleed burnt orange.

For the record, @Al_4_ISU did nothing wrong. But the principle remains.

I'd understand the vitriol if I had gone into the game thread talking shit and throwing metaphorical double birds around, or if I was just throwing unprovoked shade in this thread.  Other than a few moments getting pretty hot about the realignment stuff (which is water under the bridge at this point) that's not my style.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Fuck that shit. 

I promise you I don't care if you neg me. I get what you're saying but I don't think Al did any of that though? Can't really blame him for clapping back when he gets run up on for doing nothing but posting in the Big 12 thread.

It's not his or mine or anyone else's job to keep you from acting like a 10 year old, that's all on you.

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I didn't chime in for shit.  I stayed out of your game thread, posted only in a thread about the entire Big 12 Season (which this game was part of), didn't say shit bad about Texas or gloat in any way.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'd understand the vitriol if I had gone into the game thread talking shit and throwing metaphorical double birds around, or if I was just throwing unprovoked shade in this thread.  Other than a few moments getting pretty hot about the realignment stuff (which is water under the bridge at this point) that's not my style.

No doubt. I'd just add any post you made post-game was probably going to get a snap back no matter how benign. 

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

No doubt. I'd just add any post you made post-game was probably going to get a snap back no matter how benign. 

He was called out, and responded honestly.  He’s wrong though if he thinks Texas isn’t on the bad end of plenty of officiating. That isu also is doesn’t change that fact. 

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m honestly a little disappointed I didn’t hear an SEC chant at them from the students. Must be just a football thing.

Are they doing that shit? I hadn't heard any SEC chants from them...granted chanting that at us would be stupid, even for them.

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

ESPN’s power ranking thing has you guys beating us on Saturday 

That’s ridiculous. We can play defense and rebound but we can’t score for shit. We only broke 70 against OU because they folded the last two minutes. There’s always a chance but nobody sane would predict us to win.