LED light bulbs

Chewbacca

I went the GE route back in 2015 when we moved into a new house.  Never replaced a bulb in the 3 years we lived here.

Did the same thing in our current house in Feb. 2019.  I've replaced one bulb, which was just a few weeks ago.  

Our house has a ton of different fixtures and bulb types, and I was very specific in what rooms or lights have what temp.  GE has the proper bulb with different color-temp options for just about everything, even some of the oddball specialty ones.  

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
13 hours ago, TeeDubya said:
I've actually had decent luck with the Feit BR40 and PAR38 I've picked up at Costco.  The standard shape Cree 9W LEDs I bought at Home Depot five years ago are still burning strongly. 

Costco LEDs are the worst offenders in my experience.

Take them back

41 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

Tell me more about this, please?

These are the ones I have:

Luxrite 5/6 Inch LED Recessed Retrofit Downlight, Trim (6 Pack) https://a.co/d/7cWRfWt

They sell them at Home Depot as well in 4pks. Install was like minute each tops. HD has install directions. Likely a video online too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These are the ones I have:
Luxrite 5/6 Inch LED Recessed Retrofit Downlight, Trim (6 Pack) https://a.co/d/7cWRfWt
They sell them at Home Depot as well in 4pks. Install was like minute each tops. HD has install directions. Likely a video online too.

I’ll second this. Installed these in enclosed cans in a closet where the LED bulbs kept burning out. Cheap, easy install. I am gruntled. Plan to replace the rest of the cans in the house when I run through my stockpile of bulbs.

On this note, anyone have a good recommendation for LED Christmas lights? We just bought some C9 LED lights from home depot-advertised as 2X super bright!

They are extremely dim.  I assume they're 2X brighter than absolute darkness, but yeah.  Taking them back today. Yes, after I spent 3 hours putting them up yesterday.  

Also, I'm extremely cheap. So keep that in mind with your recommendations.