Who is next?

Pancho

7 hours ago, F250 said:

1. Rhule can build a winning program and heavily recruit Texas. I recall him being ranked as the most trustworthy cfb coach in Texas by the THSCA back when he was at Baylor and the dude wasn't from Texas.

2. Traylor, dude is straight up a football coach and a member of the THSCA.

3. Patterson has always done more with less.

Rhule will likely be picked up by next season but other than Penn State, nobody should be able to keep him from Texas.

Traylor would be crazy to not jump at the Texas job.

Gary, should be a last choice.

I'm torn on order of #1/#2 but good with either. Traylor just screams Texas football. I'd love to have his passion as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Satchel said:

Seems some here are determined to do the wilderness wanderings a la Nebraska, Auburn and a host of other programs that change coaches every two or three years.

As opposed to hiring a mediocre head coach, watching him be bad to mediocre here, and blindingly hoping against all objective evidence that he’s gonna magically turn it around because right now we just need better players that try harder? That seems like survivorman type wilderness to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm torn on order of #1/#2 but good with either. Traylor just screams Texas football. I'd love to have his passion as well.

Agree. On surface he has a Herman feel but he’s actually an adult.  And people actually like him.   And respect him.  Like high school coaches.  Also he’s not a drunk like herm

9 hours ago, Gigglebush said:

Can we get Herman back with Sark in the booth and Patterson as DC?

I think it's likely we end up getting Coach Bro when the Cardinals dump him a few years from now.

I’d think at some point Patterson would strangle Herman from behind with a headset. Also herm would be a bad influence on sober Steve.  So it’s a yes for me

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ewers just needs more time.

Fuck that!  Players get ONE season, coaches get ONE full recruiting class.  If they can't win a conference title with that then you replace them.  THAT'S the Texas way.  We're Texas!!!!

Edited by TriStone
Original wasn't stupid enough
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Texas is the oil tycoon that tries to be Mr. Nice guy. 

Traylor, although seems like an awesome guy just isn't ready for a job the size of Texas. Hiring up and comers has put us where we are. They come in and start trying to run the program like they're still the disrespected small fry. Words like "rebuild, develop, time" Blah blah blah. Every other Big time coach/ program has shown that's complete bullshit. 

It's time to stop fucking around and go poach a proven winner and spend whatever it takes to get it done. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Man, imagine if you let the person who you hired to do a job do the job that you hired them to do. Then if it doesn't work out you can fire them and find someone else who you think will do the job better. What a novel fucking concept.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

It literally does not matter. We will hire some shitty coach because they fit our "image" and the BMDs will pat each other on the butt on a job well done. Maybe get a consulting firm or three involved, and we'll be right back here in three years. CDC is a loser, Sark is a loser, the big money guys are fucking losers. This University can not and will not do what it takes to win and everyone might as well just get comfortable with that. Our culture won't allow us to hire winners who happen to like fingerbanging co-eds like Urban, so we settle for losers like Sark. Well guess what - our fucking culture is just losing. That's it. That's our culture. Fucking losers who lose.

CDC hate is fucking stupid. Rest of the athletic program is killing it. Oh, and he wanted Dykes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

i love the aggy bomc which says the dallas media is the worst

did this article say one word about our lights-out defensive performances?

"ewers didn't hit x/y/z" actually he did over and over and over.  ewers was on target other than the deep balls over worthy.  if his receivers CATCH THE FUCKING BALL we win.

how about kurt launching this attack on gameday?

does aggy own the statesman?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

fix the offensive line and great things will happen here

i still don't understand why we don't pull 2 guys to pave the way for bijan go right, left, right, left.

what about all the window dressing to set up flips and slants

when you are losing the box man to man you have to disguise the creation of a numerical advantage at the point of attack

i've seen sark call it once or twice in the first half every game and then never goes back to it

/loud noises

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i still don't understand why we don't pull 2 guys to pave the way for bijan go right, left, right, left.

what about all the window dressing to set up flips and slants

when you are losing the box man to man you have to disguise the creation of a numerical advantage at the point of attack

i've seen sark call it once or twice in the first half every game and then never goes back to it

/loud noises

our oline couldn't block a running play twice the same way if their life defended on it, of course if they did our running backs would dance and miss the hole.

Just now, 936horn said:

The only hire that matter is football. The only one. 

That’s not true, but okay.

And CDC doesn’t get a day so in the hiring of the football coach. You know it. I know it. We all know it. So that’s multiple reasons why your CDC hate is misguided.

• Hook 'Em 2

The silver lining of Sark likely being locked in through 2024 at least is that it does align nicely with a period to evaluate some potentially promising options that could still be on the board in a couple of years.

Dan Lanning, Dave Aranda, Kalen DeBoer, Lance Leipold, Sonny Dykes - off the top of my head and in no particular order. Don't know that anyone in this group would be considered a sure things today, but I don't think any of them are particularly likely to be going to a true destination job in the next year or two, and I would imagine one or two of them is going to end up being able to point to a couple of years of sustained P5 success by the time Texas is on the market.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

That’s not true, but okay.

And CDC doesn’t get a day so in the hiring of the football coach. You know it. I know it. We all know it. So that’s multiple reasons why your CDC hate is misguided.

Look if CDC is really not getting a say in the FB coach then fine I agree but isn’t it a bit hard to believe he had no say in sark? It just feels convenient to blame a suit like Eltife and not the AD. And as far as it not being true, would you trade perpetual mediocrity in all other sports for another football natty or two? I would without even thinking about it. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Urban isn’t going to let his legacy be defined by Jacksonville.

He is going to want a shot at redemption and we should absolutely hire him if he wants to come here.

He’ll win another NC somewhere. I’d like for it to be at Texas.

that fucker's going to end up at Oklahoma, it's just a matter of when.

5 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

You see over there in the tobacco country, there is the man, the myth, the legend... Whose worst seasons rival the best since his firing. He left his yellow curse here. 

Same with Nebs and aggy who fired their old ball game coaches. Maybe it's time for a statue or statues to break it.

This is such a lazy take. I've watched multiple of UNC's games in person this year... If they played our schedule, Mack would be 6-4 or worse.

17 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Look if CDC is really not getting a say in the FB coach then fine I agree but isn’t it a bit hard to believe he had no say in sark? 

No.

This is Texas. It is absolutely, 100% believable that the AD has no say so in the hiring of the foozeball coach because BMDs. 🤣

21 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Look if CDC is really not getting a say in the FB coach then fine I agree but isn’t it a bit hard to believe he had no say in sark? It just feels convenient to blame a suit like Eltife and not the AD. And as far as it not being true, would you trade perpetual mediocrity in all other sports for another football natty or two? I would without even thinking about it. 

No, as an alum, I wouldn’t trade anything because I would demand that every sport from football down to women’s knitting be competing for National Championships or they can get the fuck out. 

At Texas, we don’t have to trade mediocrity for success in one, specific sport. We should be demanding success in every single sport we field. That’s not a hard concept. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Here's the deal. You're gonna get that national championship without having to be mediocre in all other sports. 

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No.

This is Texas. It is absolutely, 100% believable that the AD has no say so in the hiring of the foozeball coach because BMDs. 🤣

Ya that’s fucking fair and infuriating. I stand by the rest then - the BMDs are fucking losers

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No, as an alum, I wouldn’t trade anything because I would demand that every sport from football down to women’s knitting be competing for National Championships or they can get the fuck out. 

At Texas, we don’t have to trade mediocrity for success in one, specific sport. We should be demanding success in every single sport we field. That’s not a hard concept. 

I 100% agree - I just care more about football but we SHOULN’T have to compromise. 

Prolly talking out my ass here but this game has the potential to be the 2004 12-0 loss to ou.

We were all sick to death and thought the run was over. The next year VY became himself…

whoever said above, if our receivers catch the ball we win the game.  Also if Ewers sees Bijan on the wheel we win. Not to mention don’t be stupid in rushing the punter. Very disappointed, but starting over right now feels like giving up on the next 3 years already.  I’m sick of this!!

• Like 1

Please stop with Patterson talk. He’s older and fatter than ever (possibly sweatier too), and his replacement is undefeated in year 1. Maybe if it was 2010 or 2015.

47 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

that fucker's (Urban) going to end up at Oklahoma, it's just a matter of when.

In about 3 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Please stop with Patterson talk. He’s older and fatter than ever (possibly sweatier too), and his replacement is undefeated in year 1. Maybe if it was 2010 or 2015.

yea I didn't realize he'd had so many bad years in a row, sure left them some talent though.