Gone posters

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 3:06 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Wulaw fucking sucked as much as jt. Good riddance if neither come back.

I'll never, ever forget jt sincerely trying to argue that anyone who didn't want Highland Park to repeat as state champions last year was racist against white people. He also called Adam Jones a liar for the Fenway incident because "people don't say racist things out loud" or something. A moron of the highest order, that guy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 2:30 PM, Helobious said:

I'll never, ever forget jt sincerely trying to argue that anyone who didn't want Highland Park to repeat as state champions last year was racist against white people. He also called Adam Jones a liar for the Fenway incident because "people don't say racist things out loud" or something. A moron of the highest order, that guy. 

That guy was a fucking beating.  Where did fchorn go?  You don't just go from 500,000 posts to dropping off the interwebz...wonder what board he's shitting all over these days. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:40 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Where's FC Horn?

On 10/30/2018 at 9:22 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Maybe he's sharing a cell with TOR?

If not that, he's probably gawking in the shadows as a voyeur.  

Only needed to go back a page - but this fucking nails it.  That SOB TOR was a legit headcase.  Would not surprise me in the least if he was busted diddling little boys.  Nutjobs. 

On 12/30/2018 at 2:30 PM, Helobious said:

Wait I thought JT had all the pics of doin lines of blow off some girls’ twats?  Seemed pretty cool to me.  Or do I have the wrong guy?

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

People who say frat probably wore jorts for an extended period and likely have a hipster mustache now. 

Those would be the assholes in line at Franklins and other restaurants creating lines longer than Space Mountain on a good day bc they saw it on Facebook/ whatever the fuck and taking selfies. Those with the hipster mustaches and skinny jeans with a “worlds gonna end in 12 years” attitude hypocrits getting their Starbucks and running into a rural Walmart to use the bathroom types?

Just a thought but maybe some of the gone posters aren’t really gone just a) never found surly or (b) here but reinvented themselves (c) didn’t like how the whole shaggy deal went down and went elsewhere but are just lurking? 

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Just a thought but maybe some of the gone posters aren’t really gone just a) never found surly or (b) here but reinvented themselves (c) didn’t like how the whole shaggy deal went down and went elsewhere but are just lurking? 

Que?  A) two second google search after viewing the scat/desolation on shaggy should be enough for any above mobgoloid iq poster to find surly.  B ) some .. sure, but I’d guess most if not all, gave a heads up that they’d been around but changed their name; so, while the intertrons might not remember, someone here would and the number falling under this catorgory would be small C ) didn’t like what? That shag lost a suit so they said “fuck the shag I’ll never share again bc they lost a suit?” Maybe, ok... but weird thing about the shag/surl. almost all the same folk keep coming back.  There is something inherently “American” about being able to tell your neighbor to fuck off and still have a beer with them later. Self policing, no censorship, with hands off moderation seems very .. patriotic in a way. We aren’t perfect but damn it, we are free to speak our god damn minds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, achooloco said:

Que?  A) two second google search after viewing the scat/desolation on shaggy should be enough for any above mobgoloid iq poster to find surly.  B ) some .. sure, but I’d guess most if not all, gave a heads up that they’d been around but changed their name; so, while the intertrons might not remember, someone here would and the number falling under this catorgory would be small C ) didn’t like what? That shag lost a suit so they said “fuck the shag I’ll never share again bc they lost a suit?” Maybe, ok... but weird thing about the shag/surl. almost all the same folk keep coming back.  There is something inherently “American” about being able to tell your neighbor to fuck off and still have a beer with them later. Self policing, no censorship, with hands off moderation seems very .. patriotic in a way. We aren’t perfect but damn it, we are free to speak our god damn minds.

Maybe a few got tired of the mobgoloid mentality. I don't know, I just had to use that word in a sentence.

• Like 1

Did a charity event in Austin with JT years ago right before the KU game 08 or 09, I forget. It was my first experience actually meeting a Shagster in reality..and I even brought my wife.  Daring or wreckless...IDK.

Dude had a genuine desire to help our troops and for that I was grateful enough to come over from H-town just to help with his event.  He put his money where his mouth was, which is more than you can say for a lot of folks on here.

Edited by slorch

I wonder how many of you I've met in the wild and not know it. I moved to the Houston area (okay, the greater Houston area) from OKC over 3 years ago and possibly ran across at least 1 or 2 of you at a work or social event.

Edited by Leamas

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Yeah I was there too, and jt is still a douchebag. I should know better than anyone here that donating to the troops or otherwise being a cool dude away from shaggy won't magically erase the way you comport yourself and the way you treat other people here. 

You were not at the one I did, but cool if you helped out on one.

And yes, behavior in the real world trumps how people talk on a message board.  i didn't say this one event made him a saint.  I said there was more substance in what he did than what a lot of folks are willing to do on the board.

Maybe for another thread, but how do I treat people here?  dare to disagree with them?  LOlz.  What have I ever done to a fellow Shagster/ Surlist that was shitty behavior?

You've got nothin, bro.  And I've talked/ shared through lots of hardships/ situations through the years that actually helped folks.  just because i call bullshit on bullshit ideas or takes doesn't mean i dislike the person.  If they want to be fucking real and get past their politics/ crutches; I'm always game to have a real discussion. If they cling to their excuses, we're likely to always disagree.

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, slorch said:

You were not at the one I did, but cool if you helped out on one.

And yes, behavior in the real world trumps how people talk on a message board.  i didn't say this one event made him a saint.  I said there was more substance in what he did than what a lot of folks are willing to do on the board.

Maybe for another thread, but how do I treat people here?  dare to disagree with them?  LOlz.  What have I ever done to a fellow Shagster/ Surlist that was shitty behavior?

You've got nothin, bro.  And I've talked/ shared through lots of hardships/ situations through the years that actually helped folks.  just because i call bullshit on bullshit ideas or takes doesn't mean i dislike the person.  If they want to be fucking real and get past their politics/ crutches; I'm always game to have a real discussion. If they cling to their excuses, we're likely to always disagree.

I was at the one you did if it's as you described in your previous post. It was around March or April of 09, a benefit for the troops at Molotov on W Sixth. I came and donated and hung out for a while, mostly with SmoothLonghorn. I was there for a little over an hour. 

I lurked for a few years before signing up in 2011, so I’m still a newb but the thought of actually meeting any of you assholes makes me nervous...like I’m going to run into my own, depressing self

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me

i've easily met 50+ shagsters in real life and have had overwhelmingly good experiences, even developed a couple lasting friendships. my experience is that most people here are decent enough to bury the hatchet when meeting another shagster in person. hell, i've met thujone, longhorngirlie, grendel, and other notorious members, not to mention partied with the likes of NL, 04, and hitby. Shag folks are largely good people. 

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i've easily met 50+ shagsters in real life and have had overwhelmingly good experiences, even developed a couple lasting friendships. my experience is that most people here are decent enough to bury the hatchet when meeting another shagster in person. hell, i've met thujone, longhorngirlie, grendel, and other notorious members, not to mention partied with the likes of NL, 04, and hitby. Shag folks are largely good people. 

Yep. I have met a bunch of you fuckers and always have a good time. Hell a couple of the houston posters kept my ass out of jail once

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Two years ago I sat next to one of you at that wine bar at Bergstrom.  Surfing Shag.  I thought about saying hi but...felt weird and I wasn't sure if I had called you a cunt in a neg rep.  

careful what you call us, Sir...might be inclined to take offense.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, Goo Punch said:

I was at the one you did if it's as you described in your previous post. It was around March or April of 09, a benefit for the troops at Molotov on W Sixth. I came and donated and hung out for a while, mostly with SmoothLonghorn. I was there for a little over an hour. 

Did he make it over here?