FC Koln vs VfB Stuttgart at Q2

CooterBrown

Listed my tickets for $25 when the lowest available was $35 and they sold in seconds. SeatGeek’s system will buy your tickets if they’re priced low to protect the secondary market average price. I assume that’s who bought them.

Attendance today will be less than the two teams on the field.

I went.  It was cold and a little windy, but the rain held off so it wasn't too bad at all.  Might have been 1K in the house?  Probably generous on that - I did notice the Lexus club was packed when we did a lap at halftime looking for merch from the German teams (none to be found, which was a real bummer).

Stuttgart put up 4 in the 1st half and both teams subbed out pretty much the entire side in the 2nd, so it was pretty funny to see a bunch of #s in the 30s and 40s.  I suspect those were the 2nd tier guys getting friendly runs. Koln scored 2 in the 2nd, but it was mostly meh w/ all the 2nd stringers - a clear drop off in talent/skill.

Couple things I thought were pretty cool:  #7 for Stuttgart was playing top L for the 1st 25 or 30 min of the half, and then swapped sides w/ #9 (?) for the rest of the half - and did again in the 2nd half as well.  I'd never seen that before, other than after a scramble, and this was clearly planned/tactical.  Also, 7 kept getting the ball even/behind him early on and was clearly frustrated with his teammates.  When they finally gave him service in space up front, he promptly scored...twice.  Like, the very next 2 times they passed him the ball.  Second one was a MAN's goal too - counter right up the middle of the field, ball well out in front and the defender was closer, but he bullied past the D, boxed out, and then buried the shot on the run.

• Like 1

Read an article about the game. There were 7,000 tickets sold. Both teams thought the AFC training grounds, stadium, and pitch were first class and they extremely impressed. Both clubs and a league rep didn’t expect a turnout due to college football. However, they are committed to building the Bundeslinga brand in the US so they are definitely coming back.

• Hook 'Em 1