2022-2023 Winter Weather Thread

Hate

I'm not sure where the panicking hordes are going, but in NW Hills both the Randalls and the HEB were pretty chill at 4:15 today.

Maybe now they're overrun.  Me?  I'm doing fried chicken, onion rings, a quiche, and some turkey and ham sammiches over the next two days.  Oh yeah, beer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure where the panicking hordes are going, but in NW Hills both the Randalls and the HEB were pretty chill at 4:15 today.

Maybe now they're overrun.  Me?  I'm doing fried chicken, onion rings, a quiche, and some turkey and ham sammiches over the next two days.  Oh yeah, beer.

You arrogant ass.  You’ve killed us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I put the faucet covers on outside, since it’s even easier thing to do than SA’s mom.  I honestly don’t think they make a shit, because even with those + towels + hand warmers they still freeze up…but since my pipes seem to live on after multiple freezes I am concluding that PEX flexes enough that it’s not a huge issue.  Besides one of the spigots is on a garage exterior wall so it’ll freeze no matter what.  

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Besides one of the spigots is on a garage exterior wall so it’ll freeze no matter what.  

I have two hose bibs, I just run them at a trickle.  It cost me < $100 over snowpocalypse, and that was 6 days.  I'll pay the water bill.  Lance Armstrong uses that much water every day.

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Super happy for all the Bitcoin miners who are getting paid tax dollars to turn off their machines and sit around being pieces of shit today so that our shitty ass state can keep the heat on for the rest of us!

They are turning off all of their machines, JenniferLawrenceOK.gif

And don't worry, the demand will still be high tomorrow as a million Texas kids login to Minecraft and fire up FaceTime, Discord, etc.

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Am scheduled for a heart scan at BS&W in Round Rock at 8:30AM Wednesday. 
Hope they can reschedule.

Yeah, wednesday might still might be dicey at that hour.  No reason to risk it.  If they pull some shit where they can't see you for a month after that.  PM me and I'll drive you.  Got AWD Lo, and most mornings, I'm not shitfaced drunk.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The drive to work was sketch af. couldn't count all the 18 wheelers that were wrecked on 287 and 114. the road was blocked twice and I had to wait that out. Left for work an hour early (usually takes 45 min) and got there 15 minutes late. North Texas is FUBAR.

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably right around freezing for all of Tuesday in Austin proper, and below on the outskirts, and 100% of rain tomorrow night into Wednesday and through Wednesday morning, so yeah, count on some kind of delay on Wednesday for the school kids.

Or hell, if the temps stay a few degrees below what they are predicting, plan on the kids staying home, no way the ice melts that fast.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Well that doesn’t sound good.

I plan on going into my office downtown, but may just take it slow on Lamar all the way in just to be safe.

Zero ice or traffic on Lamar all the way to Dowwntown from north. Road was wet but easily driveable.

The trees are weighed down enough with all the bodies in them.

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

Zero ice or traffic on Lamar all the way to Dowwntown from north. Road was wet but easily driveable.

I figured that might be the case early, but didn’t want to take a chance and get stranded if shit really iced over later in the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The trees are weighed down enough with all the bodies in them.

I figured that might be the case early, but didn’t want to take a chance and get stranded if shit really iced over later in the day.

I think it would be late afternoon. Now they are saying precip starting again this afternoon with us getting up to 33. You'd be safe getting half a day in the books. 

44 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Looks like they extended the Winter Weather Advisory to 6am Thursday.

I figured schools would be closed Tues/Wed.  Here’s hoping that doesn’t extend into Thursday…after 2-3 days of kids cooped up they’re safer on icy roads than at home with their burned out parents 

• Hook 'Em 1