I’ll kick in on graphics if needed

Xminus6

40 minutes ago, futureman said:

the punisher shit is awful.  not shitting on your talent x-6 but it’s just wrong for the board.  trying too hard to be edgy.  dickbutt is more our speed. 

Dickbutt definitely more our speed, but probably NWS.  We're more laid back/National Lampoon-type of stuff than angry teens.  I'm not saying the punisher thing is only angry teens (and it's very well-drawn), but that's what it would come across as.

It's not hard to draw a cow/bull, as shown in this image:

ibti1PM.png

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, futureman said:

the punisher shit is awful.  not shitting on your talent x-6 but it’s just wrong for the board.  trying too hard to be edgy.  dickbutt is more our speed. 

No worries. I've expressed my doubts as well. I'll do that more cartoony one and see if people like it. I'm not really emotionally invested in it one way or another. Being a creative for a couple decades disabuses you of the notion that you have to have you heart tied to any one thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

@Patricio Swayze requested the Danzig icon be reconfigured as a possible brand in the Tapa thread. I've worked on it a little today and came up with the below. Thoughts? I can also look at making banners of this or other elements if there is a need. 

eg5R798.png

q0mbaGx.png

5v7sjpC.png

gNufuqe.png

To get rid of that black fringing around the picture, set the layer's opacity setting to "Lighten".

24 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

To get rid of that black fringing around the picture, set the layer's opacity setting to "Lighten".

I'm using GIMP for the first time to develop this out and there is a bit of a learning curve. Used to PS but dont have it handy on my work computer. I'll do more refining but didn't want to go all out until I know these are actually going to be useful. 

Thanks for the tip though. 

GIMP is a good program. It did take some getting used to, at least for me.

Somebody posted a picture of an actual, angry bull. I kind of liked that. Maybe a surlster can snap a picture of his bull that we could use.

Edited by retread

[mention=98]Patricio Swayze[/mention] requested the Danzig icon be reconfigured as a possible brand in the Tapa thread. I've worked on it a little today and came up with the below. Thoughts? I can also look at making banners of this or other elements if there is a need. 
eg5R798.png

q0mbaGx.png

5v7sjpC.png

gNufuqe.png

Pass...MS-13 type shit.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, HornGrandioso said:

Another Tom Lea work that could be integrated into a banner or something. It was commissioned by the government during the New Deal so I think it's public domain. 

StampedeTexas.png?x55595

Take the black longhorn and make him burnt orange and I think we may have something.

As much as I love thujone's logo proposal, I don't think my employer would like it on my desktop too much

I'm not a Longhorn but this is great

On 3/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mojo Hand said:

Copyrighted, so license fee would have to be paid, but this is one surly fucking horn:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/highland-bull-mike-mann.html

As are these

On 3/27/2018 at 5:10 AM, Xminus6 said:

Inspired by Punisher logo.surlyhorn.jpg?raw=1

On 3/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Xminus6 said:

Maybe something like this.

surlyhornPunisher.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 1:22 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Looks pretty damn good. I sent you a PM. I didn’t necessarily think it should be for this site, I more wanted it for a shirt. Had thought about it years ago but kept putting it off.

I was checking old dm's before I quit shag and there were several guys that wanted to make shirts out of my avatar but never heard any one actually do it. 

• Like 1

Here's an image that might be useful to work from. Horns need lengthening, could use some orange tint, maybe some "snort" coming out of the nose, a pair of Oakley's. But it's got a good Surly quality about it. Just don't tell anyone in Durham where it came from.

6nAxIHS.png

On 3/30/2018 at 1:48 AM, blacklab said:

Take the black longhorn and make him burnt orange and I think we may have something.

As much as I love thujone's logo proposal, I don't think my employer would like it on my desktop too much

Just an early preview. Needs a lot more work with fonts, sizing, placing, colors, exposure, etc..

eI1AYs3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Netzer said:

Just an early preview. Needs a lot more work with fonts, sizing, placing, colors, exposure, etc..

eI1AYs3.jpg

I’m doing a sketch of that graphic. I’ll finish it up when I get back home from this vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve communicated with Xminus6 and informed him that I had a few working ideas and illustrations but I’ve been sick as a dog since that correspondence. I’ll try to get them finished out a bit from the pencils either tonight or tomorrow. Great work, everyone.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:12 AM, the idoit said:

I’ve communicated with Xminus6 and informed him that I had a few working ideas and illustrations but I’ve been sick as a dog since that correspondence. I’ll try to get them finished out a bit from the pencils either tonight or tomorrow. Great work, everyone.

Is that an excuse? Put your white hat on and man up. 

• Like 1

[mention=98]Patricio Swayze[/mention] requested the Danzig icon be reconfigured as a possible brand in the Tapa thread. I've worked on it a little today and came up with the below. Thoughts? I can also look at making banners of this or other elements if there is a need. 
eg5R798.png

q0mbaGx.png

5v7sjpC.png

gNufuqe.png
Put me down for an XL if these shirts ever get made.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 1:47 AM, Xminus6 said:

Here's a pass.

SurlyHornLogo.jpg?raw=1

Put the “surl” to the left of the logo and the “horns” to the right of the logo. Let the logo be the “Y” in surlyhorns 

Edited by EuroHorn