Studio Ghibli

MoJames

1 hour ago, Stringer said:

Last week's family movie night we did "My Neighbor Totoro".  The 6 year old really liked it and the 3 year old liked it, but got real emotional when the little girl got lost.

What else in the catalogue would be appropriate for a 3 and 6 year old?

Mine are 4 and 2.  They love Ponyo, Porco Rosso and Kiki's delivery service.  

All on HBO Max

Edited by EvilCaseMcCoy

4 hours ago, Stringer said:

Last week's family movie night we did "My Neighbor Totoro".  The 6 year old really liked it and the 3 year old liked it, but got real emotional when the little girl got lost.

What else in the catalogue would be appropriate for a 3 and 6 year old?

My kids (both under 10) love My Neighbor Totoro, and it seems to be our go-to movie for chilling everybody out.

If you're in Austin, there is this little cluster of Asian shops/restaurants over on North Lamar and Airport, and there's a bookstore, https://usa.kinokuniya.com, that has a shitload of Studio Ghibli stuff, including a large stuffed Totoro doll, all of the movies, lots of books/art books about Ghibli stuff, etc.

https://goo.gl/maps/pnoatVSWTv883R6n9

• Like 1

Yeah, Totoro is probably the best one that isn't potentially scary for young kids. Another one not mentioned yet is Castle in the Sky, an older but gorgeous film that is isn't nearly as dark as some of them. 

At least I don't remember anything too dark in it, I sometimes miss chunks because I'm cooking or reading surly.