4 University of Idaho students killed in home - Suspect in Custody

Helobious

Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone Ka-Bar brand knives, which are also known as K bar knives.

Idaho State Police spokesperson Aaron Snell told the Statesman on Thursday that detectives visited several local hardware stores that may carry “fixed-blade type knives,” but that they weren’t solely asking about Ka-Bar knives.

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit is now assisting Moscow Police in the investigation. The BAU assists with crime scene analysis, interviewing techniques and can create a profile of an unknown suspect for police to look for.

Update: The Latah County Coroner tells CBS that the killings seemed "personal." The autopsy revealed that a large knife appears to be the murder weapon, but it is not clear who was killed first. There were possible defensive wounds on at least some of the victims according the Coroner. Each victim was stabbed more than once and there is no sign of sexual assault.

Somebody better be interviewing this guy

hannibal and clarice GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

so the 4 killed were the ones who got home at 2am from partying? 

Sounds like a pissed off roommate 

Somethings off there.  The living roommates said they didn't wake up.  The autopsies said there were some defensive wounds, so I'd wager to guess that someone screamed at least once.  

So roommate kills 4 people, other roommate wakes up and gets knocked unconscious? Then 911 is called? Hmmmmm...

Had not thought of that. My first instinct is two roommates got fucked up, other 4 came back, someone tailed someone, came in and got them. 

really have no idea except this is a messed up story. For 4 families and countless friends the holidays will never be the same. 

5 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Somethings off there.  The living roommates said they didn't wake up.  The autopsies said there were some defensive wounds, so I'd wager to guess that someone screamed at least once.  

Screams should’ve woken up everyone in the neighborhood.  We had a possum get in the house last year and the next door neighbor came over to make sure everything was ok after hearing my wife scream.  I think she could get a little louder for a human inteuder with a big ass knife.

• Haha 1

Something is fucking off and Moscow (pronounced moss-co.... this isn't fucking russia) police seem to be over their skiis on this.  Glad the fbi finally got called in.  The two other roommates at home with no call to cops until noon is weird.  I have two buddies with kids in frats at UofI and everyone bolted. Only kids still in the house are locals.  

I just don't see how with all the ring cameras and everything else that they still don't have a clue.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This asshole had to be drenched head-to-toe in blood. Surely they got some fingerprints, shoe print somewhere.

Like pops said above, I can’t believe they don’t have a suspicious person/vehicle on a Ring cam somewhere in the neighborhood at 2-3am in the morning.

23 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Link?

18 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

That’s crazy to think, since they’re designed to keep water out.

I saw the photo. “Seeping out of the walls” is utter bullshit. There are a few tiny trickles running down the foundation where the wall meets the slab. Like there was a pool of blood on the floor and some trickled out.

25 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Apparently it’s a very big house that’s more akin to a duplex. 2 different living rooms and kitchens. Surviving roommates were in a distant wing from where the murdered people were. 

Makes sense.  I lived in a four roommate old house in Hyde Park while at UT.  The front two bedrooms and the back two bedrooms were in totally different worlds.

Very odd story, though.   

18 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Enough alcohol and some people can sleep through anything.

I was pretty drunk the night my wife found a possum in the bathroom.  I woke the fuck up pretty quickly when I heard that scream.  I ain’t buying the roommates slept through it, and I’ve consumed more alcohol in my life than the average surly poster.  You can snap to attention pretty quickly when you hear an unusually loud sound.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I was pretty drunk the night my wife found a possum in the bathroom.  I woke the fuck up pretty quickly when I heard that scream.  I ain’t buying the roommates slept through it, and I’ve consumed more alcohol in my life than the average surly poster.  You can snap to attention pretty quickly when you hear an unusually loud sound.

I don’t care what you buy, “some people” by definition doesn’t include everyone. I have kid that’s almost impossible to wake with no other influences.

* And I’m not saying that’s what happened here.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

7 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t care what you buy, “some people” by definition doesn’t include everyone. I have kid that’s almost impossible to wake with no other influences.

* And I’m not saying that’s what happened here.

I’m guessing here.  We all are.  Someone being stabbed to death with defensive wounds is gonna make some noise.  That’s all I’m saying.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Is this some sort of euphemism for naked woman? How does a possum get in the bathroom?

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Is this some sort of euphemism for naked woman? How does a possum get in the bathroom?

No euphemism.  The little fucker chewed through the soffit on that side of the house where the cable line was run which created a small opening which it enlarged.  It’s all fun and games until you have to go get your work gloves at 3 a.m., catch a wild animal, stuff it into a grocery bag, and drive a few blocks to the creek to release it, brcause snapping its neck would be inhumane. This is in North Dallas, not out on a ranch somewhere.  Guys in hazmat suits did a thorough cleaning of the attic a few days later, which wasn’t cheap.

• Haha 1

Here on surly we have experts on pretty much every subject. I’m waiting for the poster to chime in who has been stabbed to death to see how much they screamed.

Kid at my high school got stabbed a dozen times in the back by a redneck he got in a fight with at a dancehall. He thought he’d been punched repeatedly while on the ground. He didn’t even know he’d been stabbed until a bit later when he couldn’t breath due to a lung collapsing and someone lifted up the back of his shirt ti see the stab wounds.

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Kid at my high school got stabbed a dozen times in the back by a redneck he got in a fight with at a dancehall. He thought he’d been punched repeatedly while on the ground. He didn’t even know he’d been stabbed until a bit later when he couldn’t breath due to a lung collapsing and someone lifted up the back of his shirt ti see the stab wounds.

But did he scream? 

One of the worst things I ever saw was photos of the aftermath of a stabbing at a bar in College Station when I was an intern during law school for a prosecutor. So much blood in a pickup truck. From what I’ve been told - gun shot victims usually bleed internally so the crime scenes are not as graphic, but stab wounds cause lots and lots of blood. 

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ex-student, druggie, familiar with house (went to parties there before), history of anger issues and/or weird stalking behavior.  

This. I’m leaning towards psycho familiar with layout of the house and knew that it’d be full of girls. Didn’t expect boyfriend to be there. Really doubt he knew any of the victims.  Don’t think this case ever gets solved either due to its randomness.

• Like 1

Seems like the cops ought to figure out who Jack is. 

One of the victims of the quadruple homicide near the University of Idaho on Nov. 13 called a man named Jack seven times just before she was murdered, her sister told "Inside Edition."

Moscow police believe victims Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Madison Mogen, 21; Ethan Chapin, 20; and Xana Kernodle, 20, were stabbed to death at their home near campus between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Nov. 13.

"At 2:26 a.m., Kaylee starts to call Jack," Alivea Goncalves told "Inside Edition," which described Jack as a young man. "Kaylee calls Jack six times between 2:26 a.m. and 2:44 a.m. From 2:44 to 2:52 Maddie calls Jack three times, then Kaylee makes a final call to him at 2:52 a.m."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-murder-victims-sister-says-she-called-man-6-times-night-slayings-report.amp

7 hours ago, hornian said:

One of the worst things I ever saw was photos of the aftermath of a stabbing at a bar in College Station when I was an intern during law school for a prosecutor. So much blood in a pickup truck. From what I’ve been told - gun shot victims usually bleed internally so the crime scenes are not as graphic, but stab wounds cause lots and lots of blood. 

The Goonies 80S GIF

• immamac changed the title to 4 University of Idaho students killed in home - Suspect in Custody