Gone posters

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

linky pls?

I’m kidding. He presents himself as a staunch defender of the University and its reputation, and would sometimes go ape shit at the slightest hint of racism. Good for him, and I never saw these purported racist posts, but I saw his posts in this forum here complaining on the matters, and I mean APE SHIT. Threatening to use his widespread reach to shut shit down. 

Other than that he was a relatively nice guy though he repeatedly accused me of outing him (I have no idea who he was and don’t care), and was constantly name dropping. Overall, he’s a weirdo and a clown. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I seem to vaguely recall some dust up where one poster sent a bunch of shit to another poster's employer or HR or something trying to fuck with their shit but that feels like it was many years ago. 

It has nothing to with anything like that.  All the rest of the clues are upthread.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:37 PM, burntorangebongos said:

I do. Are you him? Or are you from that splinter board that was run by some guy that was a pest control dude...shit, I can't remember his handle? Jumbo, Brocko, Ganchelos and Judge Roybeanbag were posters there too. We even had Hook Mom and Mojito Ghandi post there for a bit. He went to jail too like Attila but for murder and not for drugs. If you are him, welcome to Surly and hope you are doing better these days. 

was that...Big12 Warzone? crow with knife, ExUTeX, SuperPurpleCat, Purgatory, BigRed...?? 

ETA: and i can't believe Lobo is gone! 😲

85e03541-ff9e-4f64-9a05-7a6f91defb41_text.gif

Edited by mchookem

33 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I think lobo was puddle cruiser then the cruiser previously. At least same posting style and topics. Just when I was ready to put him on ignore he would come up with a gem of a post. 

Bingo.  But there was another one - the name escapes me - from several years back.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

It has nothing to with anything like that.  All the rest of the clues are upthread.

Seriously ? Clues up thread ?  I have a passing interest in knowing why he’s not posting anymore , that’s it, strictly curious. We didn’t have issues, sometimes addressed each other in threads, but  usually didn’t.

Why are people are making some lame little game of where in the worlds is Lobo ?

He either left of his own accord or he didn’t .  Why is is so hard to just say he left because of xxxxx.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Nobody seems to want to tell us, so I’ll play.

We all know that Lobo had some position with the University of Texas. I thought he might be a professor, or maybe a dean. But he gave hints that he may have some higher position based on his access to certain sporting and other university events. He dropped the humblebrag every now and then.

Recently, Lobo (allegedly) ascended to some higher position – somebody upthread used the word “regent” – and he apparently in some late-night posting sword fight shared a little too much personal information that may have been self-doxxing. And at that time, maybe he realized that the university wouldn’t want want to know that the real-life Lobo was expressing certain positions that may or may not accurately reflect those of the university, including but not limited to some of his posts in a thread titled “I’d Pee In Her Butt.”

Or maybe not.

In any event, as notoriously long-winded as Lobo could be, I really liked him, and he was a great member of this community.

Now, if Randall Duke ever asks immamac to scrub his posts, this site will be borked for a solid month.

Thanks…… well damn, that was kinda unexciting.  

Kudos for his ascent up the ivory, academia tower.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

We all know that Lobo had some position with the University of Texas. I thought he might be a professor, or maybe a dean. But he gave hints that he may have some higher position based on his access to certain sporting and other university events. He dropped the humblebrag every now and then.

Recently, Lobo (allegedly) ascended to some higher position – somebody upthread used the word “regent” – and he apparently in some late-night posting sword fight shared a little too much personal information that may have been self-doxxing. And at that time, maybe he realized that the university wouldn’t want want to know that the real-life Lobo was expressing certain positions that may or may not accurately reflect those of the university, including but not limited to some of his posts in a thread titled “I’d Pee In Her Butt.”

Or maybe not.

In any event, as notoriously long-winded as Lobo could be, I really liked him, and he was a great member of this community.

Now, if Randall Duke ever asks immamac to scrub his posts, this site will be borked for a solid month.

Well, heretofore, I think he was not much more than a volunteer serving on various committees and an adjunct or guest lecturer in the business school, as a result of being known to people at the university.  But he was sufficiently involved to rub shoulders with pretty senior officials and pick up some inside information.

For all one might say about Lobo, his volunteerism was admirable.  Especially considering he only went here for a couple of years.

In the past, he had self-doxxed pretty heavily.  I don't recall him being explicitly doxxed, but he seemed to have put plenty of information out there to do it with if anyone was inclined.  And that goes back to at least TOS, if not hornfans.

As "near-doxxed" as he has been for years and as many semi-outrageous posts as he has made over that time (the prison rape tropes come to mind), I find it somewhat difficult to believe that allofasudden he's worried about it.  Stranger things, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Wait, people think Lobo didn't want everyone to know exactly who he was?  All the name-dropping, talk about his various activities at the University and shoulder rubbing with big wigs in Texas politics screamed "I am somebody, damnit.  Go look me up."

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:31 PM, Anastasis said:

Lobo was pretty out there wrt his identify.  He referenced a write up in the Texas Exes publication a few times and dropped enough hints himself that it was pretty clear for anyone that chose to connect dots. 

I need to remember this every time I post.  I'm not important.  But still.

13 hours ago, South Austin said:

Or maybe not.

Relation to the weird double post will be fixed in a couple of days alert?  I mean, don't tell me any secrets (tell secrets).