#11 Texas vs #2 Gonzaga - 8:30pm on ESPN2: it's game day, assholes!

KingBobo81

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is a crazy stat. It never made sense to me why we wouldn't push the ball last year when we were a very athletic squad that would often get bogged down in our half court offense, but this year we're even more athletic with better ball handlers and we are killing teams in transition.  The easy points were getting with our lock down defense is a lethal combo. I think the fast break points will go a long way towards making up for any shooting deficiencies we might have, and after last night's game, we might be a good bit better at shooting than expected. 

I don't think we are all that athletic last year.  We are this year.  Added Hunter, Mitchell, Rice, and Morris.  Disu is healthy.  Carr has slimmed down.  Last year we really weren't very athletic.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I'm not convinced that adding 5k people in there would make it quieter. 

But I tend to agree, don't fix what's not broken at all. 

Yea, this. If you can guarantee a sell out upper deck for say the Kansas game there’s no way 7000 people are less intimidating than some acoustic padding. Looked lit either way though so no need to change it.

3 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Shut it about the damn upper deck. It does not exist for Texas home basketball games (nor should it), get it out of your mind. We have a great fucking thing going with that atmosphere and some of you damn clowns want to go and fuck it up already.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Everything was perfect!  I say we change it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I don't think we are all that athletic last year.  We are this year.  Added Hunter, Mitchell, Rice, and Morris.  Disu is healthy.  Carr has slimmed down.  Last year we really weren't very athletic.

Agree. Last year Allen’s lack of athleticism didn’t stick out. This year it does. 

I’m really proud this morning. That crowd was rocking. I can’t say that there wasn’t a few drops of doubt in my brain that the crowd would be loud but not B level duke fans which is a huge upgrade for our arenas. Hopefully we get to A-level if we keep kicking ass like we did. 

In terms of the team, amazing win and couldn’t be happier with that performance but we still have a ways to go and that’s such an awesome thing to say. I think Morris will get it by mid season and look out. I’m waiting for like a 18 and 14 3 blk game from Mitchell soon. Rice was one of those huh transfers are first but dang has been a pivotal kinda glue morphing like important role. Good to see carr look like pre-Texas carr-if he can keep that up, that’ll be great. I’m writing Timmy last just because of tonight’s game but he can easily drop 15+ any night, he will play better and has shown. And I don’t need to say anything about hunter. What an effin get. Wow that was. I wish they would start rankings now after 3-4 games, we have to be top 5, doesn’t matter-kinda like the being hunter not hunted more but who cares. Let’s go! hook em!

50 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’m really proud this morning. That crowd was rocking. I can’t say that there wasn’t a few drops of doubt in my brain that the crowd would be loud but not B level duke fans which is a huge upgrade for our arenas. Hopefully we get to A-level if we keep kicking ass like we did. 

In terms of the team, amazing win and couldn’t be happier with that performance but we still have a ways to go and that’s such an awesome thing to say. I think Morris will get it by mid season and look out. I’m waiting for like a 18 and 14 3 blk game from Mitchell soon. Rice was one of those huh transfers are first but dang has been a pivotal kinda glue morphing like important role. Good to see carr look like pre-Texas carr-if he can keep that up, that’ll be great. I’m writing Timmy last just because of tonight’s game but he can easily drop 15+ any night, he will play better and has shown. And I don’t need to say anything about hunter. What an effin get. Wow that was. I wish they would start rankings now after 3-4 games, we have to be top 5, doesn’t matter-kinda like the being hunter not hunted more but who cares. Let’s go! hook em!

Why only 3 blocks?

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Brock is exactly the kind of energy that it seems Beard wants on this team. Glad he was a solid contributor last night. The steal fast break was awesome.

Hope he gets his payback in Lubbock this year. I know he wanted it bad last year. Glue guy for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Popping in to say I’m glad I’m a texas basketball fan. That was a lot of fun. Much more fun than watching the football team anytime during the last 12 years or so (except, perhaps, for that glorious october day in Dallas just over a month ago).

Look, we're a basketball school now. The football program stacks up ok with the Duke, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Kansas, and Villanovas of the world. Over last 12 years: had some fun games; played top teams close a couple of times; almost sniffed a conference title; went to a few bowls, including a Sugar Bowl win. Hell, in that context Texas currently has one of the best basketball school football programs. It's all about perspective in these new world order times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

enjoyed watching the highlights..

whatever Hickman did to get the technical, it got the Horns going after the sluggish start

low profile but key play of the night, Rice offensive rebound and layup off the Bishop missed 3

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Watching Mitchell come in and be able to make immediate impact simply with athleticism is so great. It was always so frustrating watching those type guys stand around the perimeter under Shaka
Beard clearly understands to let him run baseline and hang out around the dunker spot.

or, in the case of guys like Greg Brown (and even Kai Jones), watching them sit on the bench. 

• Rage+1 1