Arch Manning starts for this team next year.

Ghost of Shag

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Remember the message boards in 03? Vince should move to receiver or TE. We were losing Roy Williams and crew. Whatever were we gonna do? Makes me laugh thinking about all the people who will never admit they were on the move VY to receiver train. I am sure a lot of those people are posting here. Those were the days....sigh

Hell, Colt got a lot of grief after that 2007 season.  18 interceptions that year if I remember correctly.

48 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hell, Colt got a lot of grief after that 2007 season.  18 interceptions that year if I remember correctly.

Ah yes. The 07 season. Three losses in the Big12 that year, 18 picks, and he was a sophomore with J Charles in the backfield. I remember we were doomed that year. The sky was falling then too until it wasn't. Came out and went 12-1 the next year with no Jamaal Charles. 

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Ah yes. The 07 season. Three losses in the Big12 that year, 18 picks, and he was a sophomore with J Charles in the backfield. I remember we were doomed that year. The sky was falling then too until it wasn't. Came out and went 12-1 the next year with no Jamaal Charles. 

Lost Finley too.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Remember the message boards in 03? Vince should move to receiver or TE. We were losing Roy Williams and crew. Whatever were we gonna do? Makes me laugh thinking about all the people who will never admit they were on the move VY to receiver train. I am sure a lot of those people are posting here. Those were the days....sigh

Don’t forget that Mack Brown was about to be run out of town until that same VY saved his ass.

Coach February. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

Somehow Sark needs to impress upon Ewers that his 1.000 rating by a bunch of jerkoffs who fawn over teenage boys for a living isn't going to carry him at this level. He looks completely lost and devoid of proper mental preparation in a lot of these games. 

If he doesn't sign his commitment to the team and spends all summer chasing the muff around again we're fucked next year too. Maybe the embarrassment of being the loser who is responsible for 2 of the conference losses now will wake his young ass up. If it doesn't then nothing will. 

And for fucks sake shave off that fucking mullet. 

• Rage+1 1

I was as mad about the offense on Saturday as anyone else but I can't imagine throwing freshman after freshman out there and hoping it looks better is the answer.  We need to develop a QB room that the freshman have a year or two to learn the offense and have more control over it.  It's clear Ewers doesn't have the Authority yet to audible and it looks like on most plays he has 1 maybe 2 reads he is allowed to make.  He wasn't great throwing the ball Saturday but we also aren't calling plays that allow him to gain any confidence.  It's a run play or a deep ball on almost every play.  Ewers has a great effortless release.  Maybe this is who he is or maybe he still has a lot of room to develop.  I think we gotta give him some time to develop.  Now he knows what a college season takes.  Let's see where he goes from here.  I don't think we will see any more immediate success by throwing another freshman quarterback in and not giving anybody a chance to develop and improve.  

Edited by chemHORN