4 University of Idaho students killed in home - Suspect in Custody

Helobious

More information released (search warrants): https://www.yahoo.com/news/glove-reddish-pillow-receipts-seized-231020062.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation/police-seize-bedding-from-idaho-stabbing-suspects-home/

“Investigators did not seize any weapon from Kohberger’s apartment, according to the search warrant. They did take several strands of “possible hair,” including one identified as a “possible animal hair strand.” They also took some store receipts, a tag from a company that makes coveralls and other work apparel, and two store receipts. The dust bin from a vacuum cleaner, a computer tower and a “Fire TV” stick were collected as well. 

In the application for the search warrant, Moscow Police Sgt. Dustin Baker said investigators were seeking several kinds of potential evidence, including images of the stabbing victims or their home, data that might indicate an interest in planning murders or violence, anything with DNA and dark clothing and knives.”

————-

Be interesting if that was dog hair from Murphy (they can’t say it definitively comes from a specific dog but they can at least match breed/type of dog.) watched too much true crime stuff and I know they can’t match to the exact animal but again it would be interesting. Just one more piece of evidence. 

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

More information released (search warrants): https://www.yahoo.com/news/glove-reddish-pillow-receipts-seized-231020062.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation/police-seize-bedding-from-idaho-stabbing-suspects-home/

“Investigators did not seize any weapon from Kohberger’s apartment, according to the search warrant. They did take several strands of “possible hair,” including one identified as a “possible animal hair strand.” They also took some store receipts, a tag from a company that makes coveralls and other work apparel, and two store receipts. The dust bin from a vacuum cleaner, a computer tower and a “Fire TV” stick were collected as well. 

In the application for the search warrant, Moscow Police Sgt. Dustin Baker said investigators were seeking several kinds of potential evidence, including images of the stabbing victims or their home, data that might indicate an interest in planning murders or violence, anything with DNA and dark clothing and knives.”

————-

Be interesting if that was dog hair from Murphy (they can’t say it definitively comes from a specific dog but they can at least match breed/type of dog.) watched too much true crime stuff and I know they can’t match to the exact animal but again it would be interesting. Just one more piece of evidence. 

cf0qfg5crwca1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hopefully they get something out of all that. Because so far all they have is a white Elantra seen near the crime scene, some cell phone pings, and DNA that doesn’t match him but matches his family. That doesn’t seem like the strongest of cases. 

I assume they can get a DNA test from him now that he’s in custody.  They won’t rely on a relative’s DNA at trial.  

34 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I assume they can get a DNA test from him now that he’s in custody.  They won’t rely on a relative’s DNA at trial.  

He might have already done everyone the favor.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271252642.html

During their discussion, Kohberger asked his neighbor, who is not from the U.S., whether he could identify Kohberger’s ancestral background, the man said. The neighbor said he guessed Italy before Kohberger stated that he was of German descent.

“He talked about his ancestors,” the 30-year-old neighbor said. “He had some sort of DNA test. I don’t know how he got to that point. … It was just interesting to him.”

The detail could shed new light on growing reports that investigators used public genealogy databases to land on Kohberger as the alleged killer. Citing law enforcement sources, multiple news outlets, including Fox News, CNN and ABC News, reported as early as the day after Kohberger’s arrest that police employed the forensic technique to narrow their focus to Kohberger, while making no mention of the contentious method in the probable cause affidavit used to justify taking him into custody.

A single source of male DNA was recovered from the button snap on a Ka-Bar brand leather knife sheath found on the bed next to the body of one of the four victims, police said. Police later matched the DNA from trash discarded at the Kohberger home in eastern Pennsylvania, where Bryan Kohberger was visiting his family for the winter break, to the profile taken from the knife sheath, according to the affidavit.

However, investigators didn’t hone in on Kohberger and seek a search warrant for his cellphone data until after the investigative genetic genealogy (IGG) results came back identifying him, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told Slate.

52 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hopefully they get something out of all that. Because so far all they have is a white Elantra seen near the crime scene, some cell phone pings, and DNA that doesn’t match him but matches his family. That doesn’t seem like the strongest of cases. 

That's all they produced in the affidavit to arrest him. I'll guarantee they have a shit ton more than that. 

The PC affidavit was just enough information for an arrest. This is not all they have. SW just tells us what they took and would like to have.

He’s not very smart. Just a fucking run of the mill incel/serial killer. A syndrome if you will. They had an FBI profiler on a program I watched and they said something about how his type of killer would much prefer to use a knife bc it simulates penetration (for him the stabbing is sexual.) yuck.

Anyway. Like I said he was sloppy. Not clever. Once he was pulled over twice he probably believed they were on to him. So then he dumps his garbage at his parent’s at a neighbor’s trash wearing gloves. He’s not original. Or unique. They have a playbook on this guy. He’s just cannon fodder. he’s just a definition of a great person with human parts. Feels no empathy or remorse. Just causes suffering because it gets him off. 

The case they build will be a strong one. I have every confidence of that. I don’t have confidence in juries. Many are still prone to the CSI effect and simply must have the crime on video for them to find a perp guilty. Because they aren’t bright. Reasonable doubt doesn’t mean beyond a shadow of a doubt. The police have plenty of camera footage probably still to sort through from all over town but they have his route and cell pings and have all his computer shit to go through. Since there is a gag order unless there is a huge leak we won’t hear much else until June. The defense hasn’t even filed for discovery yet. The prosecution and police are still getting all their puzzle pieces together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Jury in a gruesome, quadruple homicide trial of beautiful young women is gonna feel pressure. And on the other side its gonna be real easy to convict that guy based on demeanor. Gonna be a quick deliberation.

Unless it’s approaching lunch time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

Jury in a gruesome, quadruple homicide trial of beautiful young women is gonna feel pressure. And on the other side its gonna be real easy to convict that guy based on demeanor. Gonna be a quick deliberation.

Yeah former atty who defended John Gotti Jr and El Chapo (Jeffrey Lichtman)  said he would rather defend Brian Walshe than defend  BK because of gruesome deaths of the Idaho 4 that included three young women.  Lichtman expects the Idaho 4 jury to really sympathize with the victims families and wanting justice. 

Edited by LTtxfan

So the night of the murders there was a hit and run crash right outside where BK lived. Drunk sorority girl hits two pedestrians that were rushed to the hospital. It was a few hours or so before he allegedly drove to Moscow to do his stabbing and murdering. Neighbors and court documents said he was an insomniac and cell phone pings put him at his place at the time of the crash.  Regardless, it was a drunk sorority KD chick who was driving and there was a manhunt for her before she was apprehended. Here is what is interesting from the article: (crime scene at his place thanks to drunk sorority chick):

“The police response to the hit-and-run blocked the most direct way to Kohberger's home, one of only two ways to access his apartment building. The route that was open that night requires turning four times on residential streets and going over four speed bumps before connecting with a main road. The route the police blocked had one turn and one speed bump.”

<Police were still there investigating the hit and run shit after the murders>

“By 5:30 a.m., cell-tower pings showed his phone back at his home. Witnesses said the police were still on his street responding to the crash.”

https://www.insider.com/police-responded-to-car-accident-outside-bryan-kohberger-home-idaho-2023-1?amp

That’s just fucking bizarre on top of all the other strange shit. Horrific gruesome crash and basically a crime scene at his place for several hours…wtf!? 

Edited by Nicole44

On 1/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, Nicole44 said:

The PC affidavit was just enough information for an arrest. This is not all they have. SW just tells us what they took and would like to have.

He’s not very smart. Just a fucking run of the mill incel/serial killer. A syndrome if you will. They had an FBI profiler on a program I watched and they said something about how his type of killer would much prefer to use a knife bc it simulates penetration (for him the stabbing is sexual.) yuck.

I'll have to take their word for it.  Maybe I've been getting laid wrong all these years.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

No mention of his new admirer? She seems stable.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100033467738566&mibextid=LQQJ4d

Kentucky mom says Bryan Kohberger is her 'divine masculine' and claims she sent him letters and dolled up pics

https://www.fox4news.com/news/kentucky-mom-says-bryan-kohberger-is-her-divine-masculine-and-claims-she-sent-him-letters-and-dolled-up-pics
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's defense team believes one of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle's surviving roommates may be the key to clearing his name.

Kohberger has been accused of fatally stabbing the three University of Idaho students, as well as Kernodle's boyfriend Ethan Chapin, at an off-campus home in Moscow, Idaho in the early hours of Nov. 13. Two other roommates were asleep during the killings and did not suffer any injuries.

Now, in court documents obtained by E! News on April 25, a criminal investigator working for Kohberger's counsel claimed Bethany Funke—who lived with Goncalves, Mogen and Kernodle at the time of their deaths—has "information material to the charges against Mr. Kohberger." Kohberger's investigator said that some of the information Funke allegedly has is "exculpatory" to the defendant, meaning it could help his defense. 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1372431/idaho-murder-suspect-bryan-kohberger-claims-surviving-roommate-has-evidence-that-may-help-clear-his-name

Unleash @Nicole44

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I am not sure what I am supposed to “unleash” on but (a) the guy is a hedonistic type that kills for the pleasure of killing. The sexual component is the stabbing (we don’t get it but they derive satisfaction from the act of stabbing-penetration) (b) I do have reservations on one of the surviving roommate’s story. Reading through what is readily available. Damn. It’s a tragedy all around if this roommate is an innocent bystander. I can’t imagine the terror. And the PTSD and the guilt and depression and a whole host of other shit that goes along with that. 

I can’t weigh in or “unleash” on this bc in reading through what is available I can see why a defense attorney would attack her statement(s)—look most seasoned attorneys would jump on that. You have one roommate (not sure if one and the same) saying they saw the killer walk past them after hearing cries from her roommates and was frozen in terror and then just hid for like 8 or so hours. No one knows who called police just that one of the two survivors phone was used. Nothing has been said as far as the other surviving roommate.

it’s clear from all the evidence compiled that he drove there and killed the four young people. I think what bothers people is the timeline of the food being delivered right before. Like within a couple of minutes before the slaughter. So I weighed in and unleashed (I’m not Nancy Fucking Grace—-for all her flaws I absolutely respect her btw)

(NewsNation) — One of the survivors of the Idaho college killings has agreed to sit for an interview with accused murderer Bryan Kohberger’s defense counsel, according to court documents.

Bethany Funke has agreed to meet with the counsel in Reno, Nevada, where she is believed to be living.
https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/idaho-college-killings/surviving-idaho-roommate-bethany-funke-interview-kohbergers-defense/amp/

This guy is a real POS. But hey they are entitled to a defense. I love how people out there still think these types can be rehabilitated. Same logic California used back in the 1970’s or does anyone remember the Dating Game killer? Jesus. 

9 minutes ago, huge said:

I sure dont

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/rodney-alcala-dead-dating-game.html

He was a serial killer that actually appeared on a show the Dating Game and won the girl but she was so creeped out by him she called the producer and asked to opt out of the date after they met backstage.

Anyway it was part of California’s rehabilitation bullshit where guys like him got multiple breaks in terms of sentencing. Because I guess people can’t conceptually understand some people can’t be fixed.