Gone posters

Damn.  I really liked Lobo.  

For all of the name dropping and humble bragging, I can't recall him ever being outwardly arrogant or condescending to another poster.  Or if he was, it was rare.   I thought that was a refreshing contrast to some of the other "insiders" on this board.   

Sure, brevity wasn't his strength but I always just chalked it up to enthusiasm out of loving the university and this community.  I appreciated that.  

I do recall a kinda odd moment now that I think about it.  My memory could be off but I think immamac was trying to impress a bartender downtown and get a bunch of his friends from his website to join him (narrator-  nobody did).  @ztejas was it you who showed up after imma left, then Lobo said he was going to come through, only to be weird and get a beer by himself and then abruptly leave without saying hi? 

Maybe he just didn't like Z or maybe there already were some doxxing concerns.  Then again, as mentioned above, he did put out a lot of personal information on his own.

Lobo, if you're reading-  hope you make your way back.  And sorry you lost IPIHB access. 

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We spend a lot of money (and use airplanes) to avoid this

Like the landowners who salt their truffle treasure troves?

Smart.

Fresh huitlacoche is soft and velvety, where the canned version is black and more liquid. The flavor is smoky and earthy, with a taste like mushrooms mixed with corn. In Mexico you will find baskets of fresh huitlacoche in the farmers markets.

Instead, huitlacoche is a prized edible delight. Its price on the market—about $15 to $20 per pound—reflects huitlacoche's culinary status.

image.thumb.gif.8f8d5e4cc8198a4989780d989536d172.gif

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

I apologize. I confess to being a frustrated consumer, more piqued with the absence of Gulf Coast bottarga, and a comparable Texas Parma ham, and the utter lack of the culinarily choice, and indisputably erotically named, native mushroom, Clitocybe nuda. 

Texas argan oil has a foothold. Thanks be.

Still, don’t sleep on Mexican truffles.

Edited by Willfully Horn

Well that public apology I got from him makes more sense now.  Covering his tracks I see.  Well played Lobo, well played.

We all will eventually have to move on from here and I feel like it will be like a boat purchase.  Thank God it's gone.

Seriously though, if you are reading this in some guest capacity, I wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

mushrooms aren't a vegetable

You're a vegetable (you're a vegetable)
Still they hate you (still they hate you)
You're just a buffet (you're just a buffet, you're a vegetable)
They eat off of you (they eat off of you, you're a vegetable)
You're a vegetable, ow!

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You're a vegetable, ow!

A little late to the 420 Day party I see...

No idea why he nuked himself and don’t care, but he was exactly the kind of guy that wanted everyone to know who he was. The most self important guy on this board. But people wanna remember him fondly for “volunteerism”. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

No idea why he nuked himself and don’t care, but he was exactly the kind of guy that wanted everyone to know who he was. The most self important guy on this board. But people wanna remember him fondly for “volunteerism”. Lol. 

Do you drink your own titty milk?  Asking for no one in particular.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, South Austin said:

You're a vegetable, ow!

Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
The vegetable will respond to you

• Hook 'Em 1

So somebody catch me up here. I spent the better part of the last four days drunk in Charleston. Lobo self-immolated hisself and is gone? Guest-Lobo is not the OG Lobo posting after his regular handle got nuked? Or did I pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue and doing amphetamines?

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

So somebody catch me up here. I spent the better part of the last four days drunk in Charleston. Lobo self-immolated hisself and is gone? Guest-Lobo is not the OG Lobo posting after his regular handle got nuked? Or did I pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue and doing amphetamines?

Yes

On 4/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Lobo and I don’t agree on much.  But he’s funny and not a mean person.  I’ve repped a lot of his posts.  

I heard he went to Ukraine.  Millions of displaced people there who have nowhere to go and must sit and listen when he gets all loquacious. 

Might these be the dots: https://www.kltv.com/2022/04/25/longview-attorney-appointed-court-appeals/

By KLTV Digital Media Staff
Published: Apr. 25, 2022 at 3:33 PM CDT

From the Office of Governor Greg Abbott

AUSTIN, Texas - Governor Greg Abbott has appointed L. Charles van Cleef to the Sixth Court of Appeals, Place 3, for a term set to expire on December 31, 2022, or until his successor shall be duly elected and qualified.

Charles van Cleef of Longview is an attorney and has 30 years of experience in state and federal courts, including both trial and appellate law. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit Court, and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Additionally, he is a former member of the Gregg County Bail Bond Board and the Tyler Planning and Zoning Committee. Van Cleef received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of Texas at Austin and a Juris Doctor degree from South Texas College of Law.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Might these be the dots: https://www.kltv.com/2022/04/25/longview-attorney-appointed-court-appeals/

AUSTIN, Texas - Governor Greg Abbott has appointed L. Charles van Cleef to the Sixth Court of Appeals, Place 3, for a term set to expire on December 31, 2022, or until his successor shall be duly elected and qualified.

Charles van Cleef of Longview is an attorney and has 30 years of experience in state and federal courts, including both trial and appellate law. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit Court, and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Additionally, he is a former member of the Gregg County Bail Bond Board and the Tyler Planning and Zoning Committee. Van Cleef received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of Texas at Austin and a Juris Doctor degree from South Texas College of Law.

19 minutes ago, Matuka said:

so this is Lobo??

Image result for lee van cleef

Negative. 

13 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

If you mean, is that Lobo, I don't think so.  I don't believe he was a lawyer, and he lives in Austin, not Longview.

16 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

why are you trying to doxx people? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

There is a poster on surly that posts very normal stuff, but then will inexplicably go off the deep end for some minor issue. He will threaten the offending poster with a fate worse than death, implying he has access to resources that will destroy the person’s life. These bizarre rants show up about once every two months. I could have sworn it was Lobo. I must have him confused with someone else. 

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There is a poster on surly that posts very normal stuff, but then will inexplicably go off the deep end for some minor issue. He will threaten the offending poster with a fate worse than death, implying he has access to resources that will destroy the person’s life. These bizarre rants show up about once every two months. I could have sworn it was Lobo. I must have him confused with someone else. 

brisket, maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

cr people are fucking animals, my god

20 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Saudi Arabia is a relatively minor oil player for Germany. And the thing they really need is gas, which Saudi Arabia doesn't export. I don't see how increased SA production is really going to move the needle as the infrastructure isn't even there to get what is needed to Europe. If we are talking long-term, then getting LNG facilities in Germany is much better play because then we can be the supplier. 

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't claim to be an expert. But getting further in bed with SA doesn't seem to solve anything and just creates more problems. 

abell46s-no.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4