This Thanksgiving and Christmas, hold your lie believing misinformation MAGA Relatives accountable!

horn4life

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I got luck this year, the closest we got to politics was my dad blaming save our springs in the 80’s for all of Austin’s traffic problems. There’s always Xmas!

Fucking salamanders, get off my lawn!  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, washparkhorn said:

I might send her into a catatonic state by multiplying the number of inputs entering her oven

Damn.... we need to hear more about how you guys roll. Feel free to move the conversation to our butt pee board. 

Pretty unscathed, except some lady (cousin in laws mother) that looks like Kris Jenner rolled up in a new Denali and cornered my very liberal daughter to tell her how she was born again, gave up a kidney for someone, and how my daughter needed to stay away from big cities and embrace traditional family values. (Basically, move to rural Louisiana, buy a big piece of dirt, and stay away from brown people.)

My suspicion is that small branch of that family just keeps committing hide the assets bankruptcy games to look as successful as possible while staying leveraged to the tits, but I may be wrong.

Their son (our host) has a nice double wide on 120+ acres, former very brief pro rodeo guy and his sons (Bear and Charlie) who are 7 and 9 can ride and rope their asses off. I was impressed and jealous as hell because those kids are growing up in heaven. They even have 50 head to practice herding and countless goats to rope.

The newborn’s (my wife’s godson) first and middle names are Augustus "Gus" McCrae. No joke. Nice nod to McMurtry.

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't even know where to file this one. Have never seen this before but I am appalled. Oh, I get that some folks would think this was funny, but let's just be clear that no, it really isn't. And if the Mom was the one who organized the photo? Good grief and have some self-awareness. That little girl on the bottom right looks like she is having SO much fun there Dad.

An

• Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I didn't even know where to file this one. Have never seen this before but I am appalled. Oh, I get that some folks would think this was funny, but let's just be clear that no, it really isn't. And if the Mom was the one who organized the photo? Good grief and have some self-awareness. That little girl on the bottom right looks like she is having SO much fun there Dad.

An

That is shameful and embarrassing on multiple fronts.

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait, is that really a thing?  Like, muzzling women as a joke has been an ongoing thing in the evangelical world for more than this tweet?

I don't know, it was a random tweet that an account I check on retweeted and I had a wth moment because it was new to me as well. So, I looked around this morning and apparently the top left photo is from 2015 and that family asked a local photographer in Louisiana to do the shoot. It sparked a lot of backlash (I guess, I missed it), and predictably  some folks must have decided (rather like the posing with weapons Christmas photos) to keep it going. I don't have Face/Meta/Pintrest etc but in some circles, I guess it's a thing now?

• 3 weeks later...

Well kids thought I would give this a bump (not the 80's variety).  Now we have had a few weeks of downward trajectory of the Trump train.  Not that the true believers will ever say there were wrong, mistaken, of fooled like rubes.  What you are going to gradually hear, is that... they supported Trumps policies... but he's changed...  Or pull a page out of Trump's playbook and say "Trump? I don't even know who that is?"

But that's next Christmas.  This Christmas will be the first free for all since covid, and the same folks that ALWAYS want to talk politics will have a tough time not regurgitating the propaganda of Fox News as their own thought.  But you still need to be ready, to inject factual information.  I think the best questions should focus on "I know you were outraged that Hillary had some confidential emails on her private server. But what do you think about Trump stealing documents and all the empty Top Secret files folders without any contents?

You may also hear some forward looking attacks on Hunter Biden who may very well be guilty of something unrelated to President Biden.  Ask them. "I understand your concern about Hunter.  What do you think about Jared Kushner refusing to turn over his communications with the Saudi Government, and receiving $2 billion from the murderer Prince? Do you think the new Republican congress should investigate that?"  Their head will probably explode if they know any factual information. But more likely will be... I don't know about that (because I only listen to propaganda).

Anyhow hopefully some relatives are slowly beginning to realize they have been fucking idiots, but to admit such means... they are fucking idiots.  But hope Springs eternal!  Hang in there kids and do you part to save Democracy!

Edited by horn4life

So, good news: my wife's uncle finally retired his "I have a black friend, and these have been the most prosperous, 6-digit income years of his life after being down on his luck for the previous 8 years" story that he repeats to everyone he sees this time of year for 5 consecutive years.

I can only imagine that, with the new administration, his imaginary black friend probably offed himself out of shame for what this country has become.

Her uncle is the dude at a party that tells a super lazy "ball and chain" wife/woman joke, everybody gives a half-hearted courtesy chuckle and then rolls their eyes...then he proceeds to tell another dozen over the course of the night with his wife burning holes in him with her eyes.

Tonight he dressed up as Santa and left the kids with, "Santa has to go. Lots of new boys and girls crossing the border every day that apparently get presents too." How the fuck is that appropriate?

Other than the mostly harmless racism and sexism, he's actually a relatively nice old dude. But they're all just so fucking broken.

• Rage+1 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

An

Who is worse the Dad that thinks it is funny or the Mom that thinks it is funny and posts it?  

My sister’s FIL is the worst MAGA idiot on the planet.  Just a broken human.  Grew up in Highland Park, can no longer afford to live there, but still acts like he lives there.   I very politely told my sister that if he brought up politics during the prayer, which he has done for a while now, that we would be leaving.  She told me it was addressed, but he couldn’t help himself.  We left.  Thankfully dinner was the nightcap and we got to watch the nieces and nephews open their presents and all of the other fun xmas stuff.  Currently drinking bourbon and eating leftover brisket tamales at home.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Yesterday I learned that pretty much all US military vehicles are made in China, and that the military aid we're sending Ukraine is just getting taken by Russia immediately. 

I can't wait for today's knowledge bombs!

Well, the bullets that we are sending to Ukraine are being "taken" by the Russians, this much is true.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/11/2022 at 10:19 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Just found out my qanon in-law who has literally screamed at relatives who are vaccinated for harming her with their protein shedding or whatever and gotten angry at us for vaccinating our kids against childhood illnesses that used to kill kids...is diabetic and on insulin (and still unemployed which means her dad and step-mom are footing the bill).

I don't like shirring shit up with relatives at family gatherings, but If she goes on another anti-vaccine/anti-big Pharma rant...I'm.....

the cook GIF

checking in..... did you roast and eat the in-law?

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

My sister’s FIL is the worst MAGA idiot on the planet.  Just a broken human.  Grew up in Highland Park, can no longer afford to live there, but still acts like he lives there.   I very politely told my sister that if he brought up politics during the prayer, which he has done for a while now, that we would be leaving.  She told me it was addressed, but he couldn’t help himself.  We left.  Thankfully dinner was the nightcap and we got to watch the nieces and nephews open their presents and all of the other fun xmas stuff.  Currently drinking bourbon and eating leftover brisket tamales at home.

Someone made political comments while they led a Christmas dinner prayer? Your sister’s husband needs to grow a pair and talk with his dad.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Did you wait until the "prayer" was over? Or did asshole say amen, open his eyes, and see two empty chairs? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

My dad's wife does that shit. No subtlety whatsoever. Her prayers include hoping the entire country "rids itself of liberals and LGTBQRSTUV nonsense*." Just completely unacceptable, divisive judgement and hate. (Save that shit for message boards). We make a point to start eating the millisecond our butts hit the seats to never give her a chance, since it's about the closest we can get to a "fuck you" without causing drama.

How fucked up do you have to be to blatantly share your politics in prayer? In someone else's house? When I'm sure they've inferred by now that our politics don't align with their bullshit.

Then you realize that their messaging and rhetoric comes directly from their church, and it makes a lot more sense.

*Fun fact: her adult daughter came out as gay in the past few years.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

My dad's wife does that shit. No subtlety whatsoever. Her prayers include hoping the entire country "rids itself of liberals and LGTBQRSTUV nonsense*." Just completely unacceptable, divisive judgement and hate. (Save that shit for message boards). We make a point to start eating the millisecond our butts hit the seats to never give her a chance, since it's about the closest we can get to a "fuck you" without causing drama.

How fucked up do you have to be to blatantly share your politics in prayer? In someone else's house? When I'm sure they've inferred by now that our politics don't align with their bullshit.

Then you realize that their messaging and rhetoric comes directly from their church, and it makes a lot more sense.

*Fun fact: her adult daughter came out as gay in the past few years.

Ok, bolded part makes a huge difference. I would interrupt that shit mid-sentence, no question. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ok, bolded part makes a huge difference. I would interrupt that shit mid-sentence, no question. 

Oh, for sure. It only happened once in our house. When we barely knew her and had no idea it was coming. I mentioned it to my dad (whose politics aren't any better these days, but he at least has some fucking manners...until he's a few drinks in later in the night), and she hasn't volunteered since.

The preemptively eating before prayer occurs at their house when we can feel it coming (after midterm elections, for instance). Didn't drive 6 hours to subject my family to that shit. And it's become a fun inside joke.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We are free of drama this season, staying at home with a dog and a cat, neither of whom know or care about politics.

In the past we had some fun times, wife's two sisters were political opposites as if they'd been written for a sit-com script, it was live at times.

I talk to my elderly mom a lot, and she is not given to wild beliefs and doesn't know what Fox News is. But once in a while she blurts out some Hannity-ish talking point and I can tell she got it from a friend or a cousin. I'll just walk her back through it patiently. She surprised me by voting for Doug Jones against Tuberville just all on her own, she said he seemed like he'd done OK and didn't feel anything for "That Football Coach."

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

We are free of drama this season, staying at home with a dog and a cat, neither of whom know or care about politics.

In the past we had some fun times, wife's two sisters were political opposites as if they'd been written for a sit-com script, it was live at times.

I talk to my elderly mom a lot, and she is not given to wild beliefs and doesn't know what Fox News is. But once in a while she blurts out some Hannity-ish talking point and I can tell she got it from a friend or a cousin. I'll just walk her back through it patiently. She surprised me by voting for Doug Jones against Tuberville just all on her own, she said he seemed like he'd done OK and didn't feel anything for "That Football Coach."

Roll Tide.

• Drool 1