Gone posters

On 11/2/2020 at 2:47 AM, PilotsError said:

Agreed. Continuing to require masks and social distancing for something that is barely the flu is absolutely retarded.

I just had a conversation with two of my daughter's friends about how they both didn't have grandmothers today because of COVID.

"Barely the flu" doesn't kill a quarter of a million American men and women.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Some names from the Ancient Times:

Kangsta, Sii, Dances w/ Possums, Voodoo Chi|d, LongIslandIceSip, AtxBaby, MrMyke709, SangreNaranjada, SPEED GOAT, Texanne, BongoHorn, Flaco, Suttree, NickDanger, the People's Elbow, Prodigal Horn, Since73, 12thStudStan, and WhooTex, the only name I remember seeing in the past five years.

My apologies if some of y'all are here under those handles; we must not hang out on the same threads. 

Looks like some of them are still active on Hornfans...I get that some of us like comfort zones, but that place is sooooo dead. I guess those are the posters who were already olds when the Shaggy Schism went down. And now many of us are olds now....I can't imagine what it would take for someone to start up a breakaway site that out-raunched or out-assholed this one. (Well, I guess the Fall of Saigon-like chaos of the last days of the Shag would be one blueprint.)

11 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I guess those are the posters who were already olds when the Shaggy Schism went down. And now many of us are olds now....I can't imagine what it would take for someone to start up a breakaway site that out-raunched or out-assholed this one. (Well, I guess the Fall of Saigon-like chaos of the last days of the Shag would be one blueprint.)

Surly is the....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:46 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

The above was literally his last post on this site. It’d be one thing if he played it off like he intended to do it, but he said, fuck it, I’m out.  In the Kobe death thread. Hilarious. 

That there is a web site called “besthugecocks.com” is both not at all surprising but enlightening nonetheless. And the video title in the link is hysterical. 

I had completely forgotten about this, I was reading that thread when he posted.

It is just as funny the second time around

Has there been any talk about Machinator (TARS)? He’s disappeared before, but obviously returned. He’s such a valuable poster with his incredible volume of updates. Ironically, it looks like his last post may have been regarding the last broadcast of Marv Albert a couple weeks ago. I certainly hope TARS is ok. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Has there been any talk about Machinator (TARS)? He’s disappeared before, but obviously returned. He’s such a valuable poster with his incredible volume of updates. Ironically, it looks like his last post may have been regarding the last broadcast of Marv Albert a couple weeks ago. I certainly hope TARS is ok. 

He’s undergoing system upgrades. Should be back online in a few days.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, washparkhorn said:

Does @TahoeHorn have a new handle or is he gone-gone?

There's a contingent that thinks Tahoe is DonkeyCigars but I am 99 percent sure Donkey is the resurrection of Chrispy. This was his avatar before his latest crowdsourcing:

e8cab8dc5ba0d91f2c54ea069bf4ef67.jpg

Same posting style -- shitposts and then whines and swears he'll try to be nicer in the future. Pretends he is here to learn and has this "aw shucks I'm so dumb gee whiz" shtick.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, Vito Andolini said:

So is Machinator still on vacation? I don’t believe I’ve seen him post recently.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:02 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Some names from the Ancient Times:

Kangsta, Sii, Dances w/ Possums, Voodoo Chi|d, LongIslandIceSip, AtxBaby, MrMyke709, SangreNaranjada, SPEED GOAT, Texanne, BongoHorn, Flaco, Suttree, NickDanger, the People's Elbow, Prodigal Horn, Since73, 12thStudStan, and WhooTex, the only name I remember seeing in the past five years.

My apologies if some of y'all are here under those handles; we must not hang out on the same threads. 

Looks like some of them are still active on Hornfans...I get that some of us like comfort zones, but that place is sooooo dead. I guess those are the posters who were already olds when the Shaggy Schism went down. And now many of us are olds now....I can't imagine what it would take for someone to start up a breakaway site that out-raunched or out-assholed this one. (Well, I guess the Fall of Saigon-like chaos of the last days of the Shag would be one blueprint.)

Nick Danger passed away from liver disease, IIRC.  He was critically ill but still posting on hornfans.  His wife and kids were total cunts to him.  His wife use to say shit like "I can't wait for you to die".  

IIRC, TPE went to Med school, and hasn't been heard from since.  Pretty sure that Dances w/Possums has posted here a time or two.  I'll never forget Texanne's reaction to "Mira Sorvino eating an ice cream cone".

On 8/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, Gil Bang said:

Nick Danger passed away from liver disease, IIRC.  He was critically ill but still posting on hornfans.  His wife and kids were total cunts to him.  His wife use to say shit like "I can't wait for you to die".  

IIRC, TPE went to Med school, and hasn't been heard from since.  Pretty sure that Dances w/Possums has posted here a time or two.  I'll never forget Texanne's reaction to "Mira Sorvino eating an ice cream cone".

On 8/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

jesus

That’ll definitely drive a man to drink. RIP.

Edited by troph

On 8/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Gil Bang said:

TPE has to be like 45.  I always thought he had another handle at OB.  Not a lot of 6'5" doctors around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

What happened?

Maybe this. From the Oil Baron thread.

In response to how do you get all your posts wiped.

"Ask for it. Because immamac bans you for Chapelle thread “abusive behavior” toward troph, and you realize along with the Burnt Ends horseshit and terrible management of the site, you’re better off having your posts wiped." Porterhouse

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Maybe this. From the Oil Baron thread.
In response to how do you get all your posts wiped.
"Ask for it. Because immamac bans you for Chapelle thread “abusive behavior” toward troph, and you realize along with the Burnt Ends horseshit and terrible management of the site, you’re better off having your posts wiped." Porterhouse

Lulz

I really like/utilize his O&G insight.  He was going pretty hard to the hoop on Troph, but I don't think it was anything out of line. 

I never could figure out if Rex Kramer came from "Airplane!" or from "The Kentucky Fried Movie."  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I really like/utilize his O&G insight.  He was going pretty hard to the hoop on Troph, but I don't think it was anything out of line. 

I never could figure out if Rex Kramer came from "Airplane!" or from "The Kentucky Fried Movie."  

If he resurfaces that's where I would look. Like a moth to the flame. He could not resist going there.

My favorite moment of his was criticizing airplane passengers on… maybe a SWA flight to Cabo for wearing out of fashion fishing shirts. Not like, wearing fishing shirts (bad fashion!), but wearing the wrong brand of fishing shirts and therefore being garbage. It is somehow even more insane than being mad at the flight attendant who asked him to stop dipping on the plane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favorite moment of his was criticizing airplane passengers on… maybe a SWA flight to Cabo for wearing out of fashion fishing shirts. Not like, wearing fishing shirts (bad fashion!), but wearing the wrong brand of fishing shirts and therefore being garbage. It is somehow even more insane than being mad at the flight attendant who asked him to stop dipping on the plane.

Very on brand.

I don't remember what precipitated the deletion of Rex and donning the Dr. Beeper persona. But, he was still Rex. The person didn't change. He spoke the same. Frequented the same threads with the same opinions. But own up to it? Oh hell no.

Rex's old posts used to say Guest, but I haven't dug around in Oil Barons to find out if they still exist.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

i did. i thought he was borderline threatening, something along the lines if wanting to 'cut a bitch in this thread', which yes, it was a joke line, but given the general tenor of pretty extreme hostility towards her it def seemed threatening. i think that and repeatedly and purposely referring to her with the wrong gender pronouns with the clear intent to inflict emotional harm.

not that she needs me to white-knight for her 😄 i'm just saying as a neutral observer even i felt he crossed the line big time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This hits close to home.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i did. i thought he was borderline threatening, something along the lines if wanting to 'cut a bitch in this thread', which yes, it was a joke line, but given the general tenor of pretty extreme hostility towards her it def seemed threatening. i think that and repeatedly and purposely referring to her with the wrong gender pronouns with the clear intent to inflict emotional harm.

not that she needs me to white-knight for her 😄 i'm just saying as a neutral observer even i felt he crossed the line big time. 

I don’t really read that thread but @trophcan generally handle things. Bitch still won’t give me her dog and I BETTER BE IN HER WILL about that. What a strange website we all enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 2