Gone posters

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Link to his posts that caused this??

Incessantly posted about how terrible Terry is and swore we’d get bounced first game in the Big 12 tourney. We win big 12 tourney, then he said we got lucky and would get bounced round one in March madness. Nope, round 2. Nope, now he was sorry about it all and found Jesus and he shut up. Then we lose yesterday and he starts shitposting about Terry again. 

TLDR, he’s a giant bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Incessantly posted about how terrible Terry is and swore we’d get bounced first game in the Big 12 tourney. We win big 12 tourney, then he said we got lucky and would get bounced round one in March madness. Nope, round 2. Nope, now he was sorry about it all and found Jesus and he shut up. Then we lose yesterday and he starts shitposting about Terry again. 

Lol…I figured it was Cloakroom related.
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Odd part was he, and I know a couple of posters vouched for him said "my bad, I'm going through some shit, Rodney deserves the job" and he even defended Rodney in a couple of posts.

Like is it the losing or the substance abuse.  He needed to go

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, HonkeyVape said:

What is @Onboard 2.0new name? He was posting daily 10-12x a day until end of April and abruptly stopped. I didn't see an Onboard3.0. Who's path did he get crossways with to go into the Victim Hideout and change name program?

What happened to HonkeyVape.  He just up and quit posting one day.

But seriously, there was a guy named ScoPro -- maybe as far back as Hornfans.  All I remember is the name, not much about the posting style.

15 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What happened to HonkeyVape.  He just up and quit posting one day.

But seriously, there was a guy named ScoPro -- maybe as far back as Hornfans.  All I remember is the name, not much about the posting style.

lol, Animal Tobbaco is like herpes, he may be gone momentarily, but you just can’t get rid of him.

Isn’t ScoPro @Armybrat? I seem to remember that being his name on the CityData forum, unless I’m misremembering. I thought his son posted for a short while as sonofscopro or something similar on the Shag.

Could be very wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

lol, Animal Tobbaco is like herpes, he may be gone momentarily, but you just can’t get rid of him.

Isn’t ScoPro @Armybrat? I seem to remember that being his name on the CityData forum, unless I’m misremembering. I thought his son posted for a short while as sonofscopro or something similar on the Shag.

Could be very wrong.

You could be absolutely correct.

and so is Bullneck.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, UnivTex34 said:

I have a suspicion that Frank Drebin is Sack’s new handle.

Edit: yeah, I’m pretty much certain. Sacks last post was 10/28, Drebin’s posting took off the same day. Details match on things both have posted. It’s him.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:05 PM, immamac said:

IP Check confirmed. 

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What happened to JohnnySack?  I have a legit, real life, grocery store question for him.  

Read the thread, and all will be answered.

Ah yes, rings a bell.  I'll PM him.  

I guess I don't ever check out hornfans or orangebloods, I'm sure a lot of folks I used to post with just stayed at those places.  But I think back to discovering the 360/statesman or whatever it was in like '98/'99 while living in California.  It was a great way to stay connected to UT.  And some of those folks turned me onto LonghornFanZone around 2000.  Then like 5 other iterations of everything from hornfans to that one that was more like facebook (late 2000s).  But I forget sometimes that some of those folks I met online and IRL all the way back then (25 years ago), some of them were already 35-45+.  Just surreal to think those of us fresh outta UT back then are 45-50, and the older end of the original old-timers are like 70+ now.  Weird to think about, but here we are. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, YGIFS said:

Ah yes, rings a bell.  I'll PM him.  

I guess I don't ever check out hornfans or orangebloods, I'm sure a lot of folks I used to post with just stayed at those places.  But I think back to discovering the 360/statesman or whatever it was in like '98/'99 while living in California.  It was a great way to stay connected to UT.  And some of those folks turned me onto LonghornFanZone around 2000.  Then like 5 other iterations of everything from hornfans to that one that was more like facebook (late 2000s).  But I forget sometimes that some of those folks I met online and IRL all the way back then (25 years ago), some of them were already 35-45+.  Just surreal to think those of us fresh outta UT back then are 45-50, and the older end of the original old-timers are like 70+ now.  Weird to think about, but here we are. 

The fact that I found you assholes in the UGL in 1995 at the age of 20 and now I’m nearly 50 is shocking or appalling or maybe both. Fml.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Liar.  No way you would have ever found me in a library!

Yeah, if my math is correct, I've been a member about 23.5 years (half my life) on some sort if Longhorn message board.  And the other half not on a Longhorn message board website, with a few 6-mos hiatuses here and there over the years.  Never tempted to join myspace, twitter, facebook, instagram, reddit, snapchat, pinterest, or tiktok.  Have an old linkedin page for a previous employer and you surly bastards.  

But levity aside, it's weird to think about this mass of us adopting the original sites in late 90's/early 00's.  A vast majority of the posters/tailgate attendees/et. al. mainly between 25-35 at the time.  Meaning ~25+ years from now, there's gonna be hundreds of us dying every single year.  Kind of a bummer.  But been a run ride, hopefully we're not even halfway done yet. Also doing well at football would certainly help take the fucking sting off this shit.